• cocacola
    • Feb 2013

Lightning is very different to give an objective naked eye assesment

Comment

• Arashi
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by cocacola
      Lightning is very different to give an objective naked eye assesment
      Agreed, I think it's really difficult to say something useful about these photo's, c5000, because of the lighting and other issue's. If you want some input I think you should post some more photo's, preferably in natural daylight.

Comment

• Oct 2011

Originally posted by gc83uk

All that extra hair making you sweat lol
        Why "lol" ?

It's the photo I mentioned in my new drivers licence with somewhat "longer" hair a few month ago.

A few minutes ago I thought to cover-up the eyes simply with a black bar, then simply with "an" other face. Now I'm surprised myself:
        Besides the somewhat fuller bottom lip and much fuller eyebrows - can't see any outstanding difference between my face and the other FACE in the pic. But it's surprising how things like a somewhat fuller bottom lip and fuller eyebrows (eyes, nose, cheekbone are practically identical) can change a face. Really interesting ...

Oh, the hair ...
        Yes, that's exactly how I look now (formerly the front area almost slick bald everything).

Comment

• c5000
          • Oct 2011

Thanks for the input guys, I'll get my girlfriend to take some photos in natural daylight tomorrow or Friday.

Cheers

Comment

• Arashi
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by 534623
            Why "lol" ?

It's the photo I mentioned in my new drivers licence with somewhat "longer" hair a few month ago.

A few minutes ago I thought to cover-up the eyes simply with a black bar, then simply with "an" other face. Now I'm surprised myself:
            Besides the somewhat fuller bottom lip and much fuller eyebrows - can't see any outstanding difference between my face and the other FACE in the pic. But it's surprising how things like a somewhat fuller bottom lip and fuller eyebrows (eyes, nose, cheekbone are practically identical) can change a face. Really interesting ...

Oh, the hair ...
            Yes, that's exactly how I look now (formerly the front area almost slick bald everything).
            Yes, HASCI density looks good ... as long as you're in the shadows. And keep your hair like this Ironman, do yourself a favour and never return to that 80's rock star look, it looks much better now. Just some friendly meant advice.

Comment

• gc83uk
              • Nov 2011

Why "lol" ?
              I use 'lol' in the same way I would usually use a smiley face. I don't think it litterally means laugh out loud anymore/ever. Anyway I digress!

As for your hair, I'm genuinely happy for you. From that photo it looks like it's doing a good job at framing your face, especially considering how slick you were.

Will you be going for another HST or have you already hit your max 3 sessions

Comment

• Oct 2011

Will you be going for another HST or have you already hit your max 3 sessions
                No so far I didn't hit my max (and final) 3rd session. In fact, after having my 3rd and therefore my final max 3 Gho session - it's over. My donor will be thereafter almost completely depleted (besides a few hairs here and there left).

It's simply devastating ...

Comment

• Arashi
                  • Aug 2012

No so far I didn't hit my max (and final) 3rd session. In fact, after having my 3rd and therefore my final max 3 Gho session - it's over. My donor will be thereafter almost completely depleted (besides a few hairs here and there left).

It's simply devastating ...

That's indeed what HASCI advises themselves:

De 2e reden is dat de hergroei, zoals iedereen weet, niet 100% is en er dus na multipele behandelingen uit het donorgebied (in zijn geval reeds 3x ruim 1700) als we nog vaker gaan uihalen hetzelfde beeld gaat ontstaan als na FUE. Als cliënten aangeven dat ze toch regelmatig hun haren volledig willen kunnen afscheren, adviseren we maximaal 3x het donorgebied te gebruiken.
                  85% regrows but you're depleted after 3 sessions That's even worse than FUE !!

Comment

• gc83uk
                    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Arashi
                    That's indeed what HASCI advises themselves:

85% regrows but you're depleted after 3 sessions That's even worse than FUE !!
                    From that Hasci quote, the way I read it and from what they have told me, I see it that after e.g 5000-6000 HST extractions (over 3 HST'S) then obviously you'll have around 1000 hairless gaps. Which on some people would be noticeable to the human eye and therefore they don't recommend you shave your head.

I'm not saying I agree with the above, however this is what I believe they are saying. Nothing more, nothing less.

It would actually be interesting to see what 1000 hairless gaps looks like on a normal FUE patient. Obviously the hair cut will have to be no more than a #1 grade. Does such a pic exist online?

Comment

• Arashi
                      • Aug 2012

From that Hasci quote, the way I read it and from what they have told me, I see it that after e.g 5000-6000 HST extractions (over 3 HST'S) then obviously you'll have around 1000 hairless gaps. Which on some people would be noticeable to the human eye and therefore they don't recommend you shave your head.
                      I asked them why Dean Saunders only went 3 times while obviously he needed a LOT more hair. This was there answer. They advise a maximum of 3 HST's if you want to shave your hair short. That just makes NO sense at all, if their regrowth fable would be true. Let's go with the 2.1 hairs/FU we agreed upon as FUE average and let's go with the 1.3 that Ironman and I found. And let's go with 3x a 1700 HST session. So that would be 3 * 1700 * 1.3 = 6630 hairs, which would translate to 6630/2.1 = 3157 FUE grafts. Average Joe can lose about 4000 FUE grafts before his donor starts hitting that 125 hairs/cm2 limit.

In other words, HST depletes donor even faster than FUE !

Of course that makes no sense. But what does make sense, is that hasci seems to think that if you shave your hair short and have a 3100 FUE (= 5000 HST) session, then that's about the limit before it will start to become visible. Which would make a lot of sense. In other words, they dont believe in regrowth themselves. HST is just a FUE. Exactly like we saw in those photo's of bulbs I posted.

Comment

• ss1980
                        • Apr 2011

I'm not saying I agree with the above, however this is what I believe they are saying. Nothing more, nothing less.

It would actually be interesting to see what 1000 hairless gaps looks like on a normal FUE patient. Obviously the hair cut will have to be no more than a #1 grade. Does such a pic exist online?

1000 hairless gaps is nothing to lose with fue even if you are nw6 you have 20 000+ fu left on your head,
                        folicle-splitting technique makes it even less noticeable than regular fue as you dont have big gaps due to partial FU extraction and no white dots

arashi

you working on website, let us know when its done, could include forum section where people get together to discuss da latest and the greatest cons in HT industry

Comment

• Arashi
                          • Aug 2012

No, not working on any website .. I've been giving all options quite a bit of thought and contacted some people, including some of the group who sued hasci before, on ideas how to proceed. Answers varied but all of them agreed that sueing would take a lot of effort and would cost quite a bit of money. Somebody in that group said that the best way to get them is via the "Medisch tucht college" http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medisch_tuchtcollege which is like an arbiter for people who want to take action against a doctor, but also this seems difficult. Another option I was playing around with was to get a doctor like dr Woods, who has been a fierce oponent of HASCI, to write an open letter to that magazine in which HASCI published, but that would take tons of work too.

In short, yeah a website might be the best way to continue indeed ... All other options are quite complicated and would demand a huge dediction of time, effort en money.

Comment

• ss1980
                            • Apr 2011

Taking legal action would be waste of time and money, bunch of clinics tried and failed and they had financial power to go after him. Imo any ht dr would be reluctant to write anything publicly about any other clinic unless they have 100% proof but even then it can get messy, you could get sued for damages and end up writing apologizing letters. Hasci deliberately messed up 50 graft test to make suing them impossible as such test would uncover some nasty dirty secrets

Good website is the way to go about this , it is the cheapest and most effective way to spread the truth.

Comment

• gc83uk
                              • Nov 2011

Originally posted by ss1980
                              1000 hairless gaps is nothing to lose with fue even if you are nw6 you have 20 000+ fu left on your head,
                              folicle-splitting technique makes it even less noticeable than regular fue as you dont have big gaps due to partial FU extraction and no white dots
                              Exactly! The fact you said "less noticeable" backs my point up here.

The fact it is noticeable at all is what I said.

Comment

• gc83uk
                                • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Arashi
                                I asked them why Dean Saunders only went 3 times while obviously he needed a LOT more hair. This was there answer. They advise a maximum of 3 HST's if you want to shave your hair short. That just makes NO sense at all, if their regrowth fable would be true. Let's go with the 2.1 hairs/FU we agreed upon as FUE average and let's go with the 1.3 that Ironman and I found. And let's go with 3x a 1700 HST session. So that would be 3 * 1700 * 1.3 = 6630 hairs, which would translate to 6630/2.1 = 3157 FUE grafts. Average Joe can lose about 4000 FUE grafts before his donor starts hitting that 125 hairs/cm2 limit.

In other words, HST depletes donor even faster than FUE !

Of course that makes no sense. But what does make sense, is that hasci seems to think that if you shave your hair short and have a 3100 FUE (= 5000 HST) session, then that's about the limit before it will start to become visible. Which would make a lot of sense. In other words, they dont believe in regrowth themselves. HST is just a FUE. Exactly like we saw in those photo's of bulbs I posted.
                                OK let me play devils advocate here, if like you say, the average Joe can lose about 4000 FUE, are you saying that if this average Joe was to shave down to lets say a grade #1, then average Joe's donor after 4000 FUE wouldn't be noticeable to the human eye? I'm not talking about scaring/white dotting here, just hairless gaps.

As for the average fue graft being 2.1, I'm not even sure it's that high anymore, it seems the more I look around online at the results of FUE, the lower the figure gets, I actually think it's less than 2, I would go as far to say that the average is 1.90

Also when did Iron Man say 1.3? I definitely missed that one, he said to me over email that 60% were 1 hair grafts and 40% 2 hair.

Anyway without wanting to repeat myself, I believe 5000 HST grafts is roughly the equivalent of 4000 FUE grafts particularly when you factor in the recipient growth %.

Comment

Working...