A traditional hair loss lotion from SouthEast Asia contains natural JAK inhibitor

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Recidive
    • Sep 2014

A traditional hair loss lotion from SouthEast Asia contains natural JAK inhibitor

I want to share this finding. Although I don't think that the concentrations found in the herb itself or lotion (usually concentrations are too low) would produce cosmetically acceptable regrowth in most cases, it indicates that the lead of JAK inhibitors may be the key to pharmacological hair treatment.

this traditional herbal shampoo used in Southeast Asia seems to confirm the usefulness of JAK inhibitors for MPB hair loss.

There are several brands in Thailand, Philippines, India, e.g.:
    Jinda Hair Lotion with Litsea glutinosa extract:

Litsea glutinosa ("shampoo tree" in Thailand, or Indian Laurel) contains Brevilin A. Researchers have recently found that this compound is a significant JAK inhibitor:

Signal abnormalities in human cells usually cause unexpected consequences for individual health. We focus on these kinds of events involved in JAK-STAT signal pathways, especially the ones triggered by aberrant activated STAT3, an oncoprotein which participates in essential processes of cell survival, growth and proliferation in many types of tumors, as well as immune diseases. By establishing a STAT3 signal based high-throughput drug screening system in human lung cancer A549 cells, we have screened a library from natural products which contained purified compounds from medicinal herbs. One compound, named Brevilin A, exhibited both strong STAT3 signal inhibition and STAT3 signal dependent cell growth inhibition. Further investigations revealed that Brevilin A not only inhibits STAT3 signaling but also STAT1 signaling for cytokines induced phosphorylation of STAT3 and STAT1 as well as the expression of their target genes. In addition, we found Brevilin A could attenuate the JAKs activity by blocking the JAKs tyrosine kinase domain JH1. The levels of cytokine induced phosphorylation of STATs and other substrates were dramatically reduced by treatment of Brevilin A. The roles of Brevilin A targeting on JAKs activity indicate that Brevilin A may not only be used as a STAT3 inhibitor but also a compound blocking other JAK-STAT hyperactivation. Thus, these findings provided a strong impetus for the development of selective JAK-STAT inhibitors and therapeutic drugs in order to improve survival of patients with hyperactivated JAKs and STATs.

The roles of Brevilin A targeting on JAKs activity indicate that Brevilin A may not only be used as a STAT3 inhibitor but also a compound blocking other JAK-STAT hyperactivation...

Brevilin A showed high specificity on Janus Kinase activity and following STAT3 signaling without directly affecting some other signals...
  • inbrugge
    • Oct 2013

Good find, bro. At this moment, I wonder if the users of the lotion have had any success. It's really tiring to keep taking punches in the dark with a new additive each time.

Comment

• Recidive
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by inbrugge
      Good find, bro. At this moment, I wonder if the users of the lotion have had any success. It's really tiring to keep taking punches in the dark with a new additive each time.
      There are some amazing picture on the net, but probably photoshop or longer hair...http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jinda-Herb-H...-/271312421862

What I find interesting is how science may end up confirming some herbal remedies that have been used for millennia. Centipeda, an Australian plant used by the aboriginals for hair growth also contains Brevilin A!

Brevilin A is sold pure from chemical companies, but I guess there would be unknown safety problems, like with the synthetic JAK inhibitors.

Comment

• sdsurfin
        • Sep 2013

This should also be sent to christiano. Those photos look like they are the same person. I have great faith in traditional medicines, not to provide full cures, but to point the way towards what works and what doesn't. this was a great find.

Comment

• Recidive
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by sdsurfin
          This should also be sent to christiano. Those photos look like they are the same person. I have great faith in traditional medicines, not to provide full cures, but to point the way towards what works and what doesn't. this was a great find.
          The Chinese have patented Brevilin A in its use as a JAK inhibitor. However, I understand that natural products cannot be patented in the US and EU.

The invention provides a novel application of Brevilin A when serving as a JAK-STATs signal specific inhibitor. Cell model screening experiments and protein molecule detection prove that Brevilin A has excellent JAK-STATs signal inhibition activity, and can effectively inhibit expression of related genes, so that the growth of cells on which JAK-STATs signal rely can be effectively inhibited. Therefore, the Brevilina A serving as the active component can be used for preparing a medicament based on JAKs serving as a target spot or the JAK-STATs signals serving as a target, and treating diseases related to JAK-STATs signal activation; and various dosages of target medicaments can be prepared from the Brevilin A serving as the active component by adopting pharmaceutically acceptable process and auxiliary materials, such as various oral preparations, injections.
          Last edited by Recidive; 09-10-2014, 06:34 PM. Reason: Better link

Comment

• hellouser
            • May 2012

I read somewhere that janus kinase inhibitors promote CD200 progenitor cells (tofacitinib should do this). Downregulation of CD200 cells is present in AGA, I believe Cotsarelis talked about it at one point.

This Brevilin A could be interesting....

Comment

• Recidive
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by hellouser
              I read somewhere that janus kinase inhibitors promote CD200 progenitor cells (tofacitinib should do this). Downregulation of CD200 cells is present in AGA, I believe Cotsarelis talked about it at one point.

This Brevilin A could be interesting....
              These manufacturers sell pure Brevilin A if you are interested...

Comment

• blondetooth
                • Oct 2014

Spam

Comment

• noisette
                  • Jun 2013

Originally posted by blondetooth
                  Spam
                  Why spam ? argues bro

Comment

• Shinobi
                    • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Recidive

Litsea glutinosa ("shampoo tree" in Thailand, or Indian Laurel) contains Brevilin A. Researchers have recently found that this compound is a significant JAK inhibitor:

Signal abnormalities in human cells usually cause unexpected consequences for individual health. We focus on these kinds of events involved in JAK-STAT signal pathways, especially the ones triggered by aberrant activated STAT3, an oncoprotein which participates in essential processes of cell survival, growth and proliferation in many types of tumors, as well as immune diseases. By establishing a STAT3 signal based high-throughput drug screening system in human lung cancer A549 cells, we have screened a library from natural products which contained purified compounds from medicinal herbs. One compound, named Brevilin A, exhibited both strong STAT3 signal inhibition and STAT3 signal dependent cell growth inhibition. Further investigations revealed that Brevilin A not only inhibits STAT3 signaling but also STAT1 signaling for cytokines induced phosphorylation of STAT3 and STAT1 as well as the expression of their target genes. In addition, we found Brevilin A could attenuate the JAKs activity by blocking the JAKs tyrosine kinase domain JH1. The levels of cytokine induced phosphorylation of STATs and other substrates were dramatically reduced by treatment of Brevilin A. The roles of Brevilin A targeting on JAKs activity indicate that Brevilin A may not only be used as a STAT3 inhibitor but also a compound blocking other JAK-STAT hyperactivation. Thus, these findings provided a strong impetus for the development of selective JAK-STAT inhibitors and therapeutic drugs in order to improve survival of patients with hyperactivated JAKs and STATs.

The roles of Brevilin A targeting on JAKs activity indicate that Brevilin A may not only be used as a STAT3 inhibitor but also a compound blocking other JAK-STAT hyperactivation...

Brevilin A showed high specificity on Janus Kinase activity and following STAT3 signaling without directly affecting some other signals...
                    ... in cancer cells...

Comment

• hellouser
                      • May 2012

Originally posted by Recidive
                      I want to share this finding. Although I don't think that the concentrations found in the herb itself or lotion (usually concentrations are too low) would produce cosmetically acceptable regrowth in most cases, it indicates that the lead of JAK inhibitors may be the key to pharmacological hair treatment.

this traditional herbal shampoo used in Southeast Asia seems to confirm the usefulness of JAK inhibitors for MPB hair loss.

There are several brands in Thailand, Philippines, India, e.g.:
                      Jinda Hair Lotion with Litsea glutinosa extract:

More interesting reading on Listea Glutinosa:

I think I'll try the shampoo.

Comment

• Kiwi
                        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by hellouser
                        More interesting reading on Listea Glutinosa:

I think I'll try the shampoo.
                        Which one are you going to try?

Comment

• Gjm127
                          • Mar 2012

I just ordered the Jinda shampoo from Thailand on eBay. They're so confident that they would refund if I send back the bottle empty lol.

I'm just hoping it's Brevilin A content is high enough. The correlation with recent findings on this forum about Brevilin A/JAK inhibition AND the claims that this shampoo works with confidence is enough to warrant a try from my part. I need a change in shampoo anyway. Got 3 bottles for 35$.

Ill let you guys know how it goes but I'll just be starting Minox and Nizoral so I don't know how I'm gonna see if it's working or not...

Comment

• Gjm127
                            • Mar 2012

They also have a lotion. Pics don't really look fake, ugh I'm just giving myself useless hope. The only thing that interested me is the fact that hidden science about this JAK STAT inhibitor kind of correlates with their claims of regrowing hair.

Comment

• hellouser
                              • May 2012

Originally posted by Gjm127
                              http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jinda-Herb-H...item2594d266f8

They also have a lotion. Pics don't really look fake, ugh I'm just giving myself useless hope. The only thing that interested me is the fact that hidden science about this JAK STAT inhibitor kind of correlates with their claims of regrowing hair.
                              You could always send an email to Dr. Brett King.....

Comment

Working...