+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Well then I stand corrected. Don't know much about this Dermaroller thing but I highly doubt that rolling a $20 dollar object on your head will be a good treatment for MPB.
    When it comes to hair loss products, it is smart to be skeptical. With that being said, the the higher cost of a treatment does not always equate to better odds of effectiveness. If that was true all those expensive laser treatments would be the most effective treatments.

At a $20 price tag, I think the price is right to give it a try.

The before and after pics above suck. It is really difficult to tell of a person actually grew more hair if the after pic is showing the person with longer hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    The before and after pics above suck. It is really difficult to tell of a person actually grew more hair if the after pic is showing the person with longer hair.
    You need to see an optometrist.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    You need to see an optometrist.
    I'll look into it. Come on dude patient 2 had his head buzzed in the first pic and has it grown in on the second pic.

I'll look into it. Come on dude patient 2 had his head buzzed in the first pic and has it grown in on the second pic.
    His vertex should be much thinner, as its clear he's got thin hair in that area before the trial.

1st patient showes wild results, hard to dispute that unless the results are somehow doctored.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    His vertex should be much thinner, as its clear he's got thin hair in that are before the trial.

1st patient showes wild results, hard to dispute that unless the results are somehow doctored.
    You are right about patient one. His results look pretty good. I am not saying the dermaroller is not effective. I use it. Hopefully I will get good results with it. Have you tried it?

You are right about patient one. His results look pretty good. I am not saying the dermaroller is not effective. I use it. Hopefully I will get good results with it. Have you tried it?
    You need to read my dermarolling thread. There's 30+ pages (and counting) of useful information on dermarolling:

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=13420

Yes, I've been dermarolling. Today was my second session, I made sure to be harsh on my scalp though since last week I didn't see much redness and did not notice much bleeding either (a good indication of actual wounding) though the study showed mild erythema was enough (basically until the scalp was red). You do need to apply minox twice a day though, and wait 24 hours after dermarolling. Applying minoxidil on a bleeding scalp could give a very high heart rate, so its advised you DONT apply it immediately. Healing of the scalp doesnt occur until (i think) days later anyway so immediately applying minoxidil probably wouldn't make a world of a difference anyway.

Read the thread though!

I am not saying the dermaroller is not effective. I use it.
    You use it 3-4 times a week and apply minox immediately after rolling... you basically have been over-dosing minox into your bloodtream. That can't be good.

Also, you must use a 1.5mm roller. Read the study, it is quite interesting.