What Norwood stage am I at? Decided to start Finasteride - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    Vast majority of men with an already healthy HPTA can nuke DHT from their body and be fine. Unless you have some underlying hormone related health issues, taking fin will be a great choice for you.
    Thanks for the reply, what do you think regarding taking 1mg every other day, would this be effective, and would it lessen the risk of sides?

Quote Originally Posted by markusbdc View Post
    Crown looks really good.. slight temoporal receding but your almost 40...-i don't think you will ever go bald : treatment or no - i wouldn't risk your sexual function on finasteride- if you are all that concerned use some minoxidil wash with purador shampoo alternating with nizoral shampoo- I really wish I had your hair.......
    Thanks for the reply, I've really got a dilemma if to start with Finasteride (hair loss v risk of sides), I know I'm lucky compared to a lot of people, but the thought of the hair loss increasing and going bald is my worst nightmare.

Regards your comment about my crown looking good, are you sure? It looks like it's starting to thin?

Quote Originally Posted by bobbysnuts View Post
    Thanks for the reply, I've really got a dilemma if to start with Finasteride (hair loss v risk of sides), I know I'm lucky compared to a lot of people, but the thought of the hair loss increasing and going bald is my worst nightmare.

Regards your comment about my crown looking good, are you sure? It looks like it's starting to thin?
    Only 2-5% get sides. I went two years thinking about my hairloss EVERY DAY without starting finasteride or booking a transplant. Finally did both and am so much happier. Been on fin for about 4 months no issues.

I think that is a good place to start man. You're better off starting on a lower dose sooner than on waiting until your hair gets worse and jumping to the full dose. That is what happened with me and I regret it. I was hellbent on not taking fin due to fear of sides, but once my hairloss got worse I didn't care at all about the risk of sides and jumped on it. You mentioned the thought of losing more was a 'nightmare' and this to me is an indicator that you would regret not getting on it now if your hair eventually got worse.

Hey everyone I have never joined a forum before so forgive me if I make mistakes! Have been really distressed over my changing hair and started noticing it's getting finer hair at front and now the crown. Didn't see my crown until in a security camera in a shop a couple of years ago! Was a right shock. No one else in my family is loosing their hair, so not sure why I was picked! Have done loads of reading online (and came across this website) I am 39 and based in U.K. Have found a reputable pharmacy online (I won't mention as seems against forum rules?) it's £15 a month for generic finasteride. So I started four days ago already worrying about side effects but I really need to do something! As it's becoming an obsession. Anyway I was wondering if people had good results and also have I left it too late? My crown is covered (but can see scalp) and when wet it's really noticeable how thin I am up front. Will try and attach some pictures it's tricky doing this yourself though.

One weird thing is I never noticed I was loosing hair, never had any hairs on pillow or in shower. I am very anxious I may start shedding and loose a lot of hair and look even worse!

Does shedding always happen? Anyone similar too me as well? If someone can tell me how to post pics as I can't work it out... maybe as I am posting from my phone?
    Last edited by Tardisdweller; 03-31-2017 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Forgot information

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    I think that is a good place to start man. You're better off starting on a lower dose sooner than on waiting until your hair gets worse and jumping to the full dose. That is what happened with me and I regret it. I was hellbent on not taking fin due to fear of sides, but once my hairloss got worse I didn't care at all about the risk of sides and jumped on it. You mentioned the thought of losing more was a 'nightmare' and this to me is an indicator that you would regret not getting on it now if your hair eventually got worse.
    Thanks for the advice, I think I'm going to start off with 1mg every other day and see how things progress.

Have you had any sides?

Do you use Minoxidil at all?

Is there anyway to know prior to taking Fin if you are more susceptible to getting the sides, or is there a way to spot the sides early on?

Quote Originally Posted by bobbysnuts View Post
    Thanks for the advice, I think I'm going to start off with 1mg every other day and see how things progress.

Have you had any sides?

Do you use Minoxidil at all?

Is there anyway to know prior to taking Fin if you are more susceptible to getting the sides, or is there a way to spot the sides early on?
    Don't you think that MAYBE you should get the advice of a Physician? Don't your need a prescription for this?