• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by drybone
    Hey Sanook.

Your hair looks great
    What the hell do you mean?
    Does it mean you don't like my full head of hair after 2 month??

Comment

• Boldy
      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by 534623
      looks great man!

Comment

• drybone
        • Dec 2012

Yeah, thats fantastic. Im almost on 3 months and I cant really how well off mine are.

But I am doing an entire photo series at 6 months to include pre surgery, surgery then 1 week 1 month 2 months etc........

Comment

• FearTheLoss
          • Dec 2012

Sanook I would very, very much appreciate it if you would post your 6 and 8 month results on here. I have loss relatively close to yours and your case may be the deciding factor for me to go to Gho for my hairline procedure..

Comment

• sanook
            • Jan 2012

Yes I most certainly will.

Update: I'm at 6 weeks now and i've noticed a few pimples in my recipient area. I've shed quite a lot of hair too.

Comment

• cocacola
              • Feb 2013

Hang in there sanook, next month or two is the lowest point after an ht as it seems. From 4 months most people start to see regrowth. Your hairloss is not major and i wish u good results! For the pimples i wouldnt worry to much i get those sometimes and i didnt had an ht!

Comment

• drybone
                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by sanook
                Yes I most certainly will.

Update: I'm at 6 weeks now and i've noticed a few pimples in my recipient area. I've shed quite a lot of hair too.
                Hang in there Sanook!!!!

I am at 3 1/2 months and now the hairs are starting to poke through.

Comment

• JudeL
                  • Feb 2011

Just 150 more than sanook.
                  where did you have your procedure done?

Comment

• sanook
                    • Jan 2012

Now at 3 and a half months - still no new hairs growing...

Comment

• gc83uk
                      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by sanook
                      Now at 3 and a half months - still no new hairs growing...
                      I find that hard to believe.

Could you take a photo of the recipient close up? The new hairs emerge as vellus like hairs initially. A comparable before photo would also be of great use.

Comment

• bald fighter
                        • Feb 2013

picture take it now now noooooooooooooooooooooooow

im planning to go for HST this august but i might be delay it to see more from our fourm member especially when it comes with the dark side of Gho procedure.

Comment

• Phatalis
                          • Dec 2009

Yeah take a new pic. Really want to see what you're talking about. Cause I'm just about where you were...

And Ironman.. are you going to go for another procedure at any point or do you need to for the crown or anything?

Comment

• Arashi
                            • Aug 2012

I agree with GC. I thought after 3/12 months that I also still not saw any regrowth, but I was looking for the wrong thing, I was looking for dot-like structures but this is not how regrowth starts, it starts with extremely thin hairs that get thicker as time progresses. When I looked back at my photo's with this knowledge, I saw the first signs of regrowth after 2 months already.

However as I also kept shedding, the 3 - 3 1/2 month mark was when the 'result' looked the worst and I had the least amount of hairs on my scalp since surgery. Next week I'll be at 6 months and will post another update picture.

Comment

• Oct 2011

Originally posted by Arashi

I agree with GC. I thought after 3/12 months that I also still not saw any regrowth, but I was looking for the wrong thing, I was looking for dot-like structures but this is not how regrowth starts, it starts with extremely thin hairs that get thicker as time progresses.
                              That's basically true - at least, that counts for around 70-90% of all implanted grafts.

In my case, I estimate that around 10-30% of all implanted grafts grew since day 1 but mostly just one 1 hair of them grew immediately, and the 2nd hair (so far rarely a 3rd) started to grow much much later.

A few days ago (~4.5 month after photos) I made a few photos with my handheld video-microscope and there you can see what I just described; the photos show areas from anywhere in the forelock area, just behind the hairline ...

Anyway, especially this area (forelock area) was almost completely slick bald 5 month ago.

Btw - the size of the area in all these photos is just ~0.25 cm² ...

...as described in detail HERE ...

Comment

• gc83uk
                                • Nov 2011

That's basically true - at least, that counts for around 70-90% of all implanted grafts.

Anyway, especially this area (forelock area) was almost completely slick bald 5 month ago.

Btw - the size of the area in all these photos is just ~0.25 cm² ...

...as described in detail HERE ...
                                Excellent photos IM!

Just like Arashi I could see regrowth at about the 8th or 9th week mark, however you need to take amazing photos to pick these tiny hairs up, each week they get darker, thicker etc, and of course as IM pointed out I also kept a certain % of grafts, maybe 30% which just kept growing from day 1 without falling out.

IM what was the approx grafts per cm2 implanted, I'm guessing about 35 like most people? I understand you'll be going again a full 12 months after your last procedure... Will you be having a similar amount of grafts done again to bring you up to around 50 per cm2? Will you also be going for a 3rd?

Comment

Working...