Dr Gho - 1250 grafts

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by gc83uk

IM what was the approx grafts per cm2 implanted, I'm guessing about 35 like most people?
    You can find the answer in the "HERE" link I posted ...

So if everything grows out what you can see in all the photos I posted in my previous post, you should see the same density as the implantation density and hairs/FU's with the same characteristics.

Comment

• gc83uk
      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by 534623
      You can find the answer in the "HERE" link I posted ...

So if everything grows out what you can see in all the photos I posted in my previous post, you should see the same density as the implantation density and hairs/FU's with the same characteristics.
      Ah yes I forgot about that thread. 60 per cm2 some might say. Probably closer to 45 - 50 per cm2 if I were a putting money on it!

So I take it you have some areas of your scalp which are slick or thinner than this sample area? Otherwise I don't know where your going to put these new grafts in December

Comment

• Oct 2011

Originally posted by gc83uk
        Ah yes I forgot about that thread. 60 per cm2 some might say. Probably closer to 45 - 50 per cm2 if I were a putting money on it!
        In the photos you can only see 1 quarter (0.25 cm&#178 of a whole cm².

So yeah - if you can count 10-12 grafts per 0.25 cm²/per photo, that means there are around 40-50 grafts/FU's per 1 cm². At least in the forelock area.

Or in simple words: I should see the same density in the forelock area after 9-12 month, as the density of grafts you can see in the photo of my last post (implantation photo).

At the moment (~4.5 month after) and according to the close-up photo I posted, when you also count all the growing "spider-hairs" (red arrows), that should be the case. That would mean 100% growth-rate in the recipient area.

Next week I will post a 5-month update photo. But don't expect...

...to see this!

Comment

• FearTheLoss
          • Dec 2012

lmao when will IronMan be the lion in the right photo?

Comment

• sanook
            • Jan 2012

is it ok to be using concealer 3 months after the procedure? I use a bit of dermmatch maybe 2 or 3 times a week...

Comment

• ITNEVERRAINS
              • Jun 2010

Sanook,

I'm at the 5 week mark from Dr Cole here in states. It was my 4th, and yes, this is the "thin stage". Hang in there. I did right at 1300, 387 to hairline and rest to crown/mid scalp.

Did Acell, Cole says he's getting about 40-50% regen from donor, has a new application method to Acell, hopes to get near Gho's numbers. He told me Gho's clinic would sell him their method for 50k, but Cole, like all doc's, has a little ego problem with this I believe.

Comment

• JJJJrS
                • Apr 2012

Originally posted by ITNEVERRAINS
                Did Acell, Cole says he's getting about 40-50% regen from donor, has a new application method to Acell, hopes to get near Gho's numbers. He told me Gho's clinic would sell him their method for 50k, but Cole, like all doc's, has a little ego problem with this I believe.
                Are you sure about that?

I remember last summer Dr. Cole said he was interested in learning Dr. Gho's technique and was willing to pay the $50k fee. According to Dr. Cole though, his office could never get a response from HASCI and from Spencer's most recent interview with Gho, it sounded like Dr. Gho was not really interested in sharing his technique with other established hair transplant doctors.

Now you're telling me that it's not Gho that's holding this back anymore, but Cole? If Gho is really willing to share his technique for $50k and Cole is not interested, than I think that would be very disappointing.

Comment

• Skywalker
                  • Oct 2010

Dr Coles's clinic seemed very negative about HASCI, I will be surprised if they work together.

Sanook, thanks for ther pictures, we very much appreciate the effort, I hope you keep posting

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                    • Dec 2012

can we get an update on this sanook?

Comment

• sanook
                      • Jan 2012

Sorry about the delay on follow up photos. I'm now at the 11 month mark and I have to say I have mixed feelings about the result. I'm happy an improvement has been made - the hairline has been lowered.However I'm considering going back for a 2nd procedure to double the density. Do you think that's achievable?

Any feedback appreciated.

All photos have been shot indoors with only natural light by a window.

Click photos for larger size:

Comment

• Oct 2011

I have just checked your before and graft placement photos on the first page of this thread...

Well I finally made it to Amsterdam and got the procedure done. They have a friendly and professional team here and they took good care of me. It's been a week since I had the procedure and I thought I better put some photos up. Here's a before shot: These are thumbnails (click to view full size) Recovery day 3:

For example, when you compare the following 2 photos ...

Graft placement

Result

... you got what you bought - without any doubts.

Furthermore, it appears that they also placed a good number of grafts ...

...into all other areas (where there are hairless gaps already) and not into the hairline and temple areas only.
                        How about aga-hairloss in general? Still progressing?

Anyway, of course, you can always get a higher density. With a 2nd procedure, simply fill up all the biggest gaps in the temple and front area to make everything more "even". And if AGA is not progrogressing dramatically, a 2nd treatment should improve or even fix the things.

Comment

• cocacola
                          • Feb 2013

looks like a good result to me

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by sanook
                            Sorry about the delay on follow up photos. I'm now at the 11 month mark and I have to say I have mixed feelings about the result. I'm happy an improvement has been made - the hairline has been lowered.However I'm considering going back for a 2nd procedure to double the density. Do you think that's achievable?

Any feedback appreciated.

All photos have been shot indoors with only natural light by a window.

Click photos for larger size:

Not dense enough.

Comment

• Johnny Fitness
                              • Dec 2013

Originally posted by yeahyeahyeah
                              Not dense enough.
                              It looks good to me but it's whatever you're happy with. A second procedure for density will def do it for you.

Comment

• win200
                                • Jul 2012

I'm in the "this needs to be denser" camp. Obviously it's a matter of personal taste, but I would find that unacceptably low. The design is good, but I would go back for another pass.

Comment

Working...