Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FearTheLoss
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready
    The phase 2 POC trial data collection etc finishes at the end of this month. Keep an eye out!
    No, it finishes November 2015. We probably won't see that data for a couple months to a year after.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
      No, it finishes November 2015. We probably won't see that data for a couple months to a year after.
      Well, if they plan on releasing this around the time setipiprant is released, they don't have a chance.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready
        Well, if they plan on releasing this around the time setipiprant is released, they don't have a chance.

I sincerely hope you're right. However, I just hope one of them gets released at all.

Comment

• burtandernie
          • Nov 2012

It always has a chance if it works well with minimal sides. The AA route isnt going to go away if setipiprant comes out it will simply be another option and angle of attack. We are kidding ourselves if we think everyone will tolerate setipiprant or CB. They could give out placebos and this forum would be full of people complaining about their sex drive or whatever random thing they noticed that day out of the ordinary. Some people will have issues with treatments and need other options instead so the more the better.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
            • Sep 2014

oops, accidentally created a blank post

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
              • Sep 2014

I sincerely hope you're right. However, I just hope one of them gets released at all.
              This. Plus, I hope bimatoprost ends up being super effective. It would allow me, and others to stop taking fin or cut down tremendously on dose. From everything I've read on bim, it also alters cell to cell signaling by causing keratinocytes to increase hair growth and melanocytes to increase pigmentation. According to a study, it may increase protection against the ravages of DHT.

If it can do for hair what it does for eyelashes, then bim may be huge as a maintenance and regrowth tool. I think bim will shock us all in its effectiveness.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                • Dec 2012

Yeah, I have read that as well. Hopefully the rumors Spencer and Joe from Stat heard about Bim are true. It's really irritating they aren't releasing results until next year, that's absolutely absurd.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                  • Sep 2014

Yeah, I have read that as well. Hopefully the rumors Spencer and Joe from Stat heard about Bim are true. It's really irritating they aren't releasing results until next year, that's absolutely absurd.
                  I'd love to know as much as you. I take it as a positive though that they haven't said anything, or that we won't know for awhile. When the results from the 2a study went public and it was announced that the study would be delayed, the stock dropped because it irked investors. Now, at the end of the 2b study, there's a record-breaking merger in the pharma industry, the stock went through the roof (and continues to climb), and we got the news of kythera's decision to begin trials with setipiprant. That alone speaks volumes. Prostaglandin technology is paradigm-shifting. When billions are at their fingertips, companies get off their butts (and probably keep their mouths shut until the time is right).

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                    • Dec 2012

I completely agree. Realistically, we could have a treatment to use within a year or two. (we will know the results for CB and Bim and can get those both from the black market).. So let's hope the news is positive. I have high hopes for the setipiprant/bim combo kicking fin/minox out of the game.

Comment

• KO1
                      • Jan 2012

Anybody here in their clinical trials?

Comment

• Folliwake
                        • Nov 2014

Originally posted by KO1
                        Why do they need FDA approval? This is an italian firm.....they could release it in any country right?
                        Does anyone have an answer to this question?

Comment

• Keki
                          • Mar 2015

Discover how the EU was formed, its underlying principles and values; check out key facts and figures; learn about its languages, symbols and member countries.

they have to pass ema approval anyway

Comment

• epipapilla
                            • Mar 2015

Why is everyone so focused on FDA approval? The FDA does not regulate the World's health medicines, nor does it have a remit to regulate the World's health! In fact, if you look at the health of different Western countries, the population in America has one of the worst health of all, therefore the FDA is not really doing a good job.

The FDA (Food and Drugs Administration) has approved (and subsequently retracted) many drugs which turned out to be toxic and deadly to the human population! Thus, it is not surprising that the FDA is also widely known as the Fraud and Death Administration as it mainly serves the interests of the institutions which fund it, yep, the big pharmaceutical companies!

Many people on this forum do not live in America and that is why I am so perplexed why people keeping referring to the FDA like it is in the same league as say the World Health Organisation.

The FDA is not responsible for regulating medicines all over the world, and male pattern hair loss does not just happen in America....

I also think that the focus of companies seeking FDA approval for male pattern baldness drugs has also directly hindered the progress in finding a legitimate cure for male pattern baldness!

Comment

• burtandernie
                              • Nov 2012

I disagree with just about everything your saying about the FDA. There is more good than bad by having a regulatory body for drugs like this. Capitalism does not have the health or well being of other humans at the top its agenda in general so someone has to be watching. No one would ever say the FDA is perfect.

Comment

• Justinian
                                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by epipapilla
                                Why is everyone so focused on FDA approval? The FDA does not regulate the World's health medicines, nor does it have a remit to regulate the World's health! In fact, if you look at the health of different Western countries, the population in America has one of the worst health of all, therefore the FDA is not really doing a good job.
                                Correlation does not equal causation. If you want the FDA to control America's health in rankings, then you need them to ban all junk food and force exercise on people.

Comment

Working...