HASCI - -How well does it work? Now we'll be able to find out!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • caddarik79
    • Feb 2013

you sounded way more motivated and ready to invest time and energy in this when opening your thread!
    funny how the outcome for HST follow-up is always kind of disappointing...

Comment

• AlmostUndone
      • May 2015

Originally posted by caddarik79
      you sounded way more motivated and ready to invest time and energy in this when opening your thread!
      funny how the outcome for HST follow-up is always kind of disappointing...
      Cheer up! We're a just few days short of the planned three month mark! That said, a few conditions need to be met for the next round of photos

a) I should take the next photos at daytime - just like in the extraction photos, when I had the benefit of sufficient sunlight.
      b) I have been (and will be in the near future) during daytime at home only about once a week. If there aren't many sunny days, I should need the big light equipment for rent... which is kind of a big hassle, to scheduled two successive days in order to pick up and return them from a bit of a distance. (In any case, I am going to rent the big lights for the one-year photoshoot)
      c) Yeah I've been maybe too much of a perfectionist with fleshing out the "before" pictures. Finding the best ones was very hard, and some of the pictures had no markers. A lot of time in summer has gone into that, but now almost all the work is finished

Comment

• Arashi
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by AlmostUndone
        Cheer up! We're a just few days short of the planned three month mark! That said, a few conditions need to be met for the next round of photos

a) I should take the next photos at daytime - just like in the extraction photos, when I had the benefit of sufficient sunlight.
        b) I have been (and will be in the near future) during daytime at home only about once a week. If there aren't many sunny days, I should need the big light equipment for rent... which is kind of a big hassle, to scheduled two successive days in order to pick up and return them from a bit of a distance. (In any case, I am going to rent the big lights for the one-year photoshoot)
        c) Yeah I've been maybe too much of a perfectionist with fleshing out the "before" pictures. Finding the best ones was very hard, and some of the pictures had no markers. A lot of time in summer has gone into that, but now almost all the work is finished
        You sound very determined to make this the one and only, final case on HASCI, I like that ! And I agree, one good case actually is all that's needed. As some people still seem to have some faith in HASCI, I would also really like to see this analysis happening. I'm very busy lately, but if I can be of any help, let me know please !

Comment

• willy
          • Feb 2012

Hey AlmostUndone , sorry just to clarify, will you be shaving the donor prior to taking pictures?

Comment

• AlmostUndone
            • May 2015

Originally posted by willy
            Hey AlmostUndone , sorry just to clarify, will you be shaving the donor prior to taking pictures?
            Yes of course!

Comment

• Louish
              • Aug 2015

I am eager to see your results, thanks for sharing your experience

Comment

• AlmostUndone
                • May 2015

I hate to tell you to wait, just wait. It's almost always dark by the time I come home from work et. al. The light rental shop might soon have to substitute for the daylight, if I am unable to take photos prior to dusk.

We need to decide how to make sense of all the material. Below is my partitioning of the entire donor area (before the procedure) which I recently completed. Around the "fringe areas" (close to the red borders), where the photos start sliding out of focus, you can usually get a glimpse of the hairs from two slightly different angles.

Some alternate viewpoints exist separately in these image files:

Comment

• AlmostUndone
                  • May 2015

Those were just jpeg images. The bitmap versions should be somewhat better quality:

Also, work remains to be done concerning the extraction-hole photos, such as these which are examples:

(In this case, the red borders are merely approximations!)

Comment

• jamesst11
                    • Jun 2014

the photos are awesome, but it is just hard to tell where exactly the extraction sites are when looking at the new photos. My question to you is, do you personally think you see regrowth?

Comment

• AlmostUndone
                      • May 2015

Originally posted by jamesst11
                      the photos are awesome, but it is just hard to tell where exactly the extraction sites are when looking at the new photos. My question to you is, do you personally think you see regrowth?
                      I'd prefer to avoid any kind of speculation on that matter

Comment

• AlmostUndone
                        • May 2015

The job is done; we have visual. Making a before/after-comparison for the donor (3+ months post-op) is now fully possible.

First I think we should, as a reference, duplicate the red lines from the "before" picture. Then it will be comparably easy to make circles whereever they made the extraction holes (or at least exclude those follicular groups, which remained visibly untouched. There exist ≈200 photos or more of the extraction holes.) Finally we may count the difference.

It's uncertain now, if I have time to do any of this myself. Wheee.... Here are samples from the new photos, which I shot today:

Comment

• AlmostUndone
                          • May 2015

Ok, some progress has happened during the past week, afterall. But I feel I can't do everything alone! Everything I have almost put in place, except circles for the extracted hairs.

You can now easily compare the donor area at three different points of time:
                          April before the procedure (the links in an earlier post), May shortly after the procedure and, finally, September, in this example (how do I use the zoom?): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...omparison1.jpg

Comment

• Arashi
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by AlmostUndone
                            Ok, some progress has happened during the past week, afterall. But I feel I can't do everything alone! Everything I have almost put in place, except circles for the extracted hairs.

You can now easily compare the donor area at three different points of time:
                            April before the procedure (the links in an earlier post), May shortly after the procedure and, finally, September, in this example (how do I use the zoom?): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...omparison1.jpg
                            Interesting ! But just to make sure I understand: in the last picture you posted we see the immediate post-op and then in the same picture, the current situation in the lower 2 pics, right ? How did you draw the red lines ? I mean, how did you link those pictures ? You don't seem to have any clear reference marks like birthmarks or scars (which were very useful in GC83UK's pics).

I'd be willing to help you out, with whatever free time I have (not a lot lately).

Comment

• AlmostUndone
                              • May 2015

Originally posted by Arashi
                              Interesting ! But just to make sure I understand: in the last picture you posted we see the immediate post-op and then in the same picture, the current situation in the lower 2 pics, right ?
                              Yup, that's right. The last picture I posted (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...omparison1.jpg) shows the immidiate post-op (May), with extraction holes, and then below, the current situation (September). Of course, this is just an example! I'll have to provide many more pictures pictures to complete the analysis.

How did you draw the red lines ? I mean, how did you link those pictures ?
                              Hmm, linking them was straightforward but very, very time-consuming. You can see in some pictures, there's ink on my scalp which I had made for reference. I also discovered a couple of permanent marks on my scalp, such as this bit of red tissue.

Yet, in many cases I had no references but to "step-walk" along the hairs (proceeding from the ear up, or in one case, from the "cowlick" in the crown). The red lines appear extremely accurate to me, but we still oughta be vary for mistakes !

I'd be willing to help you out, with whatever free time I have (not a lot lately).
                              Ok thanks. I'll post an update, where I'm at next week! At least all the red lines should be in place by then.

Comment

• AlmostUndone
                                • May 2015

Hmm, time is sure going fast, when one is constantly occupied. There has been lots of work concerning the HASCI-photos, too. But I shall be interested to hear what's Arashi's take on the photo set, which will be published before this week closes.

Comment

Working...