+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

What do you guys thinking about Minoxidil use after HT? I've never used it before. I read that it can accelerate the growth process in about a month. I also read*here in the forum that it can also harm HT (don't know how).

I have been using it for 20 days now 2 timed a day. I really don't know whether*I should stop or not. I don't want to do anything that can slightly harm my HT, even if it means longer (or normal) ugly duckling phase.**

Any advice/thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Templesrunner View Post
    What do you guys thinking about Minoxidil use after HT? I've never used it before. I read that it can accelerate the growth process in about a month. I also read*here in the forum that it can also harm HT (don't know how).

I have been using it for 20 days now 2 timed a day. I really don't know whether*I should stop or not. I don't want to do anything that can slightly harm my HT, even if it means longer (or normal) ugly duckling phase.**

Any advice/thoughts?
    I've been using minoxidil foam once a day for the past two weeks (we had hair transplant on the same day). ASMED says not to use it for a long time after transplant but many other doctors say to use it. I've used it for the past 12 years (once per day) so I wasn't willing to completely stop other than the two weeks before/after the hair transplant. I don't think it can hurt.

I also started using EMU oil on the transplanted hair at night along with saw palmetto, msm, biotin, and multivitamin pills. Who knows if any of that actually helps but worth a shot.

I'll probably post some pictures soon but I'm definitely in the ugly ducking phase too and not fun taking pics ha.

I think you have an advantage of lack of stress from not having to work the next few months. My work can be somewhat stressful which I don't think is helpful after a transplant.

Hey,

Since you been using it for a long time, it's not the same as a first time user.

I plan on using it for 3-4 month tops, just to speed up things.

I really want to see your progress. let me know when you post them.

it's a hard time now - nothing to do but wait.

you are not taking the propecia supply you got from the clinic?

I'll post some pics next week.

Yes I am taking the propecia they gave me, but I have been on propecia for about 13 years. It definitely helped with the back of my hair but not so much the front. In January I started dutasteride every other day as well as the daily propecia. It is overkill but I didn't want to suddenly switch from one to the other.. At the end of this year I will probably stop propecia and just take the dutasteride as it is stronger and substantially longer half life.

Hey everybody,

2 months update.

Most of the hair has shedded. from a far the temples look empty and sick. But closer look I can see a lot of new hairs (look closely at the pics)

It's a bit early for growth, maybe because all the supplements I take, maybe not.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20190513-WA0030.jpg

Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	62714Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20190513-WA0032.jpg

Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	62715Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20190513-WA0031.jpg

Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	62716Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20190513-WA0029.jpg

Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	62717

It’s too early and didfocult to tell based on those pictures. Most people supposedly don’t start growing until the 3rd month. I think you are going to have a good result though, your hair seems to grow fast too.

Are you still taking minoxidil? I saw somewhere else you said you were going to stop.

Yeah i stopped minoxi after 25 days.

it's early yes, but if you look closely on the second pic for an instant, you can see short new hairs. of course nothing massive. but i'm glad to see its starts this early

Quote Originally Posted by Templesrunner View Post

Any advice/thoughts?
    It lets hair follicules to grow but when you stop to use the minoxidil, you turn back to your past situation

HI everyone,

It's been* almost 4 months (-2 days) - Update time!
    The hair continues to grow and thicken. Yesterday I did my first hair cut, almost 1-2MM on the side and back. no trace of the hair transplant procedure: no redness, no scars, no shock loss (I have 2*scars there, but they are from*childhood). I'm very happy with the donor area state.

After the new hair cut, the native hair and the transplanted hair blend in better and more smoothly. The density is far from good, but for this stage (4 months) I'm happy, I have 7 more months of growth.

Now I'm limited to a certain hairstyle - comb downwards. I can't style it backward yet, due to lack of density - it's just doesn't look good yet. hopefully, in a few months, it will be possible.

When I look at my pics before the HT and now - I just can't believe it! a dream comes true. no other way to describe it.

What do you guys think?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2121.jpg

Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	63597Click image for larger version

Name:	1212.jpg

Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	63598Click image for larger version

Name:	444.jpg

Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	63599Click image for larger version

Name:	3333.jpg

Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	63600

This looks amazing. Thanks for sharing your experience. I think I’m heading for a similar pattern of hair loss to you, I’m not quite as severe as yours was prior to surgery but I’m ~10 years younger. This gives me hope of what I might be able to achieve if my hair loss stabilises.