Dermarolling Community Trial

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • saintsfan92344
    • Nov 2013

I just did my 3rd roll last night, rolled a little harder and drew more blood, used minox right after instead of 24 hrs later like I normally do and did not seem to have any extra minox effects. I roll 1x a week minox 1x per day, nizoral 2-3x week, multi vitamins, 5000mg msm and biotin, castor oil 2-3 times a week and onion juice 1-2x week(too smelly to do more but my scalp feels good after).
    Cant say after 3 rolls there is anything for sure happening yet but my hair does seem to be growing faster but that could be vitamins also. going to start adding b12 to my minox.
    It seems like quite a few people on other forums are having some results with this, I do think its the ones that roll the hardest and draw blood so the way I look at it is if I am in I am in and going to roll even harder next time, it is wounding that is supposed to be a huge factor after all, we might as well do some wounding

Comment

• chimera
      • Aug 2012

faster hair growth is a classic effect of msm...

Comment

• FearTheLoss
        • Dec 2012

Guys who have been seeing good results need to start a log on here with before and after photos instead of everything just getting lost in this thread

Comment

• DifferentLine
          • Feb 2013

Just had my first sesh, didn't think it was that bad. Maybe I didn't roll hard enough? I didn't press down hard enough to bleed. I can definitely feel the irritation now though, its itchy.

Should my scalp be really sore after?

Comment

• saintsfan92344
            • Nov 2013

4th roll

pics of my bloody head for comparison just buzzed to a 1mm
            Attached Files

Comment

• oscar32
              Inactive
              • Nov 2013

Originally posted by DifferentLine
              Just had my first sesh, didn't think it was that bad. Maybe I didn't roll hard enough? I didn't press down hard enough to bleed. I can definitely feel the irritation now though, its itchy.

Should my scalp be really sore after?
              Mine was sore.

Comment

• Thinning87
                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
                Guys who have been seeing good results need to start a log on here with before and after photos instead of everything just getting lost in this thread
                We already had a log thread that was results only. No one has been posting in it lately

Comment

• hellouser
                  • May 2012

Originally posted by Thinning87
                  We already had a log thread that was results only. No one has been posting in it lately
                  There are a few active threads with results on the Hair Loss Talk forums.

Comment

• KeepHoping
                    • Dec 2010

Before and After

Started around 4 months ago, was rolling once a week for 10 weeks then stopped but continued on minox, will probably resume rolling once every two weeks. I feel like there has been some improvement but nothing to jump out of your chair for, I will continue and see if I have further improvement. Things to note, I am on fin 1.25 daily and started taking MSM which I'm not convinced does anything but maybe make the quality of your hair a bit better. Kept the room and the lighting as consistent as possible, sorry for the weird crop job but he images are pretty good quality taken from an 8.1 megapixel digital camera (best I have)... Thats about it, good luck everyone.

After picture is on the left.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• StayThick
                      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by KeepHoping
                      Started around 4 months ago, was rolling once a week for 10 weeks then stopped but continued on minox, will probably resume rolling once every two weeks. I feel like there has been some improvement but nothing to jump out of your chair for, I will continue and see if I have further improvement. Things to note, I am on fin 1.25 daily and started taking MSM which I'm not convinced does anything but maybe make the quality of your hair a bit better. Kept the room and the lighting as consistent as possible, sorry for the weird crop job but he images are pretty good quality taken from an 8.1 megapixel digital camera (best I have)... Thats about it, good luck everyone.

Thanks for the comparison. I do see some improvement and on par with what we can except at best with this treatment. Keep it up man, hopefully you can gain even more coverage in time. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• hellouser
                        • May 2012

I do see improvement as well. Nice. Now to get all of that filled in completely....

Comment

• KeepHoping
                          • Dec 2010

Sadly, I don't think it's gonna fill in my temples... I want to get my frontal third densely packed with Rahal or something but I just don't have the money to do so, if I did though I'd probably opt to do that and just stick to treatments for a while, I think that would work fine for me. Sucks that it's so expensive.

I'll do another comparison pic in a while, maybe late december or sometime in january after I get a haircut just to see if there is further improvement.

Comment

• hellouser
                            • May 2012

Sadly, I don't think it's gonna fill in my temples... I want to get my frontal third densely packed with Rahal or something but I just don't have the money to do so, if I did though I'd probably opt to do that and just stick to treatments for a while, I think that would work fine for me. Sucks that it's so expensive.

I'll do another comparison pic in a while, maybe late december or sometime in january after I get a haircut just to see if there is further improvement.
                            I'm in the same shitty spot as you. My temples and hairline has been decimated and the hairs at the very edge of my hairline are quite thin, not a lot of density either. My hairstylists did mention she saw a LOT of velus hairs in my temples but I doubt anything will happen to them. Density wise I seem to be 'OK' up top but if I could get about 1,600 - 1,800 grafts on my hairline and temples I'd be really happy.

I'm tempted to try out Finasteride and see what it can do to the temples... either that or Dutasteride but I know both are dangerous. I'm getting desperate.

Comment

• Conpecia
                              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by hellouser
                              I'm tempted to try out Finasteride and see what it can do to the temples... either that or Dutasteride but I know both are dangerous. I'm getting desperate.
                              i was in the same boat and it dawned on me that the depression and anxiety i was feeling were, in my opinion, outweighing the risk of sides on AAs. i got on dutasteride in august at .5mg 3x a week and i think i'm starting to see some results. i've bumped the dutasteride up to eod the past couple weeks and have had ZERO side effects other than increased libido. strongly, strongly recommend that you give it a shot.

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
                                Doctor Representative
                                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by hellouser
                                I'm in the same shitty spot as you. My temples and hairline has been decimated and the hairs at the very edge of my hairline are quite thin, not a lot of density either. My hairstylists did mention she saw a LOT of velus hairs in my temples but I doubt anything will happen to them. Density wise I seem to be 'OK' up top but if I could get about 1,600 - 1,800 grafts on my hairline and temples I'd be really happy.

We had a patient in yesterday who has many high Norwoods on both his mother and father's side. He has great hair at 40. In fact it's pretty amazing. Most likely due to genetic good fortune. He did have 4,000 FUE grafts over the last ten years, but that would be like a few drops in the bucket if he were headed for a Norwood 6. It certainly doesn't hurt to try safe treatments. He told me, he alternates shampoos. He uses Hair Cycle shampoo for a week, switches to Nioxin for a week and uses Nizoral one morning, then repeats the cycle. He told me he mixes Minoxidil with Propecia and Avodart and applies it topically. I asked Dr. Cole about that and he thinks there may not be enough absorption through the skin for that to be effective. Just thought I would pass that along. Perhaps, he just lucked out and inherited the good hair of a distant relative.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
                                forhair.com
                                Cole Hair Transplant
                                1045 Powers Place
                                Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
                                Phone 678-566-1011
                                email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
                                I am not a doctor and the content of my posts are my opinions, not medical advice.
                                Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Comment

Working...