Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phatalis
    • Dec 2009

Could a surgeon technically...

...take all the hair from the sides and back of your head and place it on top?

I mean worst case scenario.. a person is completely bald on top... couldn't they take it all from the sides and back and put it up top?

At least like this someone could go for the closely shaved cop haircut... if you catch my drift.

My look funny... but this is just a hypothetical.
  • Delphi
    • Mar 2009

You can’t take all of the hair from the sides and back without showing all of the scars. Even if you do FUE this is impossible, sorry.

Comment

• Fixed by 35
      • Mar 2010

Hmmm... but you could wear a wig on the back and sides. No one would suspect the toupee being there instead of on top!

On a more serious note though, this could be plausible in the near future with the new cosmetic surgery available for scarring. But you'd look like Henry V for the rest of your life, which isn't all that great.

Comment

• Dr. Glenn Charles
        IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
        • Nov 2008

Not sure exactly what you are asking, but it does not sound very realistic. Cosmetic surgery is all about expectations, and the doctor should explain to every patient what the possibilities are ( good and bad ). This way the patients expectations will more likely match the results.
        Dr. Glenn Charles
        Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
        View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

Working...