Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BradPiff
    • Sep 2009

accutane cause hair loss?

i took accutane when i was 16 for like 3 months. i neve really noticed my hair thinning till i was like 18. and it is severly thinning at the age of 22 rite now. do you think it was a result from taking of accutane? or is it just natural?
  • Jotronic
    • Nov 2008

Hey Brad,

Taking Accutane will not cause loss years later. If you experience loss from Accutane it will be within a few months that you notice hair loss. Any loss you are experiencing now is most likely genetically induced MPB. If you haven't already you should speak to your doctor about Propecia to slow or stop your loss.
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

Comment

• Delphi
      • Mar 2009

Yeah, you probably just started to thin at 18. If it were the accutane you would have noticed shedding in a few months.

Comment

• heynow1234
        • Jan 2009

Hey i am no expert on this, but I know for a fact that I read somewhere that accutane can be a cause hairloss even years after taking it. So i think it may possible. Take what I am saying with a grain of salt becuase I have never taken accutane and I really dont know much about it, but when I saw your post I immediatly remembered reading about that before.

Comment

• namratasnv
          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Jotronic
          Hey Brad,

Taking Accutane will not cause loss years later. If you experience loss from Accutane it will be within a few months that you notice hair loss. Any loss you are experiencing now is most likely genetically induced MPB. If you haven't already you should speak to your doctor about Propecia to slow or stop your loss.
          Hi,

According to me, it is like you should consult your doctor for Propecia as, it is a very good medicine for hair loss and it is very light as I have heard that it should be taken for at least 8 months.

You can consult your doctor for the doses.

Thanks

Comment

Working...