Frontal fibrosing alopecia?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ziggyz123
    replied
    Dr. Rashid, quick question. I seem to have increased body hair growth while on propecia for 1yr and 9 months.. Have you heard of this? I thought increased body hair was due to dht? I grew knuckle hair, more leg hair, and some chest..

    Leave a comment:


  • FeelsBad
    replied
    I have the same, Ziggy. It sucks

    Leave a comment:


  • Ziggyz123
    replied
    Dr. Rashid, when this pain happened in my scalp, I had small raised skin colored bumps at my widows peak.. I asked about hyperkeratosis and my dermatologist said that it doesn't exist and that he didn't recognize it. The weird thing is, when I was getting this itching and inflammation, I noticed a bump on my head behind my hairline which he said was a keratosis and that they're normal.. It's just very odd that I'm taking finasteride for a year and out of nowhere all this happens on my scalp..

    I'll try and find a dermatologist I guess for a biopsy. It's unfortunate that it need to be taken from my hairline.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ziggyz123
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesst11
    doesn't this happen primarily in old women? is there something you're not telling us Ziggy? haha

    Yeah I realize that it happens in older women, but my description fits it extremely well.

    Dr. Rashid, what signs should I look for to confirm this?

    Leave a comment:


  • jamesst11
    replied
    doesn't this happen primarily in old women? is there something you're not telling us Ziggy? haha

    Leave a comment:


  • Ziggyz123
    started a topic Frontal fibrosing alopecia?

    Frontal fibrosing alopecia?

    Has anyone experienced this disorder? I've had a sore hairline since November and was thinking this could be why. It literally feels like it's bruised underneath the skin. I've taken fin for 1 yr and 9 months and this is getting out of control..
Working...