Bimatoprost finishing up Phase IIb trial!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rdawg
    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready
    Generic bimatoprost 0.03% solution has just been approved by the FDA

I'm gonna get my hands on this. It will hopefully be cheap. Does anyone know if results are improved with derma-rolling?
    just do a quick google search around, a few people have tried the 0.03% thing for a few months with fairly decent results.

The problems were: It was incredibly expensive to use even for a few months, about $25-30 a week, so you're talking 1200-1400 a year or so.
    Which essentially means it's not worth it at the 0.03% solution.

try it out for a few months though, but dont be shocked if that doesnt work, it doesnt mean bim wont, just that the 0.03% is very light.

Comment

• Hairismylife
      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by rdawg
      just do a quick google search around, a few people have tried the 0.03% thing for a few months with fairly decent results.

The problems were: It was incredibly expensive to use even for a few months, about $25-30 a week, so you're talking 1200-1400 a year or so.
      Which essentially means it's not worth it at the 0.03% solution.

try it out for a few months though, but dont be shocked if that doesnt work, it doesnt mean bim wont, just that the 0.03% is very light.
      What means "work", as a growth stimulant I define "work" means regrowth not merely maintenance.

Comment

• Swooping
        • May 2014

Do we know what % they used in the last trial? They went really high supposedly right?

Comment

• rdawg
          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Hairismylife
          What means "work", as a growth stimulant I define "work" means regrowth not merely maintenance.
          yes by work i mean regrowth or at least thickening, that's what a few experienced on the 0.03% solution(albeit very minor growth).

Comment

• Seuxin
            • Jan 2014

I don't understand....
            Bim at 0.03% was not already approved by FDA ???

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Seuxin
              I don't understand....
              Bim at 0.03% was not already approved by FDA ???
              Was approved a long time ago for Allergan. A generic formula was just approved to be sold by another company. It is probably going to be cheaper.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                • Dec 2012

I thought I remember their CEO saying they were going to test a concentration over 10x as strong.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                  • Sep 2014

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
                  I thought I remember their CEO saying they were going to test a concentration over 10x as strong.
                  They already have. Hopefully they are running a phase 3 right now and planning on a release.

Comment

• ar50
                    • May 2013

They already have. Hopefully they are running a phase 3 right now and planning on a release.

How far do you think a realese will be?

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                      • Dec 2012

Yes, I'm aware they have. It concluded this January, but they have stated results will not be posted until 2016.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by ar50
                        How far do you think a realese will be?
                        Next year. They finished the phase 2b trial in Nov with 10x the concentration they had been previously using, and haven't posted the results of that study. If you check on clinicaltrials.gov it says that the study is ongoing but not recruiting participants. This hopefully means they are engaged in a phase 3 and a pending release.

It's looking good for bimatoprost. Keep your eyes open!

Comment

• sdsurfin
                          • Sep 2013

Next year. They finished the phase 2b trial in Nov with 10x the concentration they had been previously using, and haven't posted the results of that study. If you check on clinicaltrials.gov it says that the study is ongoing but not recruiting participants. This hopefully means they are engaged in a phase 3 and a pending release.

It's looking good for bimatoprost. Keep your eyes open!
                          Cool, barring wack side effects a combo of BIM and setipiprant could be really nice.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by sdsurfin
                            Cool, barring wack side effects a combo of BIM and setipiprant could be really nice.
                            Here, check out this article under the section "combination therapy" :http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-a...ments-pipeline

It comes from Dr. Ken Washenik, who is big in the hair world (medical director at Bosley Medical). He states that "Using these drugs in combination is like taking your foot off-break and stepping on gas at the same time."

These two drugs would be setipiprant and bim.

Comment

• KO1
                              • Jan 2012

Here, check out this article under the section "combination therapy" :http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-a...ments-pipeline

It comes from Dr. Ken Washenik, who is big in the hair world (medical director at Bosley Medical). He states that "Using these drugs in combination is like taking your foot off-break and stepping on gas at the same time."

These two drugs would be setipiprant and bim.

Actually, that quote refers to fin and minox.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by KO1
                                Actually, that quote refers to fin and minox.
                                Wrong. Please actually read the material, before spreading misinformation. The article is about new treatments in the pipeline, and was published in March of 2014. He is clearly speaking about bim and a pgd2 blocker. Here's what it says:

Combination Therapy: The true Holy Grail may come from combining a drug like Latisse with a certain type of medication commonly used to treat allergies and asthma. The medication blocks a hormone-like substance that prevents hair from growing. A treatment like this might help with hair growth.

“Using these drugs in combination is like taking your foot off-break and stepping on gas at the same time,” Washenik says

Comment

Working...