Scar Repair 1032 beard hair grafts Dr Bisanga

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stevie R
    • Aug 2012

Maybe 30 beard hair and 30 scalp hair would be better?....Or do you think the beards would stand out?

Comment

• Stevie R
      • Aug 2012

I'm interested to hear your opinion Northeastguy as you got me thinking....

Comment

• ejj
        • Dec 2010

Hi Stevie

I think you will be ok with the aloe vera 99% , i cant tell the difference between the beard hair i have had grafted , i think it is similar to my scalp hair . With a small procedure you will be able to assess , results , growth , calibre of grafts etc .
        I think if you consult with Drs re your scalp/beard hair and how they would approach grafting into your scar ,you will get a clearer picture of how to proceed
        Make sure you dont rush into anything

all the best
        ejj

Comment

• Stevie R
          • Aug 2012

@ejj, thanks again, I didn't see a difference in the your hair....I agree, I will take it slowly, kinda want to fix it but perhaps slowly is the best action. Thanks again ejj.

@Northeastguy, ??? I have not seen any pics of white dotting except from a guy who had a acne like complextion after shaving and doing near 1,000 grafts...but even he did not have any problem under the chin. Do you really think 7 grafts could be a problem? I mean I haven't seen any problems with it and I figured some one would come out ad say something....Also there are some other questions I asked you a little before, you can answer if you like...But thanks again for the advice man let us know how your head is doing some time, I'm excited to see the results.

Comment

• northeastguy
            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Stevie R
            @ejj, thanks again, I didn't see a difference in the your hair....I agree, I will take it slowly, kinda want to fix it but perhaps slowly is the best action. Thanks again ejj.

@Northeastguy, ??? I have not seen any pics of white dotting except from a guy who had a acne like complextion after shaving and doing near 1,000 grafts...but even he did not have any problem under the chin. Do you really think 7 grafts could be a problem? I mean I haven't seen any problems with it and I figured some one would come out ad say something....Also there are some other questions I asked you a little before, you can answer if you like...But thanks again for the advice man let us know how your head is doing some time, I'm excited to see the results.
            Hi Stevie.... sorry for the delay. 7grafts? very safe. I just can't imagine what damage can be done with 7 grafts taken from one area. Came across this guys video and get a good look at 2:10 to about 2:30. It's a good look at his face after healing from a large session of Beard FUE. notice 2:22... there are very clear signs of white dotting. Not to mention much of his chin is looking a little like cottage cheese. Keep in mind he did have a couple thousand grafts from this area. I'm not even sure why this guy used beard hair because he has a great supply of donor hair on his head. I just don't want people to think there isn't a risk of scarring from beard extractions. There's always a risk in every aspect of this industry as we are wll aware.
            I do believe beard grafting has a place in all of this. In cases like ejj, he has limitations to use scalp hair and the benifits of using his beard hair far out weigh the risks. This is the case in most every repair case where the donor area has been devastated by previous procedures.
            I still think if you are only going to need a 100 grafts or so to fill in your scar, you should used scalp hair. That's just my opinion. However, if you really want to test using beard hair, maybe do 25 of each.....heal and evaluate which responded best. Then do the other 50 with the donor that healed to your liking.

Maybe those who have had procedures done with beard grafting can post some high quality before and after photos? Befores should be cleanly shaven as well as after photo's.

Last edited by northeastguy; 09-23-2012, 08:50 PM. Reason: add link

Comment

• topcat
              • May 2009

I have had about 500 beard extractions from an area 2 square inches and I have not had a problem. But this does not mean it can’t happen. I wouldn’t recommend anyone have more than 100 at first and evaluate it for yourself. You do not get second chances. I think 75 would be safe but I really don’t think you need any hair into that scar Stevie, just work on flattening it out. Could you have some issues with only 75 beard fue, absolutely there are no guarantees. The smaller the session at least initially the safer the bet.

I also agree with NEguy 75 fue from the head in my opinion would be a better choice, with a small punch it would probably be impossible to find.

Viewing EJJ photos he has very high yield and no visible scarring but we are all different and we all have different lifestyles so in the end it all matters.

Comment

• Stevie R
                • Aug 2012

@NEguy and topcat, ya I hear both of ya and haven't seen significant head scarring from Bisanga or Feriduni. I think I may go for 50-75 head hairs about a 1/2 an inch to an inch above the scar and 25 beard hairs...maybe less and all under the chin. I only need 130-180 hairs anyway so then I will be halfway and I can make up my mind which looks better head or beard hair or that is if there is a big difference and I can see if there is any visible scarring under the chin. I wanted to do 100-130 and have less sessions but this way is smarter and I should have the same amount of sessions to fue the scar. The reason I want to FUe right above the scar is because if it all doesn't meet my approval in the end then I will put a tattoo over my scar, a real one. I have consulted many tattoo and tattoo removal clinics and it seems it can be covered and if I ever get tired of it it seems it can be removed. This is just something that I will do if I am not satisfied, which I am sure I will be fine but ya never know how this stuff will work out 100 percent until it is done I guess. I will also fraxel the hell out of it before hand and after the FUE. Thanks for posting that video NEguy, yet it is hard to see if that is scarring or he is a crusty old fart...I will have to say scarring to be safe but still don't think I will be like that, also I didn't see under the chin which is annoying as Umar must know everyone talks about under the chin scarring is distinctly different, also what up with his blury vids right?....These docs man....these docs...But still I think caution should be urged and I will take your prescription after some fraxel and healing time. In the meantime I'll be rockin a colonial ponytail like Mel Gibson in the Patriot so my mind is off the scar and I will be able to do all the FUes stealthy as they will cut around the scar. Thanks again fellas.

Comment

• northeastguy
                  • Feb 2012

Sounds like you have a good plan going forward (although I'm not on board with the real tatoo. Although I seriously doubt you'll ever need it down the road).... Stick with a solid preventative program, hit that scar with some FUE and Fraxel and move on with your life.

Comment

• Stevie R
                    • Aug 2012

Thanks NEguy, but the tat would be covered with a 2 grade and I am a young dude and I have seen many small scars completely covered by a tattoo and so many people have them on their necks, arms, legs, ass, balls and whatever else I think I'll be okay, but ya I wouldn't do it if I was 50. My thing is I may have to cut my hair low in a couple years and I don't want my life decisions to be made by one bad decision in life that I rushed and knew nothing about, but I agree that I probably won't do it because I have a good chance at getting back to normal as my scar is below 1mm in width through 80 percent of it know and is faint. I appreciate your guys' responses back at me, did you check out that skin spray? Check out recell too...looks like it may regenerate skin to a scar...still researching though.

Comment

• Stevie R
                      • Aug 2012

Here's that link for the spray skin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8c5...=related...IDK what to think but I figured it might help someone, possibly. Check it out guys tell us what you think. How is it all going Ejj?

Comment

• ejj
                        • Dec 2010

thought i would update situ , well i went out last night and for the first time in Twenty years styled my hair .

I applied a little bit of product to the ends and had no fear of plugs ,scars,micrografts being on show , to my suprise i got a couple of comments along the lines of " your hair looks good , what have you done differently " Basically i can now cut and style it normally , to be honest it was a strange feeling , shower, quick blow dry, product ,out , beer !! I have had twenty years of growing bits longer than the other to hide scarring , blowing it forward to hide 4mm wide raised plugs , and all of a sudden its kind of gone , feels odd , im booked for more work in May but its choice not necessity

Will get some pics up of top and front soon , the donor scars and general scarring have been such an issue for such a long time its very odd to actually think will just style it as i want , not as i have too

all the best

ejj

Comment

• Stevie R
                          • Aug 2012

@ejj, that's great man, happy for ya, have you seen Dave here http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/m...enterthread=y? Check it out as he takes it down to a zero and it is invisible now, and all he used was beard hair as well. We are all sure you are on your way man and we are happy for ya. I would like to add also for you and others that I have been derma rolling my scar and after 4 times the results are great, I mean my scar was less than 1 mm, but still it is now more faded, less raised, and I think even smaller as the raisedness has gone down and seemingly shrinking the scars width as well, I highly recommend for anyone. But good stuff ejj!

Comment

• topcat
                            • May 2009

EJJ nice to hear you are getting back to normal and it’s the same for me. No more eyes drifting to my hairline as I have a conversation. Many just don’t seem to get it and are intentionally led to believe they can achieve something that is not possible or not in their best interest and when so much money is being made there are plenty of sharks in the water.

If the industry started being completely honest which includes owning all their bad results many could make better decisions and maybe the industry and its players would garner more respect. It seems to be slowly heading in that direction but most are still not doing what is in the best interest of the patient.

Nothing like getting an unexpected compliment, it tells you that you are heading in the right direction.

Comment

• northeastguy
                              • Feb 2012

Sorry for my delay Ejj but it sounds like all good news. Congrates. Its almost liberating isn't it? My last cut I went down to a #4 clipper and I was still safe. big improvement from a 6. I wanted to post this on my thread but for some reason it was closed.....hmmmm looking into it.

Comment

• ejj
                                • Dec 2010

am at 19 months post first procedure with Dr Bisanga at BHR .

I am still getting a few hairs breaking the surface, i would say between ten and twenty have recently started to sprout ! back for procedure number 4 in May, so may add a little density now that the blood flow has been re established into the scar tissue, with Dr Bisangas low density grafting approach .

I have noticed the tissue has radically changed , its softer and pinker i worry about it a heck of a lot less now

Thanks to all at Bhr

All the best

ejj

Comment

Working...