Started Finasteride, turned gay.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisis
    • Feb 2012

Highlander, putting pedophilia in the same context as homosexuality is extremely offensive and way out.

You're also wrong about the genetic basis for homosexuality. You need to study this topic before spouting off beliefs based on religious dogma.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by chrisis
      That figure is debatable. You can't boldly assert 2% when the studies don't even agree.
      How many of your 915 posts is talking about Finateride? I boldly say more than 2%.

You are on every finasteride thread possible, saying the same thing. You need to cool down.

Comment

• Tracy C
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Highlander
        Homosexuality is not a born-in trait.
        Yes it is. Just as heterosexuality is a born in trait.

And for your information, there are ways to change one's sexuality.
        No there isn't. Anyone who is telling you differently is lying.

The brainwashing you speak of does not work. It never did and it never will. All it does is drive "patients" to suicide. That quack Dr. Money found that out decades ago and tried to cover it up. Even now there are quacks like Dr. Money and toxic faith Bible thumping bigots who are trying to "repair" people - and killing many of them in the process.

And you wouldn't happen to be an atheist / non-Christian would you, Tracy?
        I am not an atheist. I believe in God. I just don't believe in or trust any organized religioun. The God I believe in has no room in his heart for the toxic faith hyporcratic Bible thumping bigotry organized religions want to dish out.

Just know, I'm watching you very closely.
        You can't be serious. You don't actually think that means anything to me do you?

Originally posted by chrisis
        Highlander, putting pedophilia in the same context as homosexuality is extremely offensive and way out.
        It is also deeply wrong. There is absolutely no correlation what so ever. Just the fear mongering of toxic faith hypocratic Bible thumping bigots.

Comment

• chrisis
          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting
          You are on every finasteride thread possible, saying the same thing. You need to cool down.
          Saying the truth? I was recently commended by a guy for offering a balanced view of the subject. Complain all you want, but I'm not going to be shut down and I don't understand why it bothers you that I offer my experience to people asking genuine questions before taking a drug that interferes with your hormonal system, potentially causing irreparable damage - FACT.

Comment

• chrisis
            • Feb 2012

By the way, the actual consensus is that sexuality is influenced by a mixture of genetic and environment factors.

Suggesting it's a black and white topic is downright idiotic and demonstrates either a lack of understanding about sexuality, bigotry or both.

Comment

• BaldinLikeBaldwin
              • Apr 2012

fwiw I find Chrisis has a fairly balanced view on finasteride all things considered even though just a few months ago it seeemed more like borderline scaremongering

I'm also glad he has changed his avatar because his old one was freaking me out

Comment

• dex89
                • Jul 2012

Hello OP, I've peen taking propecia for 13 months now, I had side effect for the first 3 months but after that I'm back to normal. I actually think I'm a lot hornier, and my penis grew about an inch bigger.(not Joking)

Comment

• Jan 2012

Don't ever speak to me again.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting
                    How many of your 915 posts is talking about Finateride? I boldly say more than 2%.

I wonder why propecia had to have such BS potential sides to begin with.

Would have been better if the sides were something more minor - headache or some shit.

Comment

• BGP
                      • Aug 2012

Thanks for your input ladies and gents. I think I'll go ahead with the gradual increase in dosage shortly after I get my blood tests done.

Comment

• chrisis
                        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by yeahyeahyeah

Would have been better if the sides were something more minor - headache or some shit.
                        It's because it works by interfering with the male hormonal system, which is responsible for sexual health.

Comment

• gutted
                          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by yeahyeahyeah

it just goes to show how useless of a treatment finerstride is.

Comment

• mathmoose
                            • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Tracy C
                            At this time I have reason to believe those men who are using it for their hair line only are at higher risk of experiencing the possible negative side effects.
                            Hi Tracy,

What makes you say this?

Thanks

Comment

• Tracy C
                              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by mathmoose
                              What makes you say this?
                              Before joining this forum, I knew several guys who are taking Finasteride and none of them have experienced the possible negative side effects. Most of those guys are taking the 5mg dose for their prostate but they all also have moderate male pattern hair loss (NW3, NW4 & NW5) or worse.

Since joining this forum I have read many post from younger guys who have mild male pattern hair loss (NW2) and I observed that these folks complain about side effects more than the NW3's NW4's or NW5's. There are also many posts from young guys who do not have MPB but want to stop, prevent and reverse their adult mature male hair lines. These are the guys who complain about side effects the most.

Unfortunately at this time I do need to point out that the words some, most and all do not mean the same thing. I need to do this because there are some readers here who insist on using these words interchangeably as if they do mean the same thing, especially when they are reading posts that I have written.

Anyways, to get back on subject. Another poster pointed this observation out so I started paying more attention to it. I think that it is reasonably safe to theorize that the less a male needs this medication, the more likely he is to experience the possible negative side effects. The more posts I read and the more I learn about the posters themselves, the more this seems to be the case. I feel this observation is significant enough to consider it as a possible explanation for the dramatic rise in complaints about Finasteride.

Please note that I cannot take credit for this observation. Another member made it and I just confirmed it through my own observations. That other member did not want me to say who he is.

Comment

• Tracy C
                                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by gutted
                                it just goes to show how useless of a treatment finerstride is.
                                This statement is completely false.

Comment

Working...