Is it true that excessive mastubration caused hairloss?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tekidanto
    • Sep 2009

Is it true that excessive mastubration caused hairloss?

I guess if I want to know the answer I had to tell you the truth. This is very embarrassing for me. But anyways. I've been masturbating since I was 10~11. When I turned 15, I've been masturbating like almost single day and I masturbate twice a day when I'm 22. I'm 23 and I started to realize I've been losing my hair when I was 18.

My parents kept telling me it was genetic, but all my siblings still have their hair, and my dad still have it. I thought it was because I have scalp problem so what i did was to shave my head (three times!) but still no results. Now I come to the conclusion that it's because of the masturbation. It has been 2 1/2 weeks since I did it. I want to keep that for 1 year and hopefully my assumption is right.

Does anyone have the same situation as me??
  • Delphi
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Tekidanto
    I guess if I want to know the answer I had to tell you the truth. This is very embarrassing for me. But anyways. I've been masturbating since I was 10~11. When I turned 15, I've been masturbating like almost single day and I masturbate twice a day when I'm 22. I'm 23 and I started to realize I've been losing my hair when I was 18.

My parents kept telling me it was genetic, but all my siblings still have their hair, and my dad still have it. I thought it was because I have scalp problem so what i did was to shave my head (three times!) but still no results. Now I come to the conclusion that it's because of the masturbation. It has been 2 1/2 weeks since I did it. I want to keep that for 1 year and hopefully my assumption is right.

Does anyone have the same situation as me??
    This is a complete fallacy! A myth, an urban legend. Masturbation will not cause hair loss, will not make you go blind, or grow hair on your palms!

Comment

• Dr. Glenn Charles
      IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
      • Nov 2008

I have never heard of masturbation causing hair loss.You may want to consider seeing a hair transplant surgeon for a consultation. Have you thought about taking Propecia to prevent further hair loss? Remember genetic hair loss ( Male Pattern Baldness ) can skip generations. Just because none of your siblings or father has hair loss does not mean that your hair loss is not genetic.
      Dr. Glenn Charles
      Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
      View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

• Spex
        Dr Representative
        • Nov 2008

Got to agree - a myth. My sisters husband has a full head of hair and he is a complete wanker!
        Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

Working...