• Aug 2011

Originally posted by ccmethinning
    Anecdotes don't make a rule.
    You can't reason with him, he lives in an alternate reality

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Tracy C
      Actually, it is not wrong. It is completely normal for males who are not balding to lose their temple hair. Whether you like it or not, or accept it or not, that is the honest truth about it. That is the reason why hair restoration doctors typically will not restore the temples for a male unless he is transgendered.

It is because it does not look natural for males to retain a youthful hairline. It's as simple as that. However, if a male patient is trangendered the doctor will fill in the temples.

If you would take the time to interview dozens of reputable hair restoration doctors about it, they will give you the exact same answer I just gave you. So don't beat me up for telling you the truth about it. I did not write the guidelines, I'm just telling you what they are.
      If they have some form of MPB, yes their temples recede. Either that or, the person is 60+ yeas old.

Comment

• Dan26
        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by capitan
        This thread is making me feel better about my MPB.

I might by a NW2 at best but I got fabulous temple points. I've been taking them for granted, just tried imagining myself without them and my whole head looks bigger.
        If you notice them starting to go, hit em with a topical AA (ie RU)...fin doesn't always save the temples and hairline recession.

Comment

• burtandernie
          • Nov 2012

Originally posted by ccmethinning
          Tracy is right, most caucasian males lost at least some of their temple points as they age.

I really wish people on this forum would stop constantly referencing Christianaldo Rinaldo's hair as if it is the norm - it's not.
          This NW 0 though is what some guys want and I think its understandable since its the ideal hair with zero loss. If you want the more common rounded hair with some hair loss then fine that should be your option though not forced upon someone with the excuse that most men simply get it. If the point is trying to stop hair loss and get back more hair then the end goal is perfection which is NW 0 before you lost any hair at all which for some men is this NW 0 even if most adult men have some baldness.
          I do know some men that have no MPB that do not have any temple recession or mature hairlines they have what I had when I was 18 perfect hair. Saying most men bald to some degree and saying who cares because its common we may as well say who cares about baldness in general if most men go bald whether its NW 2 or NW 7 if whether its common or not is the threshold for accepting it

Comment

• burtandernie
            • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Dan26
            If you notice them starting to go, hit em with a topical AA (ie RU)...fin doesn't always save the temples and hairline recession.
            I would try CB before RU but neither one is safe to use because they were never fully studied hence never FDA approved. I wish we had CB because targeting receptors might actually stop MPB especially if combined with fin or dut might stop MPB completely.

Comment

• capitan
              • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Dan26
              What makes you say Fin doesn't always save temples and hairline recession?

And why would RU work instead?

If I were to go with a topical it would be RU, however.

Comment

• Dan26
                • Jul 2012

Originally posted by capitan
                What makes you say Fin doesn't always save temples and hairline recession?

And why would RU work instead?

If I were to go with a topical it would be RU, however.
                Some will say otherwise, but Testosterone also effects hairloss, specifically the hairline/temple region. Your T raises while on fin so it can become even more of an issue. Not saying this will happen to you, but if you end up being someone who maintains well on fin in the crown/vxerte, but still experiences further recession (happens to a lot), RU stops both T and DHT at the AR(androgen receptor).

Comment

• burtandernie
                  • Nov 2012

Yeah the latest buzzword is always DHT this or that because that is all anyone knows about. DHT is just one form of a potent male androgen of which T is much more abundant. If men with MPB have higher receptor counts then men without as claimed by cosmo website that make CB 03 01 then T must also harm your hair.
                  The only big problem with RU is safey, vehicle, and getting consistently pure batches of it which means a reliable source to buy it from. I worry a lot about that with experimental chemicals that were never fully studied. Yes RU has some studies, but it was never released to the public for reasons.

Comment

• capitan
                    • Oct 2013

I've read of many guys using RU with good results, and they go into pretty explicit detail on how they went about it so I don't think the "how-to" would become a problem.

Where is there any evidence that Testosterone causes hair loss specifically in the hairline region?

I'm not debating you guys, I genuinely want to read about this!

Comment

• DAVE52
                      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by burtandernie
                      This NW 0 though is what some guys want and I think its understandable since its the ideal hair with zero loss. If you want the more common rounded hair with some hair loss then fine that should be your option though not forced upon someone with the excuse that most men simply get it. If the point is trying to stop hair loss and get back more hair then the end goal is perfection which is NW 0 before you lost any hair at all which for some men is this NW 0 even if most adult men have some baldness.
                      Even with a HT , do you not think that a NW 0 is impossible to achieve , as we only have so much hair

Comment

• didi
                        • Nov 2011

How about this

Comment

• UK_
                          • Feb 2011

^^^^Tracy C hair transplant

^^^^LOOOOL if Tracy C did hair transplants that's how her patients would end up looking... even if we had doubling/stem cells etc - she is so stupid - I dont know why she thinks she considers herself an authority on mens hair loss....

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by UK_
                            ^^^^LOOOOL if Tracy C did hair transplants that's how her patients would end up looking... even if we had doubling/stem cells etc - she is so stupid - I dont know why she thinks she considers herself an authority on mens hair loss....
                            She can be stubborn and as a rest annoying when she doesn't get her way.

Comment

• Kalio
                              • Aug 2013

I've never really thought about the way temple points frame one's face. This makes me wonder, since mine are fading a bit, would it be wise to apply minoxidil on the temple points and are there people here who have done so with positive results?

Comment

• win200
                                • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Kalio
                                I've never really thought about the way temple points frame one's face. This makes me wonder, since mine are fading a bit, would it be wise to apply minoxidil on the temple points and are there people here who have done so with positive results?
                                Question seconded. Mine are a touch soft, but not much; I've thought about whether minoxidil would help.

Comment

Working...