I don't want to wait 1 year to see my HT results!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • custards
    • Sep 2012

It makes people look older, which doesn't sound good, but when you consider that almost everybody in the world looks much worse than their own wishful self-image it's a great leveller. I've found that people are more open and comfortable around me when my own flaws are as obvious as theirs.

In many careers it's an advantage to look mature as long as you've got the ability to match it. People instinctively take you more seriously.

Similarly in personal interactions people more readily grant you respect as long as you've got the character to match it and are comfortable in your own skin.

So it's not all bad, but it does really suck losing years of looking young and cool while goofing around in your 20s. But oh well they would've gone by in a flash anyway.

Comment

• DAVE52
      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Baldnessfalls
      I'm very impatient when it comes to this. I think I might be getting a HT next month (ugghh, I wish it was tomorrow!). I'm 22,!
      too young. The Dr should refuse to perform the surgery

Comment

• DAVE52
        • Sep 2010

! I don't give a **** if a HT causes my head to look ****ed up in the future (which it won't). I want my good looks to be NOW!
        See. You're not thinking long term

The decsion you may make today, at 22, may very well come back to haunt you later in life .

Hair loss is progressive .

Keep in mind that you will continue to lose your original (non-transplanted) hair and that you may need further hair transplant surgery ( maybe more than just 1 or 2 )

Comment

• clandestine
          • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Tracy C
          Guys in their 40's and 50's who are bothered by their hair loss are just as bothered as guys in their 20's are bothered by their hair loss. The age discrimination thing does not fly.
          No.

10charblock.

Comment

• Baldnessfalls
            • Jul 2012

The doctor is not going to put his reputation and status on the line people. I know what I'm doing!

Comment

• DAVE52
              • Sep 2010

Who is the doctor?

Comment

• Tracy C
                • Sep 2011

The doctor is not going to put his reputation and status on the line people. I know what I'm doing!
                Who is the doctor? Really, this is important. Who is the doctor?

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                  • Dec 2012

man you are 22 I'm 20 and in 2 years I may be in your situation....but if I were you...the ONLY transplant I would get at your age is one from Dr. Coen Gho...because of 1 reason only, it is scarless. So if you have excessive hairloss down the line you can shave it off and not have to worry

Comment

• dex89
                    • Jul 2012

I'll be looking forward to your HT, please post pictures once you have done your procedure.

Comment

• Tracy C
                      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
                      ...because of 1 reason only, it is scarless.
                      There is no such thing as scarless hair transplant surgery. Even Dr. Gho knows that.

Comment

• Tracy C
                        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by dex89
                        ...please post pictures once you have done your procedure.
                        In this specific situation, it would be more valuable and important for him to post good quality pictures BEFORE he has hair transplant surgery.

Baldnessfalls could be making a very big mistake that is going to haunt him for the rest of his life - and so might you. Show us good quality pictures of what's bugging you about your hair.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                          • Dec 2012

There is no such thing as scarless hair transplant surgery. Even Dr. Gho knows that.
                          Okay Tracy if you want to get all technical fine...but the scaring is so minimal that you can shave your head and it won't be noticeable that you had surgery.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                            • Dec 2012

not to mention in the next five years there will be better medical treatments available and in 10 years hair cloning

Comment

• Tracy C
                              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
                              not to mention in the next five years there will be better medical treatments available and in 10 years hair cloning
                              Then why rush into surgery?

Personally, I feel better treatments will be available sooner than five years - but that's just me.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                                • Dec 2012

Then why rush into surgery?

Personally, I feel better treatments will be available sooner than five years - but that's just me.
                                I agree with you on that, but I was kind of going worst case scenario at 5 years...but something you have to understand is..we are young..and yes having a freaking gash cut out of our heads when we can and will lose a lot more hair in our lives is stupid if we cannot afford to continue paying for hair transplants..

but what I'm getting at is..low-mid 20's us men are trying to look our best and find a wife and have a good time...so it is vital to us to have our hair now...

as for me..if/when my loss continues and is noticeable..I will go to Gho and continue to fight this battle as long as I can..and in 10 years if we are at were we are today and I can't afford to go to Gho until I have a full head of hear..then I shave it all off..

but I agree with tracy definitely don't do an FUT or even FUE at this stage..I would either do CIT or HST...ONLY

Comment

Working...