+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by luiza View Post
    http://mobile.cosmeticsdesign-asia.c...-says-Shiseido

Replicel posted this on their FB page. So Shiseido is stating a full cure (maintenance and regrowth). However Replicel replied one of my emails saying they are not expecting much in terms of regrowth.
    Maybe Shiseido has something else on hands??
    Luiza Could you publish the response by replicel ?.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by dutchguyhanging View Post
    guys, they said on their fb page that they found the cure. When you read their claims it is more than halting hair loss. I dont think company on this scale will make false claims. We just need to wait phase II results. We should lock replicel topic until then. Right now all we need is photos....
    Let's just lock this thread for 2 years then?

how is replicel for maintenance if it puts in new dsc cells that are androgen resistance or am I missing something? or do they just replace your existing dsc cells from your own follicels and make them resistant to androgens??? someone please explain

@joel203, they explained it recently:

RepliCel’s belief is that injections of RCH-01 replaces the androgen-sensitive DSC cells (responsible for maintaining the cell populations linked to hair fibre growth) with androgen-insensitive DSC cells. In each follicle that this is accomplished we believe the result will be permanent and result in hair growth in that follicle. What is required to halt the progression of the disease is the conversion of each susceptible follicle with androgen insensitive cells. We believe hair regrowth and halting disease progression are both ultimately achievable with our product.

May I ask whether there's any difference between shisheido's and replicel's future treatment? Some say shisheido stated to have a full cure, whereas Replicel isn't really optimistic about regrowth?

Quote Originally Posted by baldingdawg View Post
    May I ask whether there's any difference between shisheido's and replicel's future treatment? Some say shisheido stated to have a full cure, whereas Replicel isn't really optimistic about regrowth?
    Although I am as desperate for a cure as anyone else on this forum - I'm not even sure Shiseido has actually stated that they'll have a cure in 2018. The article that everyone quotes: (http://en.rocketnews24.com/2015/07/0...arket-by-2018/) doesn't actually have any direct quotations from Shiseido. It's written by two people that collectively refer to themselves as Master Blaster and, for all we know, Master Blaster heard that Shiseido was going to be starting hair loss trials later on this year, could potentially bring the treatment to market in 2018 - and decided to hail this as a cure.

Does anyone have a direct quotation from Shiseido saying that they'll have a cure in 2018? To my knowledge, Shiseido didn't even react to this article.

If a cure comes out in Japan in 2018, make no mistake about it - I'll be flying there (however many times it takes) and will pay (whatever the price) for however many injections are necessary to give me back a full head of hair. Hair loss f.cking sucks...

I would love to believe that Replicel is going to be the cure - but honestly - I think that's a huge stretch based on their Phase 1 data:

http://replicel.com/wp-content/uploa...s-Nov-2012.pdf

The average increase in density at injected sites was 6.1%. So in a given area - if a normal density is say - 200 hairs - and you have 100 hairs - then replicel is giving you 6 more hairs. That's pretty underwhelming. And I know Phase 1 was for safety and they'll be increasing the dose and number of injections in Phase 2 - and they also may have improved their technology in the intervening years - but it's hard to believe that's going to be enough for the cure... I mean - 3 of 16 individuals lost hair with Replicel - so if increasing the dose is going to amplify results - does that mean these 3 people will just get worse??

I'm fairly certain Replicel knows they're not the cure. After the article from Master Blaster, they went out of their way to effectively say - "yeah - um - we're not guaranteeing any of this... in theory it's definitely possible, but...". Right now all Replicel is claiming is that they are optimistic that their current treatment will be an effective form of maintenance - but even that claim - aside from it theoretically making sense - has NO human (? any) data to back it up.

With regards to differences between Replicel's current treatment and the treatment that Shiseido plans to offer in 2018 - again - I don't think anyone actually knows for certain.

As everyone knows, Replicel released two videos in May that featured Shiseido discussing hair loss research. The first video discussed Replicel's RCH-01 technology. At the end of the first video, they explicitly state that the second video relates to ongoing research involving iPS cells for hair regeneration - which is SEPARATE from Replicel's technology.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKRwlNuDMU0

The second video features Takashi Tsuji discussing his research, followed by Manabu Ohyama talking about iPS cells. It appears that Ohyama works with Shiseido, but I think Tsuji still works at Tokyo University.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p0Hvrx093I

Neither Tsuji's work nor Ohyama's work is ready for human trials. So it's hard to believe that Shiseido will be able to incorporate their technology into a product that will be ready for 2018.

Could we have a cure by 2020? Anything is possible - the JAK inhibitors for alopecia areata seemingly came out of nowhere and changed the game.

Could the same happen for us? Maybe - let's f.cking hope so...

@xyz123: If that information about cure from Shiseido was false and just based on misunderstanding, Replicel wouldn't spread it on facebook and twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Arieux View Post
    @xyz123: If that information about cure from Shiseido was false and just based on misunderstanding, Replicel wouldn't spread it on facebook and twitter.
    That's why they corrected the report on their own facebook page.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz123 View Post
    Although I am as desperate for a cure as anyone else on this forum - I'm not even sure Shiseido has actually stated that they'll have a cure in 2018. The article that everyone quotes: (http://en.rocketnews24.com/2015/07/0...arket-by-2018/) doesn't actually have any direct quotations from Shiseido. It's written by two people that collectively refer to themselves as Master Blaster and, for all we know, Master Blaster heard that Shiseido was going to be starting hair loss trials later on this year, could potentially bring the treatment to market in 2018 - and decided to hail this as a cure.

Does anyone have a direct quotation from Shiseido saying that they'll have a cure in 2018? To my knowledge, Shiseido didn't even react to this article.

If a cure comes out in Japan in 2018, make no mistake about it - I'll be flying there (however many times it takes) and will pay (whatever the price) for however many injections are necessary to give me back a full head of hair. Hair loss f.cking sucks...

I would love to believe that Replicel is going to be the cure - but honestly - I think that's a huge stretch based on their Phase 1 data:

http://replicel.com/wp-content/uploa...s-Nov-2012.pdf

The average increase in density at injected sites was 6.1%. So in a given area - if a normal density is say - 200 hairs - and you have 100 hairs - then replicel is giving you 6 more hairs. That's pretty underwhelming. And I know Phase 1 was for safety and they'll be increasing the dose and number of injections in Phase 2 - and they also may have improved their technology in the intervening years - but it's hard to believe that's going to be enough for the cure... I mean - 3 of 16 individuals lost hair with Replicel - so if increasing the dose is going to amplify results - does that mean these 3 people will just get worse??

I'm fairly certain Replicel knows they're not the cure. After the article from Master Blaster, they went out of their way to effectively say - "yeah - um - we're not guaranteeing any of this... in theory it's definitely possible, but...". Right now all Replicel is claiming is that they are optimistic that their current treatment will be an effective form of maintenance - but even that claim - aside from it theoretically making sense - has NO human (? any) data to back it up.

With regards to differences between Replicel's current treatment and the treatment that Shiseido plans to offer in 2018 - again - I don't think anyone actually knows for certain.

As everyone knows, Replicel released two videos in May that featured Shiseido discussing hair loss research. The first video discussed Replicel's RCH-01 technology. At the end of the first video, they explicitly state that the second video relates to ongoing research involving iPS cells for hair regeneration - which is SEPARATE from Replicel's technology.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKRwlNuDMU0

The second video features Takashi Tsuji discussing his research, followed by Manabu Ohyama talking about iPS cells. It appears that Ohyama works with Shiseido, but I think Tsuji still works at Tokyo University.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p0Hvrx093I

Neither Tsuji's work nor Ohyama's work is ready for human trials. So it's hard to believe that Shiseido will be able to incorporate their technology into a product that will be ready for 2018.

Could we have a cure by 2020? Anything is possible - the JAK inhibitors for alopecia areata seemingly came out of nowhere and changed the game.

Could the same happen for us? Maybe - let's f.cking hope so...
    Thanks for your effort and nice post , But do you really think if the normal density is 200 and we have 100 hairs , 6 more hairs in that area would help a lot? I don't think its too much .

I agree with xyz123, I'm not excited about replicel simply because of the results from phase 1. A true cure would give everyone the same results and replicel won't. If you look at the work done by dr. Lauster & dr. Christiano only the final step is left to provide a full solution. As Desmond said dr Lauster's team is 1 or 2 years for them to solve it. Who knows we can get news tomorrow that says they solved it.