Dermarolling Community Trial

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HMDWN
    • Nov 2015

I guess the thing to see is 'if' those hairs actually cycle into full length growing hairs or if they don't...bu it would keep it up.

Comment

• Miiw
      • Sep 2016

Let's keep our fingers crossed! Amazing results so far!

Comment

• Miiw
        • Sep 2016

Here is one more pic! From today! In a bit better light and a bit longer hair. Shows the less thicker areas better also!
        Attached Files

Comment

• HMDWN
          • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Miiw
          Here is one more pic! From today! In a bit better light and a bit longer hair. Shows the less thicker areas better also!
          Certainly looks promising...let it grow!
          Give info if Rogaine is generic or name brand, foam or liquid, once or twice a day and Ketoconazol 2% is the shampoo?
          What dosage of Saw Palmetto as I've to have ANY benefit to hair the dosage levels are off the charts!

Comment

• Miiw
            • Sep 2016

Rogaine is indeed just that, Rogaine in the liquid form. They don't sell any other Minoxidil products in where I live, so I "have to" go with the original. It tends to be a bit pricey, but at least it seems to be working.
            I apply it twice a day, so that I cover my whole scalp. The guide says to do 6 presses, which should give you 1ml of Minoxidil, but I'm doing around 10 presses, just to cover my whole scalp.
            Ketoconazol is indeed the shampoo, which should stimulate hair growth, more so with minoxidil / Rogaine. It also helps if you get itchy scalp with Minoxidil. I use it every other day, eventually planning to do it 3 times / week.

I'm taking 820 mg of Saw Palmetto once a day. Hard to tell the difference so early on. Should see some results in 3-6 month time. Saw Palmetto *should* work in the same way as Finasteride, blocking DHT, but the evidence are quite controversial to say the least. So I guess, the best way to find out, is to try it on oneself.

For the dermarolling I'm using two microneedle sizes, 1,0mm and 0,3mm, I use the 1,0mm once a week and the 0,3mm every to every other day.

Comment

• Seuxin
              • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Miiw
              Impressive dude !

Comment

• cardib
                • Jan 2016

immmmm, this would be impressive if you were not a first time user of minox. its most likely growth from the minox, eps since your a first time user, and your age.

if you were previously on min, and fin, and then added the rolling and saw this, then it would be something.

Originally posted by Seuxin
                Impressive dude !

Comment

• Vic
                  • Apr 2014

Originally posted by cardib
                  immmmm, this would be impressive if you were not a first time user of minox. its most likely growth from the minox, eps since your a first time user, and your age.

if you were previously on min, and fin, and then added the rolling and saw this, then it would be something.
                  Strange cause minox usually 1st causes a shed, THEN you see your first signs of growth after 3 months, if you even do see any results with minox.

Comment

• Miiw
                    • Sep 2016

Thank you guys for the positive feedback! I'll be uploading another photo when I hit the 10 week mark!

Comment

• cardib
                      • Jan 2016

ok, so the classic paper on derma needling, they didnt see results until he 6 month mark, and this guy has seen results in less than 2 months needling?
                      vic, since you are one of the few users on this forum who have rolled consistently, how long did you see results rolling? and did it just grow baby villus hairs, or real terminal growth?

from what i can remember, and please correct me if I'm wrong; it seems that no one has had as much regrowth with needling as the study subjects in the india study

Originally posted by Vic
                      Strange cause minox usually 1st causes a shed, THEN you see your first signs of growth after 3 months, if you even do see any results with minox.

Comment

• Miiw
                        • Sep 2016

Originally posted by Vic
                        ok, so the classic paper on derma needling, they didnt see results until he 6 month mark, and this guy has seen results in less than 2 months needling?
                        vic, since you are one of the few users on this forum who have rolled consistently, how long did you see results rolling? and did it just grow baby villus hairs, or real terminal growth?

from what i can remember, and please correct me if I'm wrong; it seems that no one has had as much regrowth with needling as the study subjects in the india study
                        You should remember the original subject of the study. It wasn't so much about only microneedling as a hairloss cure, it was more about the combined effect of Minoxidil and microneedling, versus only using Minoxidil.

As Cardib pointed out, my results might be so good, because I'm using Minoxidil for the first time. As a matter of fact, this is my first time trying any hairloss "cure", so probably it's the combined effect of them all working. And I can ensure you, I've been very consistent with the applications of my regime.

Also my young age is probably one of the reason for the good result, as my hair follicles might have been dormant, but not yet completely gone. As long as you have an active hair follicle, even if it just provides unnoticeable little tiny hairs, they can be renewed with the treatments. When the follicle is gone, it's gone for good. That's why it's crucial to start the treatments as soon as you notice the first signs, had I started my treatment even earlier the results would be even better.

What would I seriously gain by posting fake results here? I was hoping to give you guys some hope, that for some, (may it be because of the young age or genes), these treatments might just work.

Comment

• Miiw
                          • Sep 2016

Week 10
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Vic
                            • Apr 2014

I think Prettyfly had some nice results and Miiw is showing better results then anyone. Better then the study itself. I grew mostly peach fuzz/darker then peach fuzz but had two fully terminal hairs grow on my previously completely bald left temple.

I've never seen results like Miiw's.

Comment

• Miiw
                              • Sep 2016

Thank you Vic! Nice to hear, that I'm having good results!

When would you guys like to see next progress photo? Week 12 ?

Comment

• Miiw
                                • Sep 2016

Hey guys!

Went through my phone and found another set of photos of the progress in another light ( led lights ) from my work.

Goes like following:

Baseline -> 6 weeks -> 10 weeks "long" hair -> 10 weeks short hair

Click image for larger version

Name:	Baseline1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	440950Click image for larger version

Name:	6 week (1).JPG
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	440951Click image for larger version

Name:	10 week (1).JPG
Size:	55.9 KB