Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pablo
    • Jun 2009

what to expect from surgeon?

Hiya I am considering a hair transplant and would like to know how much involved surgeons get in the procedure? I have read some Dr's only do minimal amounts of extraction and creating recipient slits etc. Also some performing multiple procedures at the same time, going back and forth. I would be uncomfortable with only minimal amounts of work performed by the doctor I am buying into, and even more unhappy if I was not priority and there was another guy getting the same done in the next room!! How much attention should I expect from the doctor?
  • Dr. Glenn Charles
    IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
    • Nov 2008

I cannot answer for any ohter doctors. I can tell you that I generally do the anesthesia in the frontal area while I observe one of the surgical assistants applying anesthesia in the donor area. I make all the recipient sites which does determine the angle and direction that the hair will grow. I do some of the graft placement, and check every single graft for proper placement using magnifying loops before the procedure is over. I personally review your post operative instructions with you before leaving the clinic, and call you that evening to make sure everything is ok. I prefer to only perform a single procedure each day. The only time we do more than one case is when the cases are very small or one of the cases is a eyebrow, scar revision, or a revision/ repair.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

• thejack
      • Dec 2009

In an FUE procedure Dr charles should the doctor be extracting the grafts also?or is it fine for a technician to do this? Thank you

Comment

• Dr. Glenn Charles
        IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
        • Nov 2008

I prefer to extract the FUE's myself. However, with an adaquate amount of training some surgical assistants/technicians can become very good at performing FUE.
        Dr. Glenn Charles
        Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
        View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

• namratasnv
          • Feb 2010

I heard about this but don't know whether in India it is treated or not, but as you are saying then it should be a good process.

While, it can be done through some drugs which are very effective, like Propecia which you can order from any web site.

Comment

Working...