Is this Telogen Effluvium or MPB?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • This Sucks
    replied
    Originally posted by Thinning87
    Hey man

    I am not the most knowledgeable person (and by the way a dermatologist is the best person to diagnose your condition so maybe just get a second opinion (I saw 3 dermatologists before starting a regimen)).

    But it looks like you are in the same condition I was 8 months ago when I first found out about my MPB. I was 24 and had mild general thinning, with one temple being a thinner than the rest and everything being pretty much unnoticeable.

    Regardless of what anyone will say here, definitely go get a second opinion from another dermatologist, and do keep in mind that it normally takes them about 20 seconds looking through your hair to determine what is going on.

    Do you know anything about the bald line in the back of my head?

    I feel like every picture I look at online the person is balding in a little circle on the crown of their head but with me it seems its just a line.

    Thats why I was wondering if maybe Telogen Effluvium was involved because I feel like if all that does is shed hair all over maybe it would cause the part in the back of my head to appear wider than normal.


    I've attached another photo. It is hard to tell but that line goes all the way down the back of my head.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Thinning87
    replied
    Hey man

    I am not the most knowledgeable person (and by the way a dermatologist is the best person to diagnose your condition so maybe just get a second opinion (I saw 3 dermatologists before starting a regimen)).

    But it looks like you are in the same condition I was 8 months ago when I first found out about my MPB. I was 24 and had mild general thinning, with one temple being a thinner than the rest and everything being pretty much unnoticeable.

    Regardless of what anyone will say here, definitely go get a second opinion from another dermatologist, and do keep in mind that it normally takes them about 20 seconds looking through your hair to determine what is going on.

    Leave a comment:


  • This Sucks
    started a topic Is this Telogen Effluvium or MPB?

    Is this Telogen Effluvium or MPB?

    I am 21 and took accutane about a year and a half ago. I got off of accutane after only about 2.5 months because of headaches and neckaches (i still get neckaches). A few months after stopping it I noticed I was shedding more hair.

    One side of my hairline seems to have receded a bit and the other maybe a little bit.

    I have two questions about my hairloss

    1. Is it normal with MPB too have hair loss on the side of the head too? You can see what I'm talking about in my pictures. maybe I'm just thinking too much but I feel like I have less hair there now.

    2. I started taking generic rogaine about 3 or 4 months ago. Even though I didn't have any hairloss that I knew of on my crown I still applied it there just in case. Recently I've noticed on the crown of my head rather than a bald area it seems to just be a line. The line is always there so I'm pretty sure its not just the way my hair was brushed. I've included pictures of that too.


    I went to my dermatologist and she didn't even look at my head, she just prescribed me finasteride which I would rather not take if there is a chance this hairloss will stop.

    sorry for the blurry pics
    Attached Files
Working...