X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JulioGP
    • Feb 2013

Miiw,
    Your result is truly amazing.

Just to remember, you are using dermaroller 1 or 2 times a week? And what is the dermaroller size you use, 1mm?

Comment

• Miiw
      • Sep 2016

Originally posted by JulioGP
      Miiw,
      Your result is truly amazing.

Just to remember, you are using dermaroller 1 or 2 times a week? And what is the dermaroller size you use, 1mm?
      I use 1mm dermaroller once a week and 0,3mm dermaroller every 2 days!

-edit
      and thanks for the compliment !

Originally posted by Only22
      Is it worth trying dermarolling without minox? Can't use minox anymore and Ive only been using regenpure for a year which has definitely slowed my hair loss down but need to add something else to slow down even further!

Thanks Guys
      I really think that Minoxdil is a big part of the microneedling process and as a combination they work very well! But you could give it a try at least! Try a six month period for example and then you can see if there's any improvement. You can't lose anything and dermarollers are relatively cheap to buy!

Comment

• Skin
        • Sep 2016

Originally posted by Miiw
        I use 1mm dermaroller once a week and 0,3mm dermaroller every 2 days!

-edit
        and thanks for the compliment !

I really think that Minoxdil is a big part of the microneedling process and as a combination they work very well! But you could give it a try at least! Try a six month period for example and then you can see if there's any improvement. You can't lose anything and dermarollers are relatively cheap to buy!
        Nice work. And thanks for your updates.

How hard are you rolling? Much bleeding?

Comment

• Miiw
          • Sep 2016

Originally posted by Skin
          Nice work. And thanks for your updates.

How hard are you rolling? Much bleeding?
          Thanks and my pleasure, if I can help you guys out with my experiences!

I roll with the pressure of my relaxed hand on the dermaroller, with the 1mm roller I do get some bleeding, but not that much. The 0,3mm gives me some redness, but not bleeding, propably because of the small needle size!

Comment

• Skin
            • Sep 2016

Thanks and my pleasure, if I can help you guys out with my experiences.

I roll with the pressure of my relaxed hand on the dermaroller, with the 1mm roller I do get some bleeding, but not that much. The 0,3mm gives me some redness, but not bleeding, propably because of the small needle size!
            Thanks that's good to know. I think I've been going too hard. Last time o did it I had lots of blood. I think I'm going to ease back on the pressure. At the moment I'm pushing it down quite hard.

If you don't mind me asking how old are you and is it the first time you have used minox? I know some guys would say If it's the first time you've done minoxidil then the results could be down to that. However I have only very rarely seen minox work so well for anyone. So I'm pretty sure it's the rolling.

Comment

• Miiw
              • Sep 2016

Thanks that's good to know. I think I've been going too hard. Last time o did it I had lots of blood. I think I'm going to ease back on the pressure. At the moment I'm pushing it down quite hard.

If you don't mind me asking how old are you and is it the first time you have used minox? I know some guys would say If it's the first time you've done minoxidil then the results could be down to that. However I have only very rarely seen minox work so well for anyone. So I'm pretty sure it's the rolling.
              I'm 25 and this is indeed the first time I'm using any hairloss treatment. So Saw Palmetto, Nizoral, Minoxidil and the rolling are all surely adding up to the result. Hard to say which one of them is the biggest factor. Probably them all combined!

Comment

• Skin
                • Sep 2016

I'm 37. I was around 25 wheniu first used minoxidil. I did not get as good results as you at all. So i really do believe rolling is a big player.

I'm definitely getting results from my current treatment. Weirdly I have temple growth which I didn't get before when I did minox. But this time I'm on a topical fin and min.

Again I'm really happy to see your results.

Comment

• mic28
                  • May 2015

Hi Skin and Miiw, would you guys be able to provide details on what topical fin and minox you're using? I ordered a 1.5mm dermaroller yesterday. I'm a diffuse thinner/loser

Comment

• Skin
                    • Sep 2016

Originally posted by mic28
                    Hi Skin and Miiw, would you guys be able to provide details on what topical fin and minox you're using? I ordered a 1.5mm dermaroller yesterday. I'm a diffuse thinner/loser
                    Hi mic.

I'm using morr f 5. Topical fin and min (all in one). And stemoxydine. I also use nizoral shampoo 2x a week and caffeine shampoo the rest of the week.

I roll once a week with a 1.5.

Good luck!

Comment

• Miiw
                      • Sep 2016

Originally posted by mic28

I use only minoxidil (Rogaine brand), not using finasteride at all in any form. You could also try Nizoral (Ketoconazol) and Saw Palmetto! Good luck mate!

Comment

• k9gatton
                        • Oct 2016

Topical Finasteride.

I'm 37. I was around 25 wheniu first used minoxidil. I did not get as good results as you at all. So i really do believe rolling is a big player.

I'm definitely getting results from my current treatment. Weirdly I have temple growth which I didn't get before when I did minox. But this time I'm on a topical fin and min.

Again I'm really happy to see your results.
                        That's what I'm using. Think I'm going to post a thread with pictures about my topical Progesterone experience. I use all three in one topical. That is Minoxidil, Finasteride, and Progesterone.

Comment

• markusbdc
                          • Jun 2014

Dutasteride....

Originally posted by Seuxin
                          Very good dude !

Add stemoxydine, Dutasteride and a little of Licl when you dermaroll and you will gain new hair too !

I am on dutasteride and I can tell you that one should probably save it for a last resort. I have had some significant sexual side effects and they aren't fun. I at this point (I'm 61 and switched from Finasteride about 4 months ago as it stopped working) wouldn't recommend it. It is a very powerful anti-androgen and you are chemically castrating yourself in return for a shot at hair preservation..Do your due diligence first....

Comment

• Skin
                            • Sep 2016

Originally posted by k9gatton
                            That's what I'm using. Think I'm going to post a thread with pictures about my topical Progesterone experience. I use all three in one topical. That is Minoxidil, Finasteride, and Progesterone.
                            Yeah log it. Are you rolling?

Comment

• KeepHoping
                              • Dec 2010

Here's also one comparison in different light and in different place and a bit longer hair.

These photos are really showing the constantly improving hair thickness and hairline..!

Week 8 -> Exactly week 13 (taken today)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49006[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]49007[/ATTACH]
                              Would you be willing to send the link to where you purchased your rollers? Would greatly appreciate it, thank you!

Comment

• KeepHoping
                                • Dec 2010

Also, a few more questions...

1. Has anyone else seen results with a 1mm roller?
                                2. How many people are applying minox directly after rolling?

Thank you!

Comment

Working...