+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Still got my sides, which is weird because it's supposed to be "all in my head" so surely they should have stopped by now......................

Glad to hear your sides are better with 0.25mg dose! How much better are they? What do you notice in terms of the difference between 1mg and how you felt before taking it at all?
    Chris, I know it can be extremely tough, coping with side and waiting for them to go away. And maybe its not my place to comment here, since I haven't had any (yet), but just as a friendly suggestion, why don't you take some time off worrying. Hanging around these threads listening to people talk about them isn't going to make things better, its definitely not going to make side go away. I know someone who recovered in about 3 months time, and he said it was very gradual road to recovery.
    Anyways, its up to you man, you know whats best.

I quit for 6 months after being on it for 5 years.
    I had no difference except my hair started to thin.

Don't worry about it.
    It's mostly in guys heads.

Quote Originally Posted by bob13 View Post
    I
    Don't worry about it.
    It's mostly in guys heads.
    Speak for yourself. Not everyone is the same.

Khan: I don't think I'm around these threads enough for them to manifest in my sexual life, but I appreciate the advice. I was hanging around this forum for awhile before my side effects kicked in.

I know the drug itself made a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by khan View Post
    Chris, I know it can be extremely tough, coping with side and waiting for them to go away. And maybe its not my place to comment here, since I haven't had any (yet), but just as a friendly suggestion, why don't you take some time off worrying. Hanging around these threads listening to people talk about them isn't going to make things better, its definitely not going to make side go away. I know someone who recovered in about 3 months time, and he said it was very gradual road to recovery.
    Anyways, its up to you man, you know whats best.
    Great advice khan. I think I'm gonna do just that. If a bunch of people tell you that you WILL have sides the chances are you will. I noticed after reading on here that the day I started Fin I was convinced I could'nt get a hard on lol Guess what. I had difficulty getting an erection that night. What are the chances of sides on day 1?? I would say slim to none.

I don't mean to be rude but some of you are pretty clueless.

Consider the following:
    • almost total lack of penis sensitivity
    • pitiful amount of semen
    • interest in sex virtually NONE to the extent that even masturbating is a chore

It's not just an issue of not popping a boner one day.

I experienced the above side effects 2-3 months after taking finasteride. I stopped taking it 3 weeks ago and I'm slowly but surely getting back to normal. If, as some of you suggest, the side effects were purely psychological then this presents the question as to why a psychological issue about taking a drug would take weeks to resolve. It strongly suggests that the drug has a has a very real impact on the body's hormonal system to the extent that the drug manifests physical side effects.

I can only conclude that some of you are willingly sticking your head in the sand. Fine, but if you're one of the men susceptible to side effects you will suffer them regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Title pretty much sums up this topic. I always do a lot of research before posting a question, but I'd like some more feedback on this if possible.

Are there any guys who have experienced side effects on the recommended dosage of finasteride (1mg-1.25mg), and then successfully eliminated them with a lower dose?

If so:

1) What was your new dose?
    2) What did you notice in terms of your hair?
    3) Did the side effects go away completely? Or is it a compromise?

My story:

Started taking finasteride in November.
    Side effects hit me in February: fewer erections, less volume and thinner consistency of semen, lower libido/interest in sex.
    Stopped taking finasteride this week and waiting for my libido to return before considering my options. I am still applying minoxidil and using Nizoral shampoo, as I assume they aren't responsible for the sides.

Thanks

P.S. I don't really want a debate on whether finasteride causes side effects or not! I've heard both sides of the argument and I'm simply interested in a solution to my situation
    hi Chrisis,

I'm new to this forum, have you since noticed any side effects subsiding?

Thanks!

chrisis; found a post that might be of some interest to you.

Quote Originally Posted by samjone36 View Post
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15913872

Use the link above and see for yourself. Claritan (Loratadine) has been clinically determined to solve erectile dysfunction in men. I suffered from sexual dysfunction for many years after discontinuing propecia and stumbled upon this by accident. I tried Claritan for an allergy and the next day I noticed that I had regained full erectile function. Try it please and never give up hope.

Quote Originally Posted by rjg1 View Post
    hi Chrisis,

I'm new to this forum, have you since noticed any side effects subsiding?

Thanks!
    Yeah very slowly! I still have less sensitivity and take longer to... you know.

There's not a single doubt in my head that it's 100% down to finasteride.

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    chrisis; found a post that might be of some interest to you.
    Thanks clandestine. I'm just giving it time and hoping it'll all go back to normal. I'm about 80% function maybe. I try not to obsess on it, because that probably won't help. I can't forget about it though. The symptoms are as obvious to me as asking an amputee to forget he has a missing leg. I've no doubt given my experience that finasteride is a dangerous drug and one day I'll be vindicated. There's no way to know if you'll be in the % affected, so roll the dice: you feeling lucky punk?

I took Finasteride 1mg for 10 years, I wanted to write my experience.

I'm also suffering from ED, loss of libido, lack of sex drive. Never had a problem that i noticed before, only noticed a year back it was slowly becoming a problem.

What I want to add is: Please go see a doctor, urologist, what ever it is, and do all the blood work for everything including thyroid function (there is a list of exams you can google), prostate ultrasound, urine exams, everything that can be done to see the root of the problem. Then come here and report your findings.

In my case, I took Finasteride and after 10 years I had problems, googled and assumed it's finasteride, but I'm going to do the exams to confirm that theory. And then come here and report.

I believe that Finasteride aggravates and/or generates problems that will cause the sexual dysfunction and these needs to be addressed.

I believe I have prostatitis (don't know how i acquired that). I'm going to do an ultrasound and will let you all know. This might have an effect on my ED, on top of finasteride.

My free T was also low, this as well has something to do.

So, in conclusion, It's not only Finasteride, it can be many other factors.

I made the account only to share this.

I startet losing hair very quick so i started to take finasteride 1.25 mg each day. My Doctor told me that sexual sides are often only in the head. But i took it over two months with no sides an i didnt give it another thought. So when i started to get less hard erections, it was definitely caused by Fin.

So i lowered the dose to 0.6 and within 1 week i got all my "strenght" back
    I guess i came back so fast because i have been taking it for only 3 month before reducing the dose.

I am aware that on the DHT scale, 0.6 ist reducing DHT almost as much as 1mg. Therefore sides should be the same, since the sides are caused by lowering DHT right?

But nevertheless i wanted to share that in my case reducing the dose made all my sides go away

Unfortunately i think my hair loss isnt much better yet. Since reducing the dose i started Minoxidil too out of despair But i only startet in january, i guess i have to hang in there