Finasteride has destroyed my entire life

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ulanude
    • Dec 2011

myself i stopped propecia long time ago. testosteron levels were higher than norm when analyzed. and yes i suffered the sides. once dropped thing got back to normal within ca. 6 month. I was lucky that i stopped early enough before sides became irreversible (but then again who knows what else will come long-term). stay away if you can is my advice. better natural options and topicals.

Comment

• BigThinker
      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by ulanude
      stay away if you can is my advice. better natural options and topicals.

That just simply isn't true.

Sorry for your sides, but I'm absolutely taking finasteride.

Comment

• Misery
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by BigThinker

That just simply isn't true.

Sorry for your sides, but I'm absolutely taking finasteride.
        I'm living proof that 'natural', just does NOT work. I so wish it did, like many on here, Well everyone actually. I'm not on Fin either. And I'm not saying you HAVE to take it, but it's just my experience with 'Natural'.

Things like Vitamins and that con Nourkrin or Viviscal or whatever they want to call it this week, £50GB a month for absolute rubbish. I was taken in, conned. used it for couple of years. Did nothing. Same as the shampoos like that rubbish Alpecin. Saw Palmetto. Biotin, Mega strength B Complex, Multi Vits, I've tried EVERYTHING!!!! Honestly. Everything in my power to avoid using chemical, but no matter who you are it will catch you in the end if you are trying to stop hairloss now. I'm sick to my stomach of watching hair fall out and looking in the mirror. It's a toss up to how stressed you are and if it's interfering with your every day life, to chancing the Fin. It's all personal choice at the end of the day. Or HT. But is there anyone on here who has had a HT that isn't still on something anyway?

Comment

• drybone
          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Misery
          I'm living proof that 'natural', just does NOT work. I so wish it did, like many on here, Well everyone actually. I'm not on Fin either. And I'm not saying you HAVE to take it, but it's just my experience with 'Natural'.

Things like Vitamins and that con Nourkrin or Viviscal or whatever they want to call it this week, £50GB a month for absolute rubbish. I was taken in, conned. used it for couple of years. Did nothing. Same as the shampoos like that rubbish Alpecin. Saw Palmetto. Biotin, Mega strength B Complex, Multi Vits, I've tried EVERYTHING!!!! Honestly. Everything in my power to avoid using chemical, but no matter who you are it will catch you in the end if you are trying to stop hairloss now. I'm sick to my stomach of watching hair fall out and looking in the mirror. It's a toss up to how stressed you are and if it's interfering with your every day life, to chancing the Fin. It's all personal choice at the end of the day. Or HT. But is there anyone on here who has had a HT that isn't still on something anyway?
          I was never sold on meds but then again I started on this journey in 1986.

Back then propecia was a GIMMICK. Same with Rogaine. Back then they were trying to hawk 'hair systems' . I even went to an appointment with one guy. Its just fake hair thats clipped onto your head. Its actually funny in hindsight but it was state of the art back then.

Now finally after I went ahead with the HT, i was still ignoring any other meds after 25 years. But now there has been 25 years of research behind the products.

And I found over and over that the studies behind both Rogaine and Finasteride were positive. There is risk of side effects, and no guarantee it will work to our satisfaction.

however, NOTHING is guaranteed in life to work to our satisfaction.

We have to find out for ourselves.

Comment

• Misery
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by drybone
            I was never sold on meds but then again I started on this journey in 1986.

Back then propecia was a GIMMICK. Same with Rogaine. Back then they were trying to hawk 'hair systems' . I even went to an appointment with one guy. Its just fake hair thats clipped onto your head. Its actually funny in hindsight but it was state of the art back then.

Now finally after I went ahead with the HT, i was still ignoring any other meds after 25 years. But now there has been 25 years of research behind the products.

And I found over and over that the studies behind both Rogaine and Finasteride were positive. There is risk of side effects, and no guarantee it will work to our satisfaction.

however, NOTHING is guaranteed in life to work to our satisfaction.

We have to find out for ourselves.
            Yep, can't argue with that!

Oh I did Silica too, did I mention that one?! That was crap too!

Comment

• BigThinker
              • Oct 2012

Well said, drybone. That's why we have to be able to find peace within ourselves regardless of whether the treatments work. Further, we should only be messing with treatments that are scientifically sound (not knocking experimental treatments, necessarily).

Misery: Right on, man. That dude advising people use natural treatments exclusively is being irresponsible and could cost some dudes precious time starting real treatments (just like I have wasted 6 months, though largely spent informing myself and watching my hair pattern develop/deteriorate).

To both of you: I'm sure you've got be annoyed that months or even years were lost waiting for a real treatment, or to wait for a natural option to fail you first. Glad to read posts from two level-headed dudes. Wish I could just push a button to ignore half the irrational turds that post on here.

Comment

• drybone
                • Dec 2012

I have never encountered the amount of trolls on a chat site that I have here.

I couldnt figure it out for the longest time but I think some are frustrated because whatever they tried failed, or they waited until they were bald to act .

I waited decades, but only because my hair was falling out so slowly. If it was faster I would have got here faster.

And yeah, it sucked i didnt just bite the bullet and try the fin years ago but hey, i still got a good chunk of hair left. The HT has been good .

I like it when people are positive

Whats the point of coming here to rain on everyone parade and tell them their doomed

Comment

• Dan26
                  • Jul 2012

If you are not willing to take fin (I am not personally), and you are determined to save your hair, start researching experimental products. Read the clinical studies...and in some cases (for the ones that have them), the clinical trials

It is worth it!

Comment

• Assemblage23
                    • Aug 2009

At Examiner.com™ we help you excel personal finance, boost income, invest wisely, travel smart, reach financial freedom faster, and enjoy life on a budget.

I am about to restart I think

Comment

• BigThinker
                      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Assemblage23
                      I've stumbled across that article (propaganda) before. I like they set the initial tone as this kid being some all-American boy, or "young Tom Hanks" (haha, wow).

"Meanwhile, as is frequently the case with PFS patients, Garner's girlfriend had dumped him in the wake of his sexual dysfunction." lolwut. I won't bother explaining how ridiculous of a claim that is.

The author of that article is an obese turd (see his picture at the bottom of the article).

Here's the thread where objective-less Dr. was interviewed about his studies: http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=4936 Note: I love how a handful of fear mongers flocked and blew it up with assumption-ridden nonsense. They also made absurd claims about Spencer having vested interest in Merck and tried to discredit him, when all I hear is an honest person digging deep and asking educated, penetrating questions.

Dr. Irwing's studies are so riddled with bias it actually blows my mind (and, no controls, dafuq?). And, if anyone is familiar with the hierarchy of objectivity in types of scientific studies, they would know that all the RCT trials trump this fool's retrospective cohort/interview studies. The only reason this quack's studies were published is because he is associated with GWU and produced egregious, eye-catching results (which makes a study infinitely more likely to get published, for you guys not in the know).

Here's a video the "doctor" put out almost two years ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAZ3-t7vJeg Oh, that's weird, it's hosted by propeciahelp.com. And, if you go through the comments, every guy who says they have not had sides with finasteride get's down-voted until his comment is hidden.

Every single site I run into that is on the anti-fin side of the fence is so flamboyant and out-spoken. Further, the only studies they can reference is Dr. Irvin's (if you want to call those studies).

Anyone with an ounce of integrity and scientific background can see right through this.

I'm days away from starting finasteride, and couldn't be more excited.

Comment

• Assemblage23
                        • Aug 2009

yes this sounds fishy but still I'm sure many of the horror stories are real not everyone reacts the same way to hormonal manipulation. I think I am gonna restart as well. I was expecting a surge of hornyness and I barely felt a small libido increase. My hair is still worth keeping if topik does a good job.

Comment

• BigThinker
                          • Oct 2012

yes this sounds fishy but still I'm sure many of the horror stories are real not everyone reacts the same way to hormonal manipulation. I think I am gonna restart as well. I was expecting a surge of hornyness and I barely felt a small libido increase. My hair is still worth keeping if topik does a good job.
                          Yeah. My apologies: I don't mean to undermine the side effects. Obviously, messing with your hormones can potentially lead to sides. I'm not trying to brush that under the rug.

I just can't take anyone serious who says they have serious sides, because their verbiage and demeanor are always so abrasive and almost always incoherent.

I hope your sides subside and your hair turns out well.

Comment

• dex89
                            • Jul 2012

"Propecia shrinks genitals of aspiring young teacher"

I call BS on this, haha dear god. Anyway, I stumble upon a great find, for those who are going threw ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION, this might help you.

Comment

• drybone
                              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by dex89
                              "Propecia shrinks genitals of aspiring young teacher"

I call BS on this, haha dear god. Anyway, I stumble upon a great find, for those who are going threw ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION, this might help you.

http://www.pegym.com/penis-exercises...rcises-for-men
                              Poor guy. He was the size of a salami before and now a pencil.

Why doesnt he take those male 'enhancement' pills to counteract the effects

Comment

• drybone
                                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by BigThinker

I'm days away from starting finasteride, and couldn't be more excited.
                                3 weeks now no sides whatsoever

Havent noticed any extra shedding but maybe im not paying attention.

Comment

Working...