CB-03-01 Investor update

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FearTheLoss
    • Dec 2012

I don't see CB making it to the market now. With the other treatments in the pipeline, I'm actually surprised they are even trailing it.

Comment

• burtandernie
      • Nov 2012

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
      I don't see CB making it to the market now. With the other treatments in the pipeline, I'm actually surprised they are even trailing it.
      Are there other topical AAs with minimal sides in the pipeline im not aware of? Each possible treatment is different and pretty much unknown to what extent or how they will work. The proven route of AAs isnt going anywhere because some other angle seems to have worked. For all anyone knows you get better results with PGD 2 inhibitor combined with propecia. I mean do people know for certain they dont stack because unless they do or PGD 2 basically cures MPB I dont see the kitchen sink approach going anywhere

Comment

• Pate
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
        People used to say exactly the same thing when Aderans was big news. And then again with Histogen, and again with Replicel.

In fact every time a new magic treatment comes along, people get super excited and say how this is the end of CB and it will never make it to market. And yet not only is CB still here, it looks like it stands a decent chance of winning the race to be the first new drug treatment for AGA.

Simple fact is nobody knows how well any of these other treatments, including CB, will work, so they need to be trialled. Cosmo have already spent tens of millions on CB, they are hardly going to throw that all away because there's a new kid on the block.

Even if the others do prove better, there may well still be a market for CB - it may be cheaper, have fewer sides, and become the drug of choice for early-stage hairloss prevention in NW2s. Or it may be roughly equally equivalent, in which case it will probably sell alongside the others (like how there are literally dozens of antibiotics, contraceptive pills etc available).

And above all, we've seen so many other supposedly guaranteed "CB killers" fall over the last five years or so that they'd be crazy to abandon it at this point. I really, really hope they don't, because I want as many new treatments on the market as possible.

Comment

• Pate
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by burtandernie
          Are there other topical AAs with minimal sides in the pipeline im not aware of? Each possible treatment is different and pretty much unknown to what extent or how they will work. The proven route of AAs isnt going anywhere because some other angle seems to have worked. For all anyone knows you get better results with PGD 2 inhibitor combined with propecia. I mean do people know for certain they dont stack because unless they do or PGD 2 basically cures MPB I dont see the kitchen sink approach going anywhere
          There are a couple of other low-side topical AAs that have been mentioned here from time to time (eg HYG-440), but none of them are anywhere near the stage of development that CB is, and to my knowledge none of them are backed by a company with the financial resources of Cosmo.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
            • Dec 2012

Does anyone have any idea of when they will release initial phase 2 POC results? I know the study is finished in November..but I wonder if we will get any info before then because the first patients should have data by end of april

Comment

• lifelonglearning
              • Jun 2014

galvanic device

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg98LXeGnnY would something like this help deliver CB

Comment

• 20legend
                • Feb 2015

Cosmo March report update

Comment

• Keki
                  • Mar 2015

sadly no interesting news, at least now we have a (terrible) name for CB

Comment

• Pelopeleon
                    • May 2014

Originally posted by Keki
                    sadly no interesting news, at least now we have a (terrible) name for CB
                    Breezula... Sounds like a bacteria or a female alien. At least, having now an original name, it has the psychological effect that it will be released in the market sooner than a product with a name made of random letters and numbers...

Comment

• Keki
                      • Mar 2015

Yeah, i bought some breezula for fresh hairs
                      Sounds good

Comment

• diffuseloser
                        • Sep 2014

Well at least it doesn't sound like "Breezula" has kicked the bucket just yet.

Comment

• BiqqieSmalls
                          • Feb 2015

Originally posted by diffuseloser
                          Well at least it doesn't sound like "Breezula" has kicked the bucket just yet.
                          This. Results at the end of the year should be interesting

Comment

• burtandernie
                            • Nov 2012

Before I waste time opening/reading this is there anything valuable actually in it then? Other than the awesome name

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                              • Dec 2012

Nothing valuable. Don't waste your time thinking about CB until the end of 2015 when they will have results. There won't be any useful information until then.

Comment

• burtandernie
                                • Nov 2012

After phase 2 assuming its safe and works what does that mean? I mean you cant really buy it yourself and its really expensive so your still waiting more years for release. It feels like this stuff is more a battle with time than it is hair loss. Years are a very long time to wait.

Comment

Working...