Temple points are crucial

Printable View

• 10-19-2013 12:21 PM
    25 going on 65
    Temple points are crucial
    It seems to me as if most hair restoration surgery ignores temple points or treats them like luxuries instead of necessities. This is wrong. Look at good cases of temple point restoration....the difference in how the face is framed is HUGE

I have reached a point where aggressive hairline restoration w/o temple work depresses me. The lost opportunity is just crazy.....obviously the patient still looks much better, but the addition of youthful temples would add major points.

Do temple points take a lot of grafts to restore or something? Why do they get ignored this often?
  • 10-19-2013 12:31 PM
    UK_
    Temple points are a luxury - you're damn right though, temple points are incredibly important - surgeons will only be able to restore temple points if they can get hold of enough grafts.

Nigam+doubling FTW.
  • 10-19-2013 01:12 PM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    It seems to me as if most hair restoration surgery ignores temple points or treats them like luxuries instead of necessities. This is wrong. Look at good cases of temple point restoration....the difference in how the face is framed is HUGE

I have reached a point where aggressive hairline restoration w/o temple work depresses me. The lost opportunity is just crazy.....obviously the patient still looks much better, but the addition of youthful temples would add major points.

Do temple points take a lot of grafts to restore or something? Why do they get ignored this often?

Totally agree.

Without good temple points, your forehead basically ends up looking wider.
  • 10-19-2013 01:46 PM
    PatientlyWaiting
    I definitely made this a point to the HT doctor I want to get an HT with next year. He said I will need 200 grafts on each. I tried to picture myself with a decent hairline and my current faded temples, and it just doesn't look good. Maybe it's okay on older men, but I don't think it looks natural on a younger guy.
  • 10-19-2013 01:56 PM
    Dan26
    Agree big time. Funny cause I see the odd bald guy who for whatever reason still has very strong temples, even that makes for a slightly better look with shaved stubble head.

I know many, especially surgeons would disagree, but if you do FUE, i dont see whats wrong with giving someone solid temples even if they end up with further loss and have to shave their head. Shaved to a 1 with something to frame your face (could also consruct decent hairline), but a lot of crown loss, is better than shaved to a 1 without that IMO.

My decimated right temple F's up my whole facial symmetry. I find I have two options that somewhat help. Have the hair at a decent length to try and cover it, or go zero-1 on the sides and back (crew cut, fade, etc); i think you need decently 'strong' facial features for this though.
  • 10-19-2013 02:56 PM
    capitan
    I wouldnt walk away from an FUE without temple points.

Thank God I still have mine though, probably one of the main reasons I can still look at my face in the mirror.
  • 10-19-2013 03:08 PM
    UK_
    Quote:

Originally Posted by capitan View Post

Thank God I still have mine though, probably one of the main reasons I can still look at my face in the mirror.

Jesus God help us.
  • 10-20-2013 10:29 AM
    Tracy C
    Quote:

It seems to me as if most hair restoration surgery ignores temple points or treats them like luxuries instead of necessities. This is wrong.

Actually, it is not wrong. It is completely normal for males who are not balding to lose their temple hair. Whether you like it or not, or accept it or not, that is the honest truth about it. That is the reason why hair restoration doctors typically will not restore the temples for a male unless he is transgendered.

Quote:

It is because it does not look natural for males to retain a youthful hairline. It's as simple as that. However, if a male patient is trangendered the doctor will fill in the temples.

If you would take the time to interview dozens of reputable hair restoration doctors about it, they will give you the exact same answer I just gave you. So don't beat me up for telling you the truth about it. I did not write the guidelines, I'm just telling you what they are.
  • 10-20-2013 10:32 AM
    Tracy C
    Quote:

Then make sure to go to your appointment with the hair restoration doctor in drag.
  • 10-20-2013 11:11 AM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Actually, it is not wrong. It is completely normal for males who are not balding to lose their temple hair. Whether you like it or not, or accept it or not, that is the honest truth about it. That is the reason why hair restoration doctors typically will not restore the temples for a male unless he is transgendered.

It is because it does not look natural for males to retain a youthful hairline. It's as simple as that. However, if a male patient is trangendered the doctor will fill in the temples.

If you would take the time to interview dozens of reputable hair restoration doctors about it, they will give you the exact same answer I just gave you. So don't beat me up for telling you the truth about it. I did not write the guidelines, I'm just telling you what they are.

:rolleyes:

Most non balding people have temple points

case in point:

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/...onaldo-008.jpg

When a man balds, those triangle things disappear, making the forehead wider. Might not sound like a big deal, but when you are having photos of your profile taken, IT IS a big deal.
  • 10-20-2013 11:24 AM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

Then make sure to go to your appointment with the hair restoration doctor in drag.

Can you stop being obnoxious towards everyone on the forum.

You have serious depression/anger issues, I bet you are unhappy in your life so vent it on here.
  • 10-20-2013 11:38 AM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    :rolleyes:

Most non balding people have temple points

case in point:

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/...onaldo-008.jpg

When a man balds, those triangle things disappear, making the forehead wider. Might not sound like a big deal, but when you are having photos of your profile taken, IT IS a big deal.

Balding man

http://nesncom.files.wordpress.com/2...pg?w=400&h=225
  • 10-20-2013 11:59 AM
    Tracy C
    Quote:

Can you stop being obnoxious towards everyone on the forum.

If you honestly think telling the truth is obnoxious you do not posses the mental capacity to deal with reality.

I did not write the guidelines. Barking at me is NOT going to change them. I am just telling you what they are. So if you want your temples filled in, you need to convince your hair restoration surgeon that you are transgendered. A good way to do that is to girl it up for your appointment with your hair restoration doctor. If you want your temples filled in bad enough, you will do it.

Quote:

You have serious depression/anger issues, I bet you are unhappy in your life so vent it on here.

On the contrary it is you who has the problem not me. Stop this foolish nonsense. You will never get better so long as you insist on being so wrong headed.
  • 10-20-2013 12:01 PM
    25 going on 65
    Ok this thread does not need to turn into an argument.....I can see it coming already

To answer your point Tracy. I think we are looking at 2 different areas of hair. I was referring not to the hairline corners but to the points of the temples themselves, & below (down to the sideburn area)
    See the guy yeahyeahyeah posted w/ the strong temple points....even if his hairline corners backed up to give him a more angular/mature look to his forehead, as long as his temple points stayed intact, he would still have a very good facial frame

Then look at the 2nd guy....an aggressive HT to restore his hairline would help but, if his temples stayed untouched, his facial frame would still be lacking. The line from his sideburn to his hairline corner is almost vertical....this is what I am referring to. This makes a major difference in appearance
  • 10-20-2013 12:03 PM
    Tracy C
    Quote:

More belligerent nonsense.

You will never get get over it if you continue to insist so belligerently on being so dead wrong about it. Barking at me IS NOT going to change reality. It is what it is and it is not going to change just because you refuse to accept it.
  • 10-20-2013 12:03 PM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

Ok this thread does not need to turn into an argument.....I can see it coming already

To answer your point Tracy. I think we are looking at 2 different areas of hair. I was referring not to the hairline corners but to the points of the temples themselves, & below (down to the sideburn area)
    See the guy yeahyeahyeah posted w/ the strong temple points....even if his hairline corners backed up to give him a more angular/mature look to his forehead, as long as his temple points stayed intact, he would still have a very good facial frame

Then look at the 2nd guy....an aggressive HT to restore his hairline would help but, if his temples stayed untouched, his facial frame would still be lacking. The line from his sideburn to his hairline corner is almost vertical....this is what I am referring to. This makes a major difference in appearance

This.

Really affects your side profile when you dont have them.
  • 10-20-2013 12:05 PM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

You will never get get over it if you continue to insist so belligerently on being so dead wrong about it. Barking at me IS NOT going to change reality. It is what it is and it is not going to change just because you refuse to accept it.

You shouldn't give people misinformation by saying "it happens to all men", I have posted pictures of 2 men, one has his temple points intact, the other doesn't. Incidentally, the second guy is balding.

The only reason why they dont do it is because of limited donor hair.
  • 10-20-2013 12:16 PM
    Tracy C
    Quote:

Misquoting me AGAIN!

You are such a belligerent lier. I DID NOT and NEVER HAVE said it happens to all men. I said it happens to most men, especially caucasian males, which is 100% true.
  • 10-20-2013 12:21 PM
    Tracy C
    Quote:

To answer your point Tracy. I think we are looking at 2 different areas of hair.

No. Maybe you but not Yeahyeahyeah. Yeahyeahyeah has a big fat hard on to bark at me for any possible reason, even if it means mis-reading what I have said and mis-quoting what I say.

To get on to your point, contact and interview a dozen hair restoration doctors about it. If you are talking about the area I am talking about (which is also the area Yeahyeahyeah is talking about), you will get the exact same answer from the doctors that I have given you.
  • 10-20-2013 12:21 PM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

You are such a belligerent lier. I DID NOT and NEVER HAVE said it happens to all men. I said it happens to most men, especially caucasian males, which is 100% true.

"It is because it does not look natural for males to retain a youthful hairline. It's as simple as that. However, if a male patient is trangendered the doctor will fill in the temples."

Well whatever, the statement above is untrue. Christiano Ronaldo looks amazing with his hairstyle. Ginobbli on the other hand looks like shit.
  • 10-20-2013 01:26 PM
    greatjob!
    To be fair Tracy, usually you're right about most things, but you're not entirely correct on this one. Most men do lose their temple points with age that is correct, but saying that the only way a doctor will restore your temple points is if you're transgender is just flat wrong.

The only factors that matter with temple points is if you have adequate donor supply and that your temple points won't recede further leaving a triangular island. Usually doctors won't restore the temple points until the very end of a restoration plan, but I have seen 100's of examples of temple point work and it is becoming more common, hell even Jotronic had his temple points worked on.
  • 10-20-2013 03:20 PM
    UK_
    Quote:

Omfg you're so dumb - just shut up please shut up.

Anyway.. guys I really agree with the importance of temple points.... Denzel Washington is nearly 60 and has intact temple points - he looks 20 years younger than his actual age.
  • 10-20-2013 03:30 PM
    ccmethinning
    Tracy is right, most caucasian males lost at least some of their temple points as they age.

I really wish people on this forum would stop constantly referencing Christianaldo Rinaldo's hair as if it is the norm - it's not.
  • 10-20-2013 03:36 PM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ccmethinning View Post
    Tracy is right, most caucasian males lost at least some of their temple points as they age.

I really wish people on this forum would stop constantly referencing Christianaldo Rinaldo's hair as if it is the norm - it's not.

I know PLENTY of guys that are older who have hair just as good as his. Both my work colleagues have a great set of hair and they are in their 30s.

Balding is a sign of bad genes.

Only because it's common does not make it OK.
  • 10-20-2013 03:36 PM
    Dan26
    id donor regenerates we can have our precious temple pointz muahahahaaha

it is true, you seldom see guys over 35 that can rock those kind go young dude harcuts ie faugh hauk, buzzed sides long top etc

but temple recession does make the forehead look odd, and like 25 goin on pointed on, which is a great point, you can have those temple points and be likt a nw2 and it still boosts ur appearance. u dont have to be nw0 juvenile hairline or anythig
  • 10-20-2013 03:53 PM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Omfg you're so dumb - just shut up please shut up.

Anyway.. guys I really agree with the importance of temple points.... Denzel Washington is nearly 60 and has intact temple points - he looks 20 years younger than his actual age.

Morgan Freeman is 76 and his are still intact :D
  • 10-20-2013 05:01 PM
    drybone
    If you get your temples filled in, your forehead shirnks, and your shoulders look bigger. You look younger.

In fact, guys who are BALD on top but temples at the sides are filled in still somehow look more symmetrical

I just had my second HT and I got even more temple hair filled in

[IMG]http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/...ps546a0313.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/...ps894c1f6b.jpg[/IMG]
  • 10-20-2013 05:23 PM
    Dan26
    ^^^yes this is what ive been saying, even a buzzed head nw3+ would look much better with filled in temples..

i even made a topic askign surgoens if they would do that, and why not? what is to lose, as long as its FUE? u end up losing more and shaving it still looks better
  • 10-20-2013 05:25 PM
    ccmethinning
    Quote:

I know PLENTY of guys that are older who have hair just as good as his. Both my work colleagues have a great set of hair and they are in their 30s.

Balding is a sign of bad genes.

Only because it's common does not make it OK.

Anecdotes don't make a rule.
  • 10-20-2013 05:28 PM
    capitan
    This thread is making me feel better about my MPB.

I might by a NW2 at best but I got fabulous temple points. I've been taking them for granted, just tried imagining myself without them and my whole head looks bigger.
  • 10-20-2013 06:03 PM
    greatjob!
    Quote:

Anecdotes don't make a rule.

You can't reason with him, he lives in an alternate reality
  • 10-20-2013 08:03 PM
    PatientlyWaiting
    Quote:

If they have some form of MPB, yes their temples recede. Either that or, the person is 60+ yeas old.
  • 10-20-2013 09:02 PM
    Dan26
    Quote:

This thread is making me feel better about my MPB.

I might by a NW2 at best but I got fabulous temple points. I've been taking them for granted, just tried imagining myself without them and my whole head looks bigger.

If you notice them starting to go, hit em with a topical AA (ie RU)...fin doesn't always save the temples and hairline recession.
  • 10-20-2013 09:30 PM
    burtandernie
    Quote:

This NW 0 though is what some guys want and I think its understandable since its the ideal hair with zero loss. If you want the more common rounded hair with some hair loss then fine that should be your option though not forced upon someone with the excuse that most men simply get it. If the point is trying to stop hair loss and get back more hair then the end goal is perfection which is NW 0 before you lost any hair at all which for some men is this NW 0 even if most adult men have some baldness.
    I do know some men that have no MPB that do not have any temple recession or mature hairlines they have what I had when I was 18 perfect hair. Saying most men bald to some degree and saying who cares because its common we may as well say who cares about baldness in general if most men go bald whether its NW 2 or NW 7 if whether its common or not is the threshold for accepting it
  • 10-20-2013 09:34 PM
    burtandernie
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    If you notice them starting to go, hit em with a topical AA (ie RU)...fin doesn't always save the temples and hairline recession.

I would try CB before RU but neither one is safe to use because they were never fully studied hence never FDA approved. I wish we had CB because targeting receptors might actually stop MPB especially if combined with fin or dut might stop MPB completely.
  • 10-20-2013 09:41 PM
    capitan
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post

What makes you say Fin doesn't always save temples and hairline recession?

And why would RU work instead?

If I were to go with a topical it would be RU, however.
  • 10-20-2013 09:54 PM
    Dan26
    Quote:

What makes you say Fin doesn't always save temples and hairline recession?

And why would RU work instead?

If I were to go with a topical it would be RU, however.

Some will say otherwise, but Testosterone also effects hairloss, specifically the hairline/temple region. Your T raises while on fin so it can become even more of an issue. Not saying this will happen to you, but if you end up being someone who maintains well on fin in the crown/vxerte, but still experiences further recession (happens to a lot), RU stops both T and DHT at the AR(androgen receptor).
  • 10-20-2013 09:59 PM
    burtandernie
    Yeah the latest buzzword is always DHT this or that because that is all anyone knows about. DHT is just one form of a potent male androgen of which T is much more abundant. If men with MPB have higher receptor counts then men without as claimed by cosmo website that make CB 03 01 then T must also harm your hair.
    The only big problem with RU is safey, vehicle, and getting consistently pure batches of it which means a reliable source to buy it from. I worry a lot about that with experimental chemicals that were never fully studied. Yes RU has some studies, but it was never released to the public for reasons.
  • 10-20-2013 10:51 PM
    capitan
    I've read of many guys using RU with good results, and they go into pretty explicit detail on how they went about it so I don't think the "how-to" would become a problem.

Where is there any evidence that Testosterone causes hair loss specifically in the hairline region?

I'm not debating you guys, I genuinely want to read about this!
  • 10-21-2013 05:53 AM
    DAVE52
    Quote:

Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    This NW 0 though is what some guys want and I think its understandable since its the ideal hair with zero loss. If you want the more common rounded hair with some hair loss then fine that should be your option though not forced upon someone with the excuse that most men simply get it. If the point is trying to stop hair loss and get back more hair then the end goal is perfection which is NW 0 before you lost any hair at all which for some men is this NW 0 even if most adult men have some baldness.

Even with a HT , do you not think that a NW 0 is impossible to achieve , as we only have so much hair

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

How do project management consulting firms manage?
10-12-2023 06:15 AM
Last Post By Rodneyy
Yesterday 04:02 PM
Sun Exposure after Hair Transplant
02-26-2009 02:36 PM
Last Post By gisecit34
Yesterday 03:47 AM
Hair Loss - Who Do You Talk To? - The Bald Truth For May 10th, 2024
05-10-2024 01:28 PM
Last Post By JoeTillman
05-10-2024 01:28 PM
How we do hairline femininization with interview Dr. Lindsey