Quit Minoxidil

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VictimOfDHT
    • Apr 2011

I think when it comes to hair/hair loss science we're still in the stone age. I don't think it's because hair loss is such a complicated problem but rather because no one bothered to tackle the problem sooner. And even now, there's hardly a genuine effort to try and figure out this mystery. Someone needs to take another serious look at Minoxidil. An effective treatment might be right under our noses but the lack of interest on the part of researchers is preventing us from seeing it.

Comment

• DepressedByHairLoss
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by VictimOfDHT
      I think when it comes to hair/hair loss science we're still in the stone age. I don't think it's because hair loss is such a complicated problem but rather because no one bothered to tackle the problem sooner. And even now, there's hardly a genuine effort to try and figure out this mystery. Someone needs to take another serious look at Minoxidil. An effective treatment might be right under our noses but the lack of interest on the part of researchers is preventing us from seeing it.
      Amen to that, man. And I'm even beginning to think that a major therapy to regrow hair could be autologous so it therefore wouldn't need to go through rigorous clinical trials for FDA approval. And people say that minoxidil works to regrow hair (albeit very minimally) because it's a vasodilator. Well, what about a stronger vasodilator than minoxidil? I too really believe that this isn't as complex people are saying it is.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
        • Jan 2011

All hair that you regained from Finasteride or Rogaine, fall off 2-4 months after you stop using the products. The shed will never end, it'll continue until you're completely bald. Without it, your MPB will now continue on it's normal pace that it was in before you started Rogaine. Nobody told me this, I learned this the hard way.

Comment

• gutted
          • Jan 2011

What really sucks is that the hair you lose if you stop using Minoxidil will not grow back if you get back on minoxidil. I don't understand why. What the hell happens that causes the hair that was there with the use of minox not to grow back even though you start giving it the life-giving minoxidil once again.
          yeah, its baffling.
          I dont understand why you got to keep using it for life to enjoy the benefits.
          MPB is a progressive condition meaning damage probably occurs over time.
          If you regrew hair with minox...this implies all of those years worth of damage has been reversed!

Comment

• Pats
            • May 2012

Yeah, like many of you, I dont understand why quiting minoxidil or Finasteride causes hairs to fall out and then not regrow. I understand if these hairs were so weak that the drugs were life support for them, but I have shed countless thick, full hairs which I assume will grow back, if perhaps weaker than before. I feel there must be better solutions out there, likely unknown.

Comment

• gutted
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Pats
              Yeah, like many of you, I dont understand why quiting minoxidil or Finasteride causes hairs to fall out and then not regrow. I understand if these hairs were so weak that the drugs were life support for them, but I have shed countless thick, full hairs which I assume will grow back, if perhaps weaker than before. I feel there must be better solutions out there, likely unknown.

i think after stopping minox, the users who report a huge shed, regrow those hairs after a while, but because hair loss requires visual analysis, i think this is what makes hair loss tricky, and those users dont recognise the fact those hairs have returned, people only notice the hairs that fall out!

Comment

• mpb47
                • Apr 2012

Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting
                All hair that you regained from Finasteride or Rogaine, fall off 2-4 months after you stop using the products. The shed will never end, it'll continue until you're completely bald. Without it, your MPB will now continue on it's normal pace that it was in before you started Rogaine. Nobody told me this, I learned this the hard way.
                I have dropped both in the past. With FIN I lost tons of hair in my normal loss areas and thought I was done for. After about a year about 50-60% came back with minox. I have been on Minox only since then.

This past fall I dropped minox for about 3 months and not only lost tons of hair but saw new areas of mpb as well. 2 mpb fingers appeared- 1 at the lower left side of crown and another and at upper left side. Not sure what it means but weird looking.

Comment

• WarLord
                  • May 2012

Warlord, I think you need to go back and read AGAIN and you WILL see that I have used Minox 15%, yes, dr. Lee's -when he was in business- I was on it for 2 months or so but didn't feel it was any better than 5% and didn't see a justification for the higher price and that's why I dropped it, but at the same time it DIDN'T cause any shedding.

Read what I'm saying. It wasn't minox 15% that was causing the shedding. It was that specific garbage (Dualgen) that was. The ONLY explanation : SNAKE OIL. It contains ZERO% Minoxidil, let alone 15%. I have used 3 different products over the years (Rogaine, Kirkland, and for 2 months dr. Lee's 15%) and sometimes I switch between Rogaine and Kirkland and aside from the initial temporary shed, they all worked. I switch to these SOB's shit and my hair starts falling out like crazy and like NEVER before. I was shedding daily a minimum of 170 hairs even though I was using that shit. Like I said, I was on it for 3 months or so but my hair kept getting thinner and thinner.

"There are simply too many guys who experienced good results on it". I'm not sure what you're referring to by 'it'. If you mean Dualgen then I don't believe there are any, unless you want to believe the so-called "testimonials" by Dualgen. If you mean minox 15% by 'it' then it is possible that some people do experience better results.

I had HTs done but if you read my posts you'll see what area was done but I'll tell you again- the front quarter of the head. You'll also see that I was never bald to begin with. I had lots of hair in the hairline and temples -and behind that area my hair was 80% thick -but I just wanted to fill in the corners a little because I was too horrified of hair loss that I wasnt going to sit and watch it get worse before I did anything. Of course I continued to gradually lose more hair in the front and that's why I had more HTs. But even after 4 HTs I still had native hair left in the hairline and temples and I'm positive that's the hair I lost while I was on Dualgen. But I also lost probably 25% or more of my hair all over. The doctor says I was losing my transplanted hair or some of it but what about the rest of my head (the non-transplanted area) which was pretty thick before I got on that garbage (dualgen)?

"it is also possible that I didn't reveal everything" !! What the ****? What are you talking about ?? The only one here who doesn't make sense is you? Only 5 posts and you decide to write to defend Dualgen !!
                  I really think that you should think twice before you flood this forum by your frustrated excrements. If you had to stop minoxidil use for 14 days or so before every transplantation, that's enough time to cause serious problems. After 4 transplantations, I would suppose that you must have suffered serious loses. But you didn't tell us any details.

Look, I was looking for some info on DualGen and I have already found several embittered posts like yours. However, after some time it almost always turns out that their authors were confused nuts, who blatantly lied about basic facts. For example, recently I found a post in which its author complained that he lost tons of hair on DualGen and that it didn't work even after 5 months. However, an employee of ************, who was on the forum, showed that this nutcase ordered only 1 bottle and didn't use it for more than 2 weeks.

Therefore, I already learned to take all these experiences with a grain of salt. You should know best, where the problem is. According to the evidence you presented, I would look for an answer in the repeated transplantations that you went through.

Comment

• kanyon
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by WarLord
                    This is a factor that often comes on my mind, when people complain about the loss of efficiency. Look, I am a very disciplined person, but I myself started to be floppy with everyday's use after some seven, eight years. I really don't expect that the vast majority of users would be as consistent as me. Which suggests that much of the complaints can be ascribed to the "laziness" of minoxidil users. The very fact that you are not much sure, if you were consistent or not, is quite telling.

Luckily, I am both disciplined and sufficiently paranoid, so I quickly realized the foolishness of my praxis, and I again started to use it regularly, once every day. I have been using it since January 1997 and with the exception of a short, unhappy experiment with natural extrats (spring 1998), I have been keeping all the hair I had then (Norwood 2).

The most important thing that you should realize is that even if your hair loss now continued despite constant everyday's use, it doesn't mean that minoxidil "stopped working". It still slows down the process. If you now quit minoxidil, you can get bald within 6 months, because you would lose all the hair that minoxidil was keeping during the whole 9 years. You must either upgrade it (to a higher concentration) or - which I would strongly recommend - to start using finasteride (either alone or together with minoxidil).
                    I was so ecstatic with the results of Minox for so long that I didn't use it when I travelled for months at a time. I was so confident that it would always work even if I stopped now and then. I would be consistent with it again before I lost noticeable hair each time when i had lazy bouts.

Then I did actually lose a heap of hair and in an effort to get it back I have started using it twice a day everyday for about 18 months now. But that hair has not grown back and will not grow back.

I have very little hair left but when I suspected Minox wasn't going to help me anymore I got on Fin (about 14 months ago) and I seem to have kept what I had since starting it. I still use Minox twice a day, and although I think it's not doing anything and is a waste of time, I'm too scared to stop.

The reason I'm not positive the reason it all went to shit was my lazyness is because during the period when I noticed the massive hair loss, I had actually been using it consistently and had done so for about a year.

Comment

• WarLord
                      • May 2012

Originally posted by kanyon
                      I was so ecstatic with the results of Minox for so long that I didn't use it when I travelled for months at a time. I was so confident that it would always work even if I stopped now and then. I would be comsistent with it again before I lost noticeable hair each time when i had lazy bouts.

Then I did actually lose a heap of hair and in an effort to get it back I have started using it twice a day everyday for about 18 months now. But that hair has not grown back and will not grow back.

I have very little hair left but when I suspected Minox wasn't going to help me anymore I got on Fin (about 14 months ago) and I seem to have kept what I had since starting it. I still use Minox twice a day, and although I think it's not doing anything and is a waste of time, I'm too scared to stop.
                      Hair preserved on minoxidil can't be saved by finasteride. People, who used minoxidil first and later added finasteride had good results, but after they quitted minoxidil - disaster! Repeated frustrating experiences! Therefore, you should never stop using minoxidil, if you want to keep the hair you have!

Comment

• WarLord
                        • May 2012

Victim, I think that your case will be more complicated, as I expected. What's this?

08-02-2011
                        Slo, this is the nightmare I've been going through for the past 6 months. I too have been losing a lot of my transplanted hair. The thing is, I've had FOUR HTs, all in the frontal area over the past decade but continued to notice more thinning. The last HT was just over 1 1/2 years ago. Six months ago my hair started falling out like rain, which left the frontal area thinner than ever before. Went to see my doctor only to be shocked when he told me that I was one of the rare cases where the transplanted hair is lost with time. I was completely devastated and ever since my depression has shot through the roof. I am mad because we're always told that transplanted hair is permanent. No body cares to tell the truth that in some cases it ISNT permanent. Yes, those might be rare cases but doctors SHOULD tell us about that possibility. Had I known that, I wouldn't have gotten my last HT.

You have no idea how depressed and sad I am about this. Over $20,000+ interest spent on HTs and now I find out it maybe be for nothing. I am furious because I didn't sit around and pray for a miracle. No, I got out and spent my own god damn hard earned money that I took years to make to fix this ****ing curse but then god decides no, you're not gonna have your hair back. This is like a double curse. First my ****ing father gives me the baldness gene, then I find out that even my transplanted hair will fall out. How nice is that ?

And I thought you were losing your hair due to DualGen???

Several days ago you wrote that "It's been over a year since I switched back to Kirkland and to answer your question, no, I haven't got any of the lost hair back." This means that:

1/ You started to lose your hair in February.
                        2/ You switched to Kirkland approximately in March or April 2011
                        3/ This agrees with your claim that "I had found a product on ebay that claimed to have 15% Minox and after about 2 months on it I started noticing a lot of shedding like never before. I quickly got back on Rogaine and Kirkland minox and within 4 weeks the shedding came to a halt..."

So, it seems that the shedding due to DualGen and the shedding due to transplantations occured exactly in the same time? That's very interesting. I would almost say that on one thread you attribute your hair loss to DualGen, and another thread you attribute it to your transplantations.

Comment

• WarLord
                          • May 2012

Originally posted by hairlossrxsucks
                          Idiot, you need to think with your brain if it is not zero intelligence, not your ass. I don't hang around forums writting garbages. I come here once a while to look for good treatment. Unfortunately everytime I came here I saw you idiot whining dualgen has zero minoxidil.
                          I wouldn't like to make any premature statements, but I think that the mystery of Mr Victim's hair loss has been resolved. LOL

I wouldn't want to go through your unpleasant experiences, Victim, but despite your understandable frustration, you should be consistent and you shouldn't spread contradictory claims. You should consider that someone, who could benefit from DualGen, could be discouraged from it due to your confused posts.

Comment

• WarLord
                            • May 2012

Furthermore, I suspect that if you were more consistent in your treatment (without breaks lasting more weeks or even months - which is something unimaginable for me, even after 15,5 years on minoxidil), you could be spared of many future problems. It is really a shocking paradox that you value your hair so much, yet you can't be consistent in the therapy. For every break you will pay very dearly!

Comment

• mpb47
                              • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Pats
                              I sure hope you guys are wrong about that as it means I will close to 1 Norwood higher in the vertex. I think I am starting to get some back but it's those tiny miniaturized hairs. Lots of them in outer crown area. It will probably take 6 months or more to know if they are coming back to normal hair or if dht is putting them to sleep for good.

Comment

• WarLord
                                • May 2012

Victim of Hysteria - you are a bloody liar, mister!

Here, on 8th May 2012 you said that "It's been over a year since I switched back to Kirkland"

So, you switched to it in March or April? But how is it possible that here
                                Ok. So as some of you may know, I've been shedding hair like crazy since last Feb. In fact, I think I've lost 25-30% of my hair -especially the frontal area-within a couple of months and the shed continued until maybe two weeks ago. The amount of hair that I was losing every day was scary. Upwards of 150 a day. I was completely

you suddenly claim that "Just over 1 1/2 months ago (=at the beginning of October 2011) I decided to go back to Kirkland's minoxidil (5&#37."?

You say that you were shedding since February, when you tried DualGen for the first time, but here

you say that "after about 2 months on it I started noticing a lot of shedding like never before. " This means that you started to shed as late as in April, if I am not wrong?

Elsewhere you claimed that "Like I said, I was on it for 3 months or so but my hair kept getting thinner and thinner."

So you were on it since February till May? And what were you doing between May and October?

You say that you were on DualGen for 3 months, but the shed continued for 8 months?!

And it is even more amusing that until 11th December 2011

you ascribed your hairloss to the loss of transplanted hairs and DualGen is nowhere mentioned in your frustrated posts.

08-02-2011
                                Slo, this is the nightmare I've been going through for the past 6 months. I too have been losing a lot of my transplanted hair. The thing is, I've had FOUR HTs, all in the frontal area over the past decade but continued to notice more thinning. The last HT was just over 1 1/2 years ago. Six months ago my hair started falling out like rain, which left the frontal area thinner than ever before. Went to see my doctor only to be shocked when he told me that I was one of the rare cases where the transplanted hair is lost with time.

Here's probably the definite piece of evidence:

I just hope I get some of the hair that was lost in the past few months in that massive shed I had. One thing I feel good about is that the shed has finally STOPPED as of 3 weeks ago and I'm pretty sure it's because I got back on Minoxidil (kirkland brand) after several months on some other useless crap that claimed 15% minoxidil content. Unfortunately, I too have lost about 25-30% of my hair during that short period.

I feel like Columbo (or Kojak - considering that I am on this forum?), but I think I start to understand the whole mystery.
                                The chain of events was probably as follows:

- You started to shed in February 2011 - from whatever reason -, and around July 2011 you were taking DualGen that you previously ordered from eBay (but it didn't stop it, however).
                                Any one has any idea why Minox prices have been dropping lately? Was looking at Ebay and you can now buy a six-month supply of Kirkland Minox for about $15. That's about $2.50 a bottle ! Even Rogaine is sold cheaper now. Can we even trust that what we're buying is legit ? I've been buying on ebay for many many years but now I'm

- At the beginning of October 2011, you switched back to Kirkland and in mid-November 2011, your shed ended.

- Then, in late November 2011, out of hysterical frustration, you started to spread the tale that "DualGen has zero minoxidil".

Please, confirm this version. Otherwise I will have to investigate your case further.

Comment

Working...