• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arashi
    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Mathieu
    Hi FearTheLoss,

thanks for your continued interest.

A 50 grafts test will be conducted this next wednesday. Do you want me to publish the documentation on the forum?
    This time, there will be both donor & recipient analysis. Pictures will be taken with a reflex camera and a Proscope.
    The patient is a senior member of the french-speaking forum, and has already undergone 2 FUE procedures.
    Hi Mathieu,

This would be most interesting. But after the deception of HASCI's 50 grafts test so far (with very mediocre pre-op photo's), please: either shoot and post usuable pre-op (and post-op) photo's, which show exactly and clearly how many hairs each graft had, or don't bother at all ... Sorry if I sound a bit sour but really, please spare us the deception if you're not serious about this.

Comment

• Arashi
      • Aug 2012

To clarify, this is NOT what we want: http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/...g/13188017.jpg
      This is fine though: http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/...g/13188025.jpg although preferably even sharper photo's/higher resolution and microscopic ones.

Comment

• Mathieu
        • Mar 2013

Hello Arashi,

it's ok.

The same camera which shot the pics in page 1 & page 2 of this thread will be used again. I'm not sure it can do better than before, but it was already enough to provide accurate counting.

We'll also use two different microscopic devices, producing pics such as:

(courtesy of my scalp)

Will that meet your expectations?

Comment

• garethbale
          • Apr 2012

Bloody hell Arashi, I can't tell the difference between those shots and why the second is superior to the first. Can you clarify?

Also, what was wrong with Hasci's photos?

Comment

• Mathieu
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by garethbale
            Also, what was wrong with Hasci's photos?
            Gareth,

you can follow the discussion here: http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...172#post126172

Comment

• Arashi
              • Aug 2012

Those would be just perfect Mathieu ! All the best wednesday and please, make us happy

Comment

• garethbale
                • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Mathieu
                Gareth,

you can follow the discussion here: http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...172#post126172
                Thank you Mathieu

Comment

• Mathieu
                  • Mar 2013

Arashi, can you please check my personal request here: http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...202#post126202 . I would appreciate some of your inputs.

Please remember that I'm a patient too, and that my hair condition (after 2 unsuccessful transplants) is affecting my life very much, so be sure that I want to make things work. The Gerd meme won't be relevantly used with me :-P

Could you please be so kind to c/c here the 50 grafts test's guidelines that JJJJrS had published? I may use them as a blueprint for wednesday's procedure.

Comment

• caddarik79
                    • Feb 2013

this is the quality pictures every one expect, crazy that Hasci dared to send such a crappy pre-op...
                    and also let us for so long in the blur...

It's time for competition to rise... I have enough of mysterious patients with 13.000 grafts, slight depleted donor but no picture...

If there is someone coming and better than them at both results and communication, my next 10.000 euros is for these people...

Months coming will show us what Nigam and Mousseigne have to offer (results, transparency, prices)... I put myself on hold, I'm not sponsoring a company that can not provide clear proofs and results and informations.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                      • Dec 2012

sounds awesome! definitely post the 50 graft test! can't wait to see it!

Comment

• JJJJrS
                        • Apr 2012

Mathieu, here is a list of instructions I made for the 50 graft test procedure earlier:

Requirements for 50 graft test procedure

You did a excellent job last time with the documentation so I'm sure you'll come up with great photos again. Looking forward to your results and all the best.

Comment

• didi
                          • Nov 2011

sounds promising, please don't let us down with documentation

dr nigam and mousseigne shd start working together for the sake of improving results and helping HL sufferers

Comment

• Joker
                            • Aug 2012

Hi Mathieu,

Thank you for keeping us updated, and thank you for agreeing to a 50-graft patch test.

Do you have any updates with regard to American doctors embracing this technique? Have you reached out to any? Have any shown interest? Do you have an estimate on how long it would take to get a doctor to start experimenting with this in the United States? I, for one, would love to volunteer as a test participant.

Also, any word on your own procedure? Have patients started undergoing larger sessions?

Sorry for all the questions, this just seems like a very interesting technique and I think all of us are eager for more information. Thanks again.

Comment

• Mathieu
                              • Mar 2013

FearTheLoss, thanks for your support. Even though the procedure will take place this wednesday morning, you will have to wait a few additional days before I can publish all the relevant data. Let's say that it will be done by next sunday

JJJJrS, thanks for the link! That was more or less how we intended to proceed, so it's nice to see you agreeing on the way to go. However, due to protection of our protocol, we will not reveal every detail. In fact, I need to discuss with Dr Mousseigne about the content we can share publicly for now. But I believe that monitoring of both donor & recipient areas won't be a problem.

didi, Dr Nigam seems to be focused on other types of protocols, involving mostly products/compounds that we can't use here for sanitary reasons. But maybe will I try to meet him in person sooner or later. We'll see.

Joker, please allow me to c&p a few lines I had posted on HS:
                              "we have good hopes to find a reliable and skilled medical director for a US-based branch. In order to get started shortly, we will have some technical requirements that will shorten the list of potential laureates."
                              The main issue when it comes to exporting the FUE-L technique to the US is to find a doctor already skilled with traditional FUE transplants involving manual punching. Indeed, to my knowledge, nearly every american doctor offering FUE is using a motorized drill; Umar, Feller, Shapiro, Cole (with his new CIT protocol?), Bauman, Bernstein, Harris, Wesley, etc. ... without even mentioning all the unknown docs resorting to Neograft's technicians, and those punching too big. On top of my head, Dr Cooley could be a fine laureate, but I don't know what kind of punch he is using. Last time I checked, Dr Wolf was still using a manual punch too. Anyway, there aren't so many choices at first glance if you're looking for an already competent doctor.
                              I do have an alternative strategy in mind, but we'll see in the course of the summer.

As for "an estimate on how long it would take to get a doctor to start experimenting with this in the US", you have to understand that we are doing the testing here in France and in the UK. So what will eventually be exported to the US will already be proven to work. The question would rather be "how long will it take an american doctor before he can practice efficiently this new technique?", to which I could reply: Just a few weeks of intensive training, or a few months maybe, if he's skilled enough to get the hang of it. So everything could move forward very fast, depending on human potential.

Regarding my "own procedure", I'll c&p another excerpt of a post on HS:
                              "I'll personally undergo a test soon. I'm thinking of lowering my hairline of about 1-1.5 cm, over a bare area. It'll be the occasion to test different percentages of harvesting in the donor with different transplanted densities in the recipient. Results should be easily assessed because of the bare recipient pre-op, and because I keep my hair shaved all the time. "
                              ... I plan to go ahead with it before the end of this month. I'll keep you updated.

Thanks for your questions.

Comment

• Ginkgo
                                • Dec 2011

Hi Mathieu,
                                I'm looking to get 600-800 grafts to add density to and slightly lower my temples. Do you know when Dr Mousseigne's technique would be available to do such a procedure in the UK, and how much it may cost?
                                Regards

Comment

Working...