Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisis
    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by DepressedByHairLoss
    Yourself and lots of other guys I see on here caught hair loss very very early on and I wish to God that I did too.
    Oh believe me I feel the same. My photos probably make mine look a lot better than it is in reality. It just kinda creeps on you.

Originally posted by Maradona
    hey bro i would recommend 4rx.com and unitepharmacies, i ordered finpecia from them and well I got the sides lol, so it must be legit.
    Haha, it's quite something when you know something's real because it breaks your dick. I'll give 4rx I try I think, at 0.25mg. It's been the biggest relief my side effects going away I think it'll be ok to give it a try again on that basis.

Comment

• khan
      • Aug 2011

I have been posting on this thread for so long without even reading the topic.

Anyways, I use 0.5mg everydays except for 1mg only on Mondays (for almost a year now). But I never tried the full dose so can't comment on that. I am basically a grad student that lives of a stipend and TA/RA money, so the saved money by using 0.5mg is good for me. Its $54 here in Canada for 30pills.

I think its a strong possibility of lesser sides from lower does. A lot people will argue that it lowers the same amount of DHT, but maybe its not the DHT that causes the sides, perhaps its some other path, that can be significantly lessened by using a lower dose. Anyways I am not an expert so I will stop here. But its worth a try, 0.25mg would be a substancial reduction from the fill dose. Its 1/4 the chemical.

Comment

• Maradona
        • Nov 2011

Originally posted by khan
        I have been posting on this thread for so long without even reading the topic.

Anyways, I use 0.5mg everydays except for 1mg only on Mondays (for almost a year now). But I never tried the full dose so can't comment on that. I am basically a grad student that lives of a stipend and TA/RA money, so the saved money by using 0.5mg is good for me. Its $54 here in Canada for 30pills.

I think its a strong possibility of lesser sides from lower does. A lot people will argue that it lowers the same amount of DHT, but maybe its not the DHT that causes the sides, perhaps its some other path, that can be significantly lessened by using a lower dose. Anyways I am not an expert so I will stop here. But its worth a try, 0.25mg would be a substancial reduction from the fill dose. Its 1/4 the chemical.
        hey bro and how are the results on .5mg? u stopped the hairloss? shedding?

any sides?

got morning wood?

I'll go for .5mg everyday depending on replicel results.

Comment

• khan
          • Aug 2011

hey bro and how are the results on .5mg? u stopped the hairloss? shedding?

any sides?

got morning wood?

I'll go for .5mg everyday depending on replicel results.
          Hey Maradona,

I am fine in that Dept., it was never an issue, (thankfully), and I really hope it stays that way. The only side I've had is the occasional mild nut ache, which cleared away after 2months.

My hair are definitely better than they were an year ago. I also shed less hair, but I can't be certain at this point if I have stopped the loss. Only time will tell. So I would be cautious of saying anything beyond, its made my hair much better.

Comment

• khan
            • Aug 2011

I forgot to mention the shed. It lasted for about 1.5months. At night when I would put minox there would be 200+ hair in the sink. I once almost cried seeing all those hair. Before Fin, I would see about 70-100. Now I see around 30-50.
            But I still can't say I have halted the hairloss. That I'll only know with time.

Comment

• DepressedByHairLoss
              • Feb 2011

hey depressedbyhairloss im thinking on getting on fin again at a lower dose.
              Can I ask if you had mental side effects?
              At what norwood did you realize you were losing your hair?

I firmly believe replicel will work on follicles that are still alive even if minituarized so I think you're doing good man, wish I had a regimen to stop/slow my hairloss
              Hey Maradona, I'm not sure what Norwood I was or even what Norwood I am now. I've never had any mental side effects while taking Propecia but I've had a distinct couple of physical/bodily side effects.
              BTW, is that you in the photo? I'd give my left nut for that head of hair and it doesn't look like you have any hair loss whatsoever. No one would notice it at all.
              Anyway, it probably won't hurt you to get on fin on a lesser dose, but if that's you in the photo, I don't think you need to worry about your hair at all bro.

Comment

• Maradona
                • Nov 2011

Originally posted by DepressedByHairLoss
                Hey Maradona, I'm not sure what Norwood I was or even what Norwood I am now. I've never had any mental side effects while taking Propecia but I've had a distinct couple of physical/bodily side effects.
                BTW, is that you in the photo? I'd give my left nut for that head of hair and it doesn't look like you have any hair loss whatsoever. No one would notice it at all.
                Anyway, it probably won't hurt you to get on fin on a lesser dose, but if that's you in the photo, I don't think you need to worry about your hair at all bro.
                haha thats not me man. It's a football player who had a lot of hair, well still does.

yeah i might try .5mg of propecia but im scared of permanent mental sides... I feel like it could be one of the biggest mistakes I could make, certainly not the biggest though .

I'll see what replicel has to say then I'll make a decision, thanks for your reply

Comment

• Losing_It
                  • Jun 2011

I have been on fin since May of 2011. I first noticed hairloss in 2010, well I knew something was up, but it did'nt hit me until the beginning of 2011. The first month I definetly had brain fog which went away after the second or third month. In January of this year I started to get less morning erections, so I lowered my dose to .5mg first every second day and now every morning. Well I now got my morning erections back, although I hope that half the dose will be as effective as 1mg.

I will see how it goes and report back. By the way I am 32 in 3 months and I suppose my hairloss is not that bad. I think I caught it early and hope to manage it going forward.

Comment

• chrisis
                    • Feb 2012

Good to hear you resolved your issue Losing_it. Hoping I can do the same, but I'm still scared to touch finasteride if I'm honest. I don't think I'm 100% back to normal, and it's been around a month since I stopped

I do wonder if those who consistently stick their heads in the sands about the side effects of finasteride are reading these posts that keep coming up. It's like they have selective bias and stick their fingers in their ears - la la la I can't hear you!!!

Comment

• khan
                      • Aug 2011

^Chris, people that have sides are much more likely to come to forums and report them. Just think of how many people that take this drug and the number of people that come to these forums with complaints.
                      So you are right, there is a bias.

Comment

• Maradona
                        • Nov 2011

Originally posted by chrisis
                        Good to hear you resolved your issue Losing_it. Hoping I can do the same, but I'm still scared to touch finasteride if I'm honest. I don't think I'm 100% back to normal, and it's been around a month since I stopped

I do wonder if those who consistently stick their heads in the sands about the side effects of finasteride are reading these posts that keep coming up. It's like they have selective bias and stick their fingers in their ears - la la la I can't hear you!!!
                        Hello chris i think i know why you have side effects.

You said your hair loss was very slow right? it could be because even though your follicles were sensitive to DHT, you had a low DHT all this time since yours 20 and thats why you still have lots of hair now.

So your body has to work with that low DHT and finasteride took it away...you know? so thats why you had side effects.

Imo, it could take you up to a year to get back your normal self.

When I took fin and got sides i recovered quickly because I have very very high DHT.

just a thought bro, just wait and don't stress out.

Comment

• NotBelievingIt
                          • Oct 2011

If you had very high DHT and had sides, I'm curious what the rest of your figures were for things like free test, estradiol and SHBG.

Comment

• chrisis
                            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by khan
                            ^Chris, people that have sides are much more likely to come to forums and report them. Just think of how many people that take this drug and the number of people that come to these forums with complaints.
                            So you are right, there is a bias.
                            Wasn't the case with me. My sides came after I joined the forum. I know people offline who have sides and haven't posted to any forums about it. I rarely see people creating posts complaining just about sides, normally it's just a remark. People come to this forum for answers about their hair loss, not to specifically complain about finasteride. Also any bias is more than offset by the fact that many men won't mention it at all because they're either embarrassed or have learned to deal with it or compromise.

just a thought bro, just wait and don't stress out.
                            Thanks mate. Sounds like a plausible theory

Comment

• rjg1
                              • Apr 2012

Originally posted by chrisis
                              Title pretty much sums up this topic. I always do a lot of research before posting a question, but I'd like some more feedback on this if possible.

Are there any guys who have experienced side effects on the recommended dosage of finasteride (1mg-1.25mg), and then successfully eliminated them with a lower dose?

If so:

1) What was your new dose?
                              2) What did you notice in terms of your hair?
                              3) Did the side effects go away completely? Or is it a compromise?

My story:

Started taking finasteride in November.
                              Side effects hit me in February: fewer erections, less volume and thinner consistency of semen, lower libido/interest in sex.
                              Stopped taking finasteride this week and waiting for my libido to return before considering my options. I am still applying minoxidil and using Nizoral shampoo, as I assume they aren't responsible for the sides.

Thanks

P.S. I don't really want a debate on whether finasteride causes side effects or not! I've heard both sides of the argument and I'm simply interested in a solution to my situation
                              hi Chrisis,

I'm new to this forum, have you since noticed any side effects subsiding?

Thanks!

Comment

• clandestine
                                • Aug 2011

chrisis; found a post that might be of some interest to you.

Originally posted by samjone36
                                http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15913872

Use the link above and see for yourself. Claritan (Loratadine) has been clinically determined to solve erectile dysfunction in men. I suffered from sexual dysfunction for many years after discontinuing propecia and stumbled upon this by accident. I tried Claritan for an allergy and the next day I noticed that I had regained full erectile function. Try it please and never give up hope.

Comment

Working...