Feedback on Dr. John Cole

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John P. Cole, MD
    • Dec 2008

i don't really want any feuds with people, xadiohead. Your opinions are noted and I respect them.

Comment

• Bald1974
      • Dec 2017

I kinda figured this is what happened but thanks for explaining doctor.

Originally posted by John P. Cole, MD
      It's not me. It's Pat Hennessey. Years ago he lowered his standards and began promoting surgeons with a history of problems that I had to correct. I asked to be taken off his "recommended" list. In this industry, there are those that are after a quick buck by doing things that are not in the best interest of patients as a whole. I've forgotten about all of it, but Pat and his helper still hold a grudge for reasons that are incomprehensible. To this day, they will not allow any of my patients to post their results on their site. They also protect a doctor that they recommend by covering up the damage and even go so far as to blame the patient for the bad results. This is what happens when money gets in the way of morality. Personally, I'd prefer to put the differences of opinion in the past. It's not in my hands though. Onward and upward. If you really want to find the top surgeons look to the IAHRS.

Comment

• farsanUK
        • Jul 2017

Originally posted by John P. Cole, MD
        It's not me. It's Pat Hennessey. Years ago he lowered his standards and began promoting surgeons with a history of problems that I had to correct. I asked to be taken off his "recommended" list. In this industry, there are those that are after a quick buck by doing things that are not in the best interest of patients as a whole. I've forgotten about all of it, but Pat and his helper still hold a grudge for reasons that are incomprehensible. To this day, they will not allow any of my patients to post their results on their site. They also protect a doctor that they recommend by covering up the damage and even go so far as to blame the patient for the bad results. This is what happens when money gets in the way of morality. Personally, I'd prefer to put the differences of opinion in the past. It's not in my hands though. Onward and upward. If you really want to find the top surgeons look to the IAHRS.
        Are talking about a doctor who's first name begins with K?

Comment

• xadiohead
          • Jan 2019

Originally posted by farsanUK
          Are talking about a doctor who's first name begins with K?
          I could be wrong but I don't think he is talking about Koray.

Comment

• Youngheart
            • Apr 2019

hello Mr Cole. Can you quote for 2500 grafts to be placed for hairline and crowns. Thanks

Comment

• John P. Cole, MD
              • Dec 2008

Youngheart, you can get 2500 grafts for as low as 6250 Euro in our office in Athens, Greece. Both Dr. Bisanga and I will be in Athens in May, June, and July, and August.

Comment

• Youngheart
                • Apr 2019

Thanks. 6250 is out of my pocket at the moment.

Comment

• John P. Cole, MD
                  • Dec 2008

be very careful, youngheart. Once you break this barrier in price, the quality usually suffers and so does the patient.

I want to make this clear. Neither Dr. Bisanga and I are focusing attention overseas because it is how we make our living. We both have full-time work. We are doing this to protect patients concerned with the price avoid making horrible mistakes that ruin their lives. Who says you need 2500 grafts? That's usually a ploy of low-cost clinics to drive up the price of the surgery. Imagine you need 1000 grafts and they want to charge you 1 euro per graft. How do they make 2.5 times as much? They quote you an extra 1500 grafts you don't need. It's no trouble for them. Their nurses will still do the work and still make their 800 euros month slave labor regardless of how many grafts you have done. Because the nurses are not talented, they make an extra 1000 incisions in your scalp and damage another 1000 grafts that are lost for life.

if you are young, be careful jumping into the crown. it gets bigger with time. sometimes the best solution is to do nothing.

Anyway, feel free to contact me. I do some cases for very little. But if you can't afford this very low price, the best solution might be for you to do nothing. Just because you can find a way to get something done, does not mean you should do it. Once you jump on the hair transplant train, it's much harder to get off that train because hair loss persists for the duration of your life even though the train may slow down from time to time.

Comment

• JoeTillman
                    • Jul 2014

I never recommend that any patient seek multiple quotes based on what they think they need, or even what other clinics have told them. Seeking out multiple independent assessments is the only legitimate way to do research (after finding qualified clinics, of course) THEN and only then should price be considered. As Dr. Cole said, how do you know you need 2500 grafts? I guarantee you that with five different consultations, you'll receive three to five difference graft estimates.
                    Joe Tillman
                    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
                    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Comment

• Youngheart
                      • Apr 2019

Hi Mr Cole. Thanks for your input. I am from Dublin and was looking at Dr Cinik and AEK hair clinic but heard some bad stories. I am quoted €2300 for the both. However, I contacted local clinic in Dublin. Ailesbury clinic and sent them my pictures. Been told that 3500 hair ( not grafts) will be required to cover front and temples. They have quoted €4500 for this with a written guarantee. Crown is advised to be left as it is for now. After 8 months I can revisit them and they will improve the density on crown for €1000 . I heard good reviews and laws in Ireland are very strict when it comes to something like this. Above all its local to me so no flights etc.

What are your thoughts on this. Do I need to ask them any specific questions or if you know anything about their work.

I was willing to spend upto 3k and this is over the budget but again its local and I feel secure.

Thanks

Comment

• Raphael84hair
                        Doctor Representative
                        • Feb 2019

@youngheart

My honest suggestions would be to step back, take some time and continue to research and educate yourself. It would appear that your main motivation in choosing your Dr is purely financial. Almost every patient is financially conscious to some degree. It is an important aspect that must be considered. But it CAN NOT be the defining motivation. You may well end up in a worse position, requiring further/corrective surgery at an even more expensive price point and with considerably less grafts to work with.

I feel your pain. I know how hair loss can affect your life. That is why it is so important to think long term and to make the right decision.

You mention that your local clinic in Dublin quoted in hairs. That should be a big warning sign!
                        Consider this-
                        Hair follicles are made up of between 1-4 hairs. For sake of argument, lets say that your average follicle contains 2.2 hairs.
                        Therefore, you have been quoted 3500 hairs.
                        3500 / 2.2 = 1590 grafts
                        1590 grafts for a total surgery price of €4,500 = €2.83 per graft.

Which is more expensive than the 2500 grafts for €6,250 that Dr Cole explained to you. That would equate to €2.50 per graft.

You would be paying more, for a significantly less experienced, qualified, quality, ethical surgeon. It would make no sense.

Again, I would suggest that if finances are such a limitation right now, continue to spend some time on the forums contacting Drs and patients and learn more. In taking the time to do so perhaps you may be able to save more money and make the right choice in physician.

International Patient Advisor - Bisanga Cole Hair Transplant Clinic - Athens, Greece

bc2@bchairtransplant.com Whatsapp - +34 642 37 03 83

Comment

• farsanUK
                          • Jul 2017

@youngheart

Surgery will always be there as Joe and Spencer say. Educate yourself on the entire industry, all the ins and outs once you have done that and I mean a good year or then you'll realise the truth and you'll be in much better place to make a decision.

Just because its a doctor (or sometimes not) doesn't mean they know how to do surgery properly. It takes a great eye and artistic skill to produce natural looking results. And if it's all techs doing the work, would you let a nurse give you any other organ transplant? If you rush into this looking at price and a few before and afters then you will regret it i assure you. Photos dont always tell you the truth.

Comment

• Youngheart
                            • Apr 2019

What are you talking about mate. You and Dr Cole are like keyboard warriors badmouthing every doctor that may take business away from you.

Search for Dr Patrick Treacy from Ailesbury Dublin before praising your clinic.

And how come famous doctors like you and Mr cole are 24/7 sitting in front of laptop promoting your business? Dont you have any surgeries to do?

Comment

• JoeTillman
                              • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Youngheart
                              What are you talking about mate. You and Dr Cole are like keyboard warriors badmouthing every doctor that may take business away from you.

Search for Dr Patrick Treacy from Ailesbury Dublin before praising your clinic.

And how come famous doctors like you and Mr cole are 24/7 sitting in front of laptop promoting your business? Dont you have any surgeries to do?
                              You just asked Dr. Cole for his feedback, and without him responding you're slagging him? Why?

I looked up your doctor and can't find any results. Care to share where his results can be found?
                              Joe Tillman
                              The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
                              See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Comment

• Spex
                                Dr Representative
                                • Nov 2008

Ive not read this entire topic but will say this that Dr Cole goes above and beyond most Drs. Thats why he participates here. He doesn't need to at all, but still does.
                                He is a mench.
                                Regards
                                Spex
                                Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

Working...