S-equol again

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kuba197
    • Jan 2016

The recognized leader in the battle against the balding effects of DHT is the clinically proven and FDA approved drug Propecia (finasteride). Propecia works by inhibiting the conversion of testosterone to DHT, potentially slowing or even reversing the effects of androgenic alopecia. However, approximately 2% of males who take Propecia experience debilitating sexual side effects.

Unlike finasteride, Folexen's rumored ability to suppress hair loss and potentially regrow hair is based on the theory that S-equol can bind strongly to free DHT molecules, prohibiting them from binding to the hair follicles' receptor sites. Because Folexen does not suppress the conversion of testosterone to DHT, there is no resulting increase of testosterone in the body and therefore, no sexual side.

Comment

• nobs
      • Mar 2016

Originally posted by kuba197
      The recognized leader in the battle against the balding effects of DHT is the clinically proven and FDA approved drug Propecia (finasteride). Propecia works by inhibiting the conversion of testosterone to DHT, potentially slowing or even reversing the effects of androgenic alopecia. However, approximately 2% of males who take Propecia experience debilitating sexual side effects.

Unlike finasteride, Folexen's rumored ability to suppress hair loss and potentially regrow hair is based on the theory that S-equol can bind strongly to free DHT molecules, prohibiting them from binding to the hair follicles' receptor sites. Because Folexen does not suppress the conversion of testosterone to DHT, there is no resulting increase of testosterone in the body and therefore, no sexual side.
      I don't even know how to respond to this. It's almost as if you copied and pasted from a folexen thread from four years ago.

Comment

• kuba197
        • Jan 2016

They explain how equol works and why it hasn't sides.

Comment

• burtandernie
          • Nov 2012

I guess I am still a bit skeptical it would actually work. Are there any major studies or people with androgen test blood work showing before/after the DHT levels dropping significantly? Without proof I put this in the huge pile of who knows treatments that probably dont work. The list of natural stuff like black tea, spearment tea, flax seeds,saw palmetto/beta sis, and so on that all supposedly lower DHT, but none of those seem to actually stop MPB. So why is this any different?
          I guess we need a small study with exact dosing, and someone to mimic that with blood tests proving it does lower DHT like the theory crafting suggests. A lot of times theory doesnt match physical results. Like I said the list of natural stuff that supposedly lowers androgens is quite large now, but none of it has ever replaced propecia.

Comment

• kuba197
            • Jan 2016

Comment

• kuba197
              • Jan 2016

******More encouraging, to the point of being exciting, is that equol production can, according to researchers at Bear Biotech, be rapidly facilitated in non-producers by the inclusion of dietary cofactors with Soy Isoflavones, resulting in the cessation of hormone related hair loss within 2-3 weeks. These cofactors combined with Soy Isoflavones enable an individual with a different diet and racial/ethnic makeup to produce equol in proportion to his/her eastern equol producing counterparts

Comment

• kuba197
                • Jan 2016

******So what are these cofactors that can be used in conjunction with Soy Isoflavones to rapidly facilitate Equol production in genetic non-producers?

******The short answer-Soy Isoflavones, Green Tea Extract, ProBiotics combined with the daily consumption of two 8-10oz cups of Soymilk , along with 1 cup of yogurt containing acidophilus will quickly turn non equol producers into producers

Comment

• Pray The Bald Away
                  • Mar 2016

Eh, I'm not sure that's gonna turn you into an equol producer. I think it's genetic more than anything. That's why the S-equol would have to be applied several times throughout the week.

Comment

• kuba197
                    • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Pray The Bald Away
                    Eh, I'm not sure that's gonna turn you into an equol producer. I think it's genetic more than anything. That's why the S-equol would have to be applied several times throughout the week.
                    IMO liposmal delvery is the key.

Comment

• Pray The Bald Away
                      • Mar 2016

Originally posted by kuba197
                      IMO liposmal delvery is the key.
                      Yeah, it certainly sounds promising.

Comment

• FeelsBad
                        • Oct 2012

So I ended up buying some equelle. The problem is that they are not capsules of powder, more like tablets with some kind of coating, so I don't know how to go about dissolving them to create a topical. Does anyone have any advice? Here are the ingredients:

Nutrition Component

Per tablet (0.66 g)
                        Energy: 2.86 kcal, protein: 0–0.3 g, fat: 0–0.2 g, carbohydrates: 0.375 g, sodium: 0–2 mg, S-equol: 2.5 mg, Soy isoflavones(aglycone): 1.6mg

Ingredients

Fermented soy germ, glucose, cellulose, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC), colorings (titanium oxide, caramel), talc, calcium stearate

Comment

• burtandernie
                          • Nov 2012

S-equol right now still suffers the problems of saw palmetto and countless other supplements that should help with mpb. Reliable suppliers at a reasonable price for one, but more importantly what is the dose to get results for MPB? Does it even work like people theorycraft it should by binding to Dht. Its often hard to theory craft in medicine because so little is understood. It could takes grams of the stuff to get results for MPB who really knows
                          It just lacks evidence. Does anyone have blood tests showing DHT levels dropping significantly before/after s-equol?

Comment

• tipsfedora
                            • Aug 2015

Originally posted by burtandernie
                            S-equol right now still suffers the problems of saw palmetto and countless other supplements that should help with mpb. Reliable suppliers at a reasonable price for one, but more importantly what is the dose to get results for MPB? Does it even work like people theorycraft it should by binding to Dht. Its often hard to theory craft in medicine because so little is understood. It could takes grams of the stuff to get results for MPB who really knows
                            It just lacks evidence. Does anyone have blood tests showing DHT levels dropping significantly before/after s-equol?
                            http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00962390 Just wanted to gauge peoples opinion on this. It's promising I think. However, I can't find any results....

Comment

• burtandernie
                              • Nov 2012

Most of these studies were in rats. I would also feel a bit better if they had a study in humans showing some dose of equol actually did anything for MPB instead of just assuming because it lowers DHT it will have same effect on MPB. It very well might, but we need to see a little more IMO before proclaiming equol as the fin replacement. Not a lot of places sell equol either otherwise im sure lots of people would on it with tests hopefully on DHT levels

Comment

Working...