X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jfox223
    • Sep 2012

22 year old - stage?

Hi all,

I'm a 22 year old guy whose growing increasingly concerned about his hairline. My parents say it looks the same as it did when I was small but I consider that bogus given how obvious the severity of the recession happens to be.

Just last Thursday I received perhaps the worst haircut of my life, where the barber thinned and shortened the front of my hair ridiculously, meaning it sort of accentuates the recession on the right hand side. Still, however, I think the actual shape of the hairline is far more obvious. It's highly asymmetrical, growth patterns I've seen in early pictures, but the temple regions are quite eroded...makes me look like an old man: hairline and haircut!!

Anyhow, does anyone here have any thoughts. I've attempted suicide three times over this so I just need verrry candid, unsweetened observations from you guys. I've attached pics for your convenience, but beware how unflattering they are! If I had to guess, I'd say 2.5-3 but it's hard to be sure. I'm finding it increasingly hard to conceal and just about impossible with this bloomin' haircut!
    Attached Files
  • jfox223
    • Sep 2012

?

Comment

• Jazz1
      Inactive
      • Aug 2012

Right I can see your concerns and I wouldn't attemp suicide again as your now in the right place .

3 things that do work,

1. Finesteride
      2. Minoxidil
      3. Regenepure Dr and Nt.

See my thread .

Ok firstly my names jazz iv been on here for a while and great forum I decided to create a thread on my success in hairloss. I'm creating this progress thread and will be updating more pictures as I get more regrowth, there's loads more hair coming so I thought I'd make a progress thread. Not going into too much detail but il

Comment

• jfox223
        • Sep 2012

Thank you Jazz1 I've heard of the first two, but Regenepure is new to me! Will have a look

Anyone else feel like contributing? The forum's awfully quiet...

Comment

• nyjrb
          • Sep 2014

I don't really see anything wrong with your hairline. Yes, you have a bit recession on the temples, but your hairline it self is still very thick. And never think of attempting suicide over your hair (or for any reason really,) I hate the thought that I'm losing my hair, but I would never consider suicide.

Comment

• ThinningHope
            • Jan 2013

I've had way shittier hair than you since I was 18. I'm almost 24 now. Yours really does not look bad, definitely not something to consider killing yourself over. My hair makes me feel miserable pretty much every day but I know that suicide would be a stupid route to take. Good luck figuring out the best way to handle this. Don't do anything stupid :/

Comment

• jfox223
              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by ThinningHope
              I've had way shittier hair than you since I was 18. I'm almost 24 now. Yours really does not look bad, definitely not something to consider killing yourself over. My hair makes me feel miserable pretty much every day but I know that suicide would be a stupid route to take. Good luck figuring out the best way to handle this. Don't do anything stupid :/
              Thank you, man It's nice to know other people out there are finding it difficult to cope. It wasn't even bothering me so much before the stupid haircut

Comment

• jfox223
                • Sep 2012

Anyone fancy hazarding a Norwood classification? I understand it can only ever be speculative, but nonetheless it's valuable as a means of gauging how other non-dermatologist people see it...

Comment

• ryan555
                  • Oct 2010

If you've attempted suicide three times because your temples have receded half a centimeter, hair loss may be the least of your problems.

Comment

• jfox223
                    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by ryan555
                    If you've attempted suicide three times because your temples have receded half a centimeter, hair loss may be the least of your problems.
                    It's surely far more than half a centimetre? And you're right, my mental issues are a problem but I'm still objectively convinced I've moved beyond a NW2.

Comment

• blondetooth
                      • Oct 2014

I would kill myself just to wear your thick head of hair one day in my open casket! Just take .25 fin per day. Minoxidil will cause your hair to.be dependent and it's inconvenient.

Comment

• JeanlucBergman
                        • Nov 2016

You're comfortably a Norwood 1 with no visible problems to worry about, a ever so slightly maturing hairline but no sign of male pattern baldness or diffuse thinning. Are you just here to piss people with ACTUAL hair loss problems off?

Comment

• Louish
                          • Aug 2015

Sorry but you are insane in the clinical sense of the term...

Comment

• baldbrah369
                            • Dec 2016

Dude get on minoxidil and fin asap. Dont listen to anyone on this forum!

I should have started treatment earlier but listened to these assholes trying to **** you over. Yes it sucks that we have to take it forever but either you start now or start later with less hair.. FFS. Not my life, I dont care, but thats my two cents!

Good luck dude.

Comment

• JeanlucBergman
                              • Nov 2016

He's a 22 year old without any signs of MPB whatsoever and yet he should spend $600 a year for the rest of his life on a drug that causes STRONG sexual sides in 10% of users and moderate side effects in about 30%, as well as a topical known to cause premature aging due to reducing collagen synthesis.

Nope, he should see a psychiatrist potentially and at MOST take Saw Palmetto and get on a keto shampoo. Good lord.

Comment

Working...