Article on piloscopy...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Artista
    • Apr 2010

Hi Javert,, Im still awaiting a call from Dr Wesley,,and no I have not heard that of Dr Rahal.

Comment

• mikes23
      • Aug 2014

I asked Dr rahal, he said he is not trialing it

Comment

• FearTheLoss
        • Dec 2012

I have higher hopes for pilofocus than anything else coming our way in the next 5 years. The science supporting consistent and substantial donor regeneration is there. I know sometimes theory and practice don't mirror each other perfectly, but I'd be willing to bet we are going to see substantial, proven regeneration from Dr. Wesley's technique by this time next year. I think this advancement in surgical hair restoration is going to benefit a lot of people and for the first time we will see average nw6's getting amazing results given the time and finances available to them.

Here's to 2015 bringing great results from pilofocus, bim, cb, histogen and Replicel!

Comment

• Artista
          • Apr 2010

Good posting Fear' ,,I too have high hopes for Pilofocus too. (cant wait to be a part of Dr Wesley's Phase Test)
          I agree with this ~"Here's to 2015 bringing great results from pilofocus, bim, cb, histogen and Replicel!"

Comment

• Justinian
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
            I have higher hopes for pilofocus than anything else coming our way in the next 5 years. The science supporting consistent and substantial donor regeneration is there. I know sometimes theory and practice don't mirror each other perfectly, but I'd be willing to bet we are going to see substantial, proven regeneration from Dr. Wesley's technique by this time next year. I think this advancement in surgical hair restoration is going to benefit a lot of people and for the first time we will see average nw6's getting amazing results given the time and finances available to them.

Here's to 2015 bringing great results from pilofocus, bim, cb, histogen and Replicel!
            I know that this is still being researched but,

You mention NW6's.. is being able to bring a NW6 to say a NW3 a legitimate possibility using this procedure?

Comment

• Artista
              • Apr 2010

Hi Justin! It is quite possible my friend. We all just must be very patient.
              Once Dr. Wesley pulls me into the phase testing, we will all be updated!!
              Stay positive my friend.

Comment

• Javert
                • Jun 2013

I feel exactly the same. Here's hoping for the absolute best!

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                  • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Justinian
                  I know that this is still being researched but,

You mention NW6's.. is being able to bring a NW6 to say a NW3 a legitimate possibility using this procedure?
                  I'd say it will be for sure. I'm expecting to see 50%+ regeneration from the procedure. Granted, I'm only making an educated guess based on scientific studies I've read, but I'd expect to see a lot of people going 10k grafts plus. If the average person has 6-8k grafts (according to dr cole) we should see nw6 patients getting well over 10-12k or more.

However, this is all educated speculation. We must wait to see the results of the next phase study with Dr. Wesley. It'd be great to see nw6 patients saying "I used to be a nw6, now I'm a nw2." Look at some of the nw6 to nw2 transformations from Hanson and wong or Dr. Rahal...now picture that with the ability to harvest more (because of no scarring) AND regeneration. I think pilofocus has the potential to make a lot of people happy. *fingers crossed*

Comment

• hellouser
                    • May 2012

I'd say it will be for sure. I'm expecting to see 50%+ regeneration from the procedure. Granted, I'm only making an educated guess based on scientific studies I've read, but I'd expect to see a lot of people going 10k grafts plus. If the average person has 6-8k grafts (according to dr cole) we should see nw6 patients getting well over 10-12k or more.

However, this is all educated speculation. We must wait to see the results of the next phase study with Dr. Wesley. It'd be great to see nw6 patients saying "I used to be a nw6, now I'm a nw2." Look at some of the nw6 to nw2 transformations from Hanson and wong or Dr. Rahal...now picture that with the ability to harvest more (because of no scarring) AND regeneration. I think pilofocus has the potential to make a lot of people happy. *fingers crossed*
                    12,000 grafts is effectively a CURE. Why?

Average size of NW6 scalp is 200cm/2. To fill that at the bare minimum 35 grafts/cm2, you need 7,000 grafts. For solid density (but nut ridiculously thick) you need about 55-60 grafts/cm2, so around 11-12,000 grafts.

Comment

• Carlos Wesley, MD
                      IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
                      • Nov 2012

Good morning. My apologies for not having the time to provide frequent postings regarding piloscopy and the progress Pilofocus has been making. I did, however, have an in-depth Skype conversation with Spencer Kobren over the weekend during which I gave him an updated report of instrument design and continued clinical progress.
                      Carlos Wesley, MD
                      Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
                      View my IAHRS Profile

1050 Fifth Avenue
                      New York, NY 10028
                      844-745-6362
                      http://www.drcarloswesley.com
                      info@drcarloswesley.com

Comment

• Artista
                        • Apr 2010

Im glad to see that you had some time to post here Dr Wesley!
                        I look forward to our phone chat later on.

Im also glad that you had contacted/Skyped Spencer Kobren over the weekend as well! --
                        Like you-He is a also good man and he tries his best to inform and give good advise to all hair loss SUFFERERS!
                        Especially our communities youth which really needs to be educated with objectivity and not by emotions!!

Comment

• Tenma
                          • Nov 2013

Thanks for posting Dr. Wesley. Like many, i'm following Pilofocus with great interest.

One quick question: ¿could we expect some % of donor regeneration with this new technique?

Comment

• hellouser
                            • May 2012

Originally posted by Tenma
                            Thanks for posting Dr. Wesley. Like many, i'm following Pilofocus with great interest.

One quick question: ¿could we expect some % of donor regeneration with this new technique?
                            There is not going to be any regeneration without anything that remotely resembles Dr. Cotsarelis' work. You should have serious doubts about ACELL as well... since it's been released, nobody has ever seen a single well documented case of it doing anything positive... everything about it thus far has been extremely dubious.

Comment

• Recidive
                              • Sep 2014

Thanks Dr Wesley for the update. Did you instruct Spencer Kobren to give a detailed report in his program? Anyone can ask him?

Comment

• Artista
                                • Apr 2010

Ill be calling-in to the Live show Recidive.
                                We will definitely be talking over Pilofocus as well as something else.

Speaking here on the Acell topic, we all must REALIZE that Acell is STILL in its mid-stages of research and development. Overall it has been doing some great things in medical science. For instance, our Military Veterans injured in previous wars have been HELPED by the use of Acell applications.
                                BUT, Its application and trials to hair loss treatment is RELATIVELY still in the BEGINNING stages of development.
                                In other words, one cannot assume that there will NOT be medical advancements concerning Acell applications to hair regeneration.
                                As Thomas Edison explained about his own invention-
                                "I didn't fail. I just found 2,000 ways not to make a light-bulb;I only needed to find one way to make it work".... And he DID.

Someone like Dr Wesley is trying out an application of Acell in a completely DIFFERENT way that has been done so far.
                                His new-wave in Pilofocus may or may not make a huge change in Acell regen' usage.
                                No one knows as yet what the outcome WILL be but those of us that have seen his preliminary testings phases were very impressed!!!

Comment

Working...