Dermarolling Community Trial

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TO YOUNG TO RETIRE
    • Mar 2013

it protects it cause minox hidroxilase inhibition is adding up...

also everynight put some pure ascorbic acid serum 20%
    Originally posted by gainspotter
    Agreed. Guess some of us are doubly unlucky.
    I will say though since starting retin a micro cream after the bad effects minox had on my skin, I don't think my face has ever looked so good in my 20s.
    May start back on the minox if the cream still protects my skin.

Comment

• Conpecia
      • Sep 2011

yeah i'm starting to see some of the bad effects from minox on my face. eyes look a little wearier, smile lines forming. jesus it's insane what we'll do to keep hair.

Comment

• Dan26
        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by gainspotter
        Agreed. Guess some of us are doubly unlucky.
        I will say though since starting retin a micro cream after the bad effects minox had on my skin, I don't think my face has ever looked so good in my 20s.
        May start back on the minox if the cream still protects my skin.
        I started using retin a micro gel right when i started minox as preventative measure, it's a smart idea man.

Its one of those things that you will only notice overtime ie years down the road youll say 'hey my skin is still the same or better'...atleast thats what ice seen from testimonials online..i guess the retin a postive effects are similar to the minox negative effects in that they slowly creep up on you lol

Comment

• Conpecia
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Dan26
          I started using retin a micro gel right when i started minox as preventative measure, it's a smart idea man.

Its one of those things that you will only notice overtime ie years down the road youll say 'hey my skin is still the same or better'...atleast thats what ice seen from testimonials online..i guess the retin a postive effects are similar to the minox negative effects in that they slowly creep up on you lol
          this is a good call, i think i'm gonna get some of this right now...

Comment

• hellouser
            • May 2012

Howcome none of you guys are using your dermaroller on wrinkled areas?? You've already got dermarollers....

Comment

• Dan26
              • Jul 2012

Originally posted by hellouser
              Howcome none of you guys are using your dermaroller on wrinkled areas?? You've already got dermarollers....
              im gonna start using a 0.5mm one...not 100% sure how to go about it

possibly mornings before i hop in the shower, then moisterize after...gotta look into it

Comment

• hellouser
                • May 2012

Originally posted by Dan26
                im gonna start using a 0.5mm one...not 100% sure how to go about it

possibly mornings before i hop in the shower, then moisterize after...gotta look into it
                I think a smaller dermaroller would be better... isn't the skin underneath the eyes supposed to be thinner, hence the dark circles which is formed by the blood? I'd be deathly afraid to dermaroll there... at least with a 1.5mm roller.

Comment

• Dan26
                  • Jul 2012

Originally posted by hellouser
                  I think a smaller dermaroller would be better... isn't the skin underneath the eyes supposed to be thinner, hence the dark circles which is formed by the blood? I'd be deathly afraid to dermaroll there... at least with a 1.5mm roller.
                  ya i woudl roll light around the eyes

basically just do forehead, laughing lines, and lightly under eyes with 0.5mm roller

Comment

• doinmyheadin
                    • Nov 2010

Do you guys know there are old threads from other hairloss forums doing derma rolling. I just came across one from 2009 on hairl0sst@lk where someone was using histogen reginica with a derma roller.

So 4 years later has anyone had any worthwhile results?

Comment

• gainspotter
                      • Aug 2013

I have a 0.5 roller that I'm gonna use for my face but the micro cream is alls I can tolerate lately as its been peeling my old skin off.
                      So far my face is looking massively better than when I was on minox.

Comment

• Conpecia
                        • Sep 2011

looks like we're burning out. no real results for me at about 14 weeks. vellus has basically frozen where it is. sigh.

Comment

• win200
                          • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Conpecia
                          looks like we're burning out. no real results for me at about 14 weeks. vellus has basically frozen where it is. sigh.
                          I never really anticipated that this would add much in terms of cosmetically significant coverage. I think what we'll see is some very mild strengthening of vellus hair. But the really value here could be that dermarolling simply lends some support to hairs that are in the vicinity of becoming terminal; i.e., it gives hair some additional vitality/nourishment/whatever.

Comment

• mrblazer
                            • Jun 2013

We know this maybe no cure but I think it's worth adding to your treatments. It doesn't cost much and its not much hassle. I have been rolling about 12 weeks now and I would say it has thickened my hair in certain places. Some guys on *** are still getting great results from rolling. keep it up

Comment

• win200
                              • Jul 2012

Originally posted by mrblazer
                              We know this maybe no cure but I think it's worth adding to your treatments. It doesn't cost much and its not much hassle. I have been rolling about 12 weeks now and I would say it has thickened my hair in certain places. Some guys on *** are still getting great results from rolling. keep it up
                              Totally agreed. The help may be minimal in some cases, but it's there. And I don't think I've heard a single account of someone claiming that rolling caused a shed or loss that didn't grow back. So this seems like a no-brainer.

Comment

• bigentries
                                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by win200
                                Totally agreed. The help may be minimal in some cases, but it's there. And I don't think I've heard a single account of someone claiming that rolling caused a shed or loss that didn't grow back. So this seems like a no-brainer.
                                But you are using minoxidil, a well proven treatment. It doesn't seem like dermarolling helps at all.
                                You can also do 20 situps as you apply because "there is no hassle" but it doesn't mean it works

And damage from dermarolling is well documented, most people in dermarolling forums only advice to doing it once a month

As for myself, this was week 13 and still nothing, one more week and I'm done, don't want to risk any damage from wounding or keep my hairline minox dependent

Comment

Working...