Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arashi
    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by PayDay
    Being published in a medical journal does not always equate to success in clinical practice. That's pretty common knowledge I would think, and I am sure that most scientists and researches would agree. Just because the concept was published and their was some success with that concept does not mean that the results are successful across the board, but as they say, the proof is in the pudding.
    Well, any academic peer reviewed magazine only publishes articles that are scientific and thus adhere to the four steps of scientific methodology: http://teacher.nsrl.rochester.edu/ph...appendixe.html and thus is the research completely falsifiable for example. Magazines like these oftentimes are part of the literature studies amongst students writing their final thesis for universities. It's the way science works and the reason why articles like these can function like building blocks for new research. That's why a peer reviewed academic journal is something totally different than your average glossy magazine.

Comment

• PayDay
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Arashi
      Well, any academic peer reviewed magazine only publishes articles that are scientific and thus adhere to the four steps of scientific methodology: http://teacher.nsrl.rochester.edu/ph...appendixe.html and thus is the research completely falsifiable for example. Magazines like these oftentimes are part of the literature studies amongst students writing their final thesis for universities. It's the way science works and the reason why articles like these can function like building blocks for new research. That's why a peer reviewed academic journal is something totally different than your average glossy magazine.
      I agree with that.

I think however, people have to understand that being published in a peer review journal does not make the science practical in clinic. It might, but like you said, it could just be one of the building blocks of a bigger picture.

Being published in a medical journal, does not equal practical success and I think this is an important point to make clear.

Comment

• didi
        • Nov 2011

Payday summed it up nicely

I find it hard to believe that gho was able to prove his technique to BJD and is unable to to do it for us after 2 attempts

did they also ask him to do 50 graft test, did third party/BJD hair experts supervise procedure and followed up for a year, counting hairs in both donor and recipient?

as spence says you need to read between the lines and I can say that desperate hairloss sufferer is unable to think rationally and is believing what makes him feel better, that's why id like spence to step up his efforts re gho,
        allowing gho discussion implies his legitimacy and he sells product that does not live up to expectations/claims(80%+ regen,),

naïve patient go to hasci expecting 80% regeneration, we know with that rate of regeneration every patient would have full head of hair before donor runs out

btw what happened to Gho academy? how many doctors graduated in hst?
        gho is a definition of conman

Comment

• caddarik79
          • Feb 2013

Here, dry result, 9 months post-op
          Attached Files

Comment

• didi
            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by caddarik79
            Here, dry result, 9 months post-op
            looks like nw5 pattern, hst didn't make much difference imo,+your baldness is progressing, by the time grafts grow you lose some of your original hair..1 hst is a drop in the ocean
            you could have achieved the same result with investing in bottle of topic..
            if you have money to burn its ok but 10k euros is not justified,

your donor is better than average and you could have regular fue with top surgeon and finish it off in one pass.hst is time consuming and most people will go nuts before they get fully covered, look what its done to iron man..and he still got another 4-5 procedures left to do

its a treadmill, hope nigam comes to rescue with his technique, if it works youll need 1-2 sessions and you are done..use your next 10k wisely

Comment

• caddarik79
              • Feb 2013

Originally posted by didi
              looks like nw5 pattern, hst didn't make much difference imo,+your baldness is progressing, by the time grafts grow you lose some of your original hair..1 hst is a drop in the ocean
              you could have achieved the same result with investing in bottle of topic..
              if you have money to burn its ok but 10k euros is not justified,

your donor is better than average and you could have regular fue with top surgeon and finish it off in one pass.hst is time consuming and most people will go nuts before they get fully covered, look what its done to iron man..and he still got another 4-5 procedures left to do

its a treadmill, hope nigam comes to rescue with his technique, if it works youll need 1-2 sessions and you are done..use your next 10k wisely

It's hard to admit but I somehow agree, there might be maximum a week hair lenght difference between the two pics, left is a tiny bit longer then right.
              But still, I have to say that I'm kind of disappointed by the result.

And yes, it looks like a treadmill that I will probably not stay on, because as you said, 10K for what I'm showing, is not worth and it's also hard to believe that I have 3500 new hairs in front... seriously, even from the pictures I saw of Arashi, I can not believe that we have there thousands of new hairs...

IM, it's been a long time that I don't consider him honest in the debates.

And as you said, you might get nuts, going for 5 10K's procedures just to end up with a full head of poor coverage head and three bottles of concealar in your bathroom.
              I really expected better, especially when seeing somre 1500 grafts FUE results on youtube that were great.

And yes I have a very good donor, I should maybe keep it untouched the longest possible....

Comment

• caddarik79
                • Feb 2013

Maybe another 3 months with a extra 20% growth will make the difference.

Comment

• LT56
                  • Feb 2013

ok, I did it shaved head, so I don't know about your procedure...

Mine took the entire day, but it was a 1800 grafts, yours should be shorter.
                  it's absolutely not painful, not one single minute of pain... you will feel a bit weird with the adrenaline.

They are very nice people, very friendly...
                  I did not stay overnight after the procedure, a nice friend of me came to pic me up and bring me back 300 km from there.

I guess you can probably fly the same evening, but you can't wear headgear for four days, same for washing, I did not wash for three or four days... crusts were all gone at day 9.

growth started after four months...
                  Thanks. I'm a NW2.5, so I wonder if it will look funny when the new hairs start to grow in, if my hair is say, 1 cm long in front. Won't it just look like sparse vellus hairs? If not, I can always just keep my hair long.

I'm trying hard to save money on this. I may try and find a shuttle that goes from Heathrow to the general area of the clinic and then stay in a hostel.

Comment

• LT56
                    • Feb 2013

Picture of my Head

Here's my hairline as is. I had two HTs and want to lower it some more with HST.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Arashi
                      • Aug 2012

Your result indeed looks disappointing Caddarik. If you look at your crown and the rest of the scalp it seems you continue to keep balding quite a bit and the 1800 grafts you've gotten are hardly making up for it. There's SOME truth in what Didi says, cause if you had gotten 1800 FUE grafts, you had gotten more hair (since it seems HASCI cant do a lot of 3 hair grafts because of the small size of the needle). On the other hand, FUE would have given you microscarring plus 1800 lost grafts in donor, limiting your options after this, so it surely would have been the worst option by far.

But yeah, it's kind of depressing. If you could get 5-6 HST's without much effect on donor, then you should definitely go ahead and get your next HST ASAP. But we just don't know how it will effect your donor. Gaz just emailed Deborah, hopefully she'll come with some good news.

BTW, did you ever try minox ? I'd stay FAR away from Fin (unless you want to castrate yourself), but minox might be an option ... I'm not taking any myself, I think my balding speed is a bit lower than yours, but once it starts to speed up (knock on wood that wont happen), then I think I'm going to try minox. It's depressing but we gotta do something ...

Comment

• caddarik79
                        • Feb 2013

yes I do, I am slowly balding... there has been two years between the two pictures.

The entire thing is depressing a lot because of the non consistant informations we have from HASCI.

If I could see a NW6>> NW1 transformation which theroticaly should be very possible with a 80-85% regeneration, I would not mind assisting to the balding process...

But 1) their 1800 grafts are not as good as a 1525 Lorenzo FUE
                        2) they keep being mysterious about some issues (50 grafts test, 3 HST of DS, no pics of +5000 grafts cases).

AND, front pictures are a bit illusional, because me too, front, it looks great... from the top, it's another story.
                        Daylight is nothing fancy, but the 9.400 euros are fancy compared to what you get.

My girlfriend is suprised that I have paid that much money, for this little amount of hair on front area, nothing dramaticaly changed, no big improvement...kind of a disappointment.

I've sent an e-mail to Deborah to share my feeling and my feedback about it, with the same before/after picture.

Am wondering what I am going to receive as an aswer...
                        I am not a bashing type, but here, I have to face some reality.

Comment

• Arashi
                          • Aug 2012

yes I do, I am slowly balding... there has been two years between the two pictures.

The entire thing is depressing a lot because of the non consistant informations we have from HASCI.

If I could see a NW6>> NW1 transformation which theroticaly should be very possible with a 80-85% regeneration, I would not mind assisting to the balding process...

But 1) their 1800 grafts are not as good as a 1525 Lorenzo FUE
                          2) they keep being mysterious about some issues (50 grafts test, 3 HST of DS, no pics of +5000 grafts cases).

AND, front pictures are a bit illusional, because me too, front, it looks great... from the top, it's another story.
                          Daylight is nothing fancy, but the 9.400 euros are fancy compared to what you get.

My girlfriend is suprised that I have paid that much money, for this little amount of hair on front area, nothing dramaticaly changed, no big improvement...kind of a disappointment.

I've sent an e-mail to Deborah to share my feeling and my feedback about it, with the same before/after picture.

Am wondering what I am going to receive as an aswer...
                          I am not a bashing type, but here, I have to face some reality.
                          I'm surely disappointed at HASCI too. This is what I wrote in the other thread:

"In fact, since it seems HASCI has difficulties doing 3 hair grafts, the ratio is even different. With normal FUE, the average will be 2 hairs/graft if 1's 2's and 3's are evenly distributed. With HASCI it will be close to 1.5. Which means that 2000 FUE grafts would lose 4000 hairs and 2000 HST grafts 3000 in donor. If you take that also into consideration, then at 80% regrowth, 2000 FUE grafts should yield the same donor loss as about 9 HST's !! But instead HASCI advices clients to stop after 3 HST's. Something isn't right here IM, and you know it too."

To clarify by the way, I'm saying that 1x a 2000 FUE should lose as many hairs in donor as 9x a 1600 HST, IF regrowth was really 80%.

Comment

• Arashi
                            • Aug 2012

To clarify:

1x 2000 FUE, average 2 hairs/graft (if 1's 2's and 3's are evenly distributed), so you'll lose 4000 hairs in donor.
                            9x1600 HST= 14.400 hairs x 1.5 hair per graft = 21.600 of which you'll lose 20% in donor, so you'll lose 4320 hairs in donor.

So only 320 hairs more lost in donor, BUT I'm assuming an average of 2 hairs/graft for FUE, while I think that the average with a FUE is even slighly higher. So it's save to assume that at 80% regrowth, 1 FUE of 2000 hairs, should equal 9 times a 1600 HST. But instead HASCI advices clients to stop after 3 HST's. Something isn't right here ...

Comment

• caddarik79
                              • Feb 2013

I know, I feel a bit upset, their advertising are not very parallel to the results and the strange positions they take on communication are more and more upseting.

I hope some other doctors will bring something revolutionnary, I will keep my money safe for the moment, it's definitely not worth...

Comment

• didi
                                • Nov 2011

in next 6 months we will know if nigams technique is working or not, if it works 10 000 euros will give you lots of hair...

wasting more money on HSTs is not smart idea, cosmetic improvement is mediocre at best, buy 100 bucks worth of conceler and you will look much better than with another procedure,

it was abt time people are starting to wake up, better late than never

even IM with his USB microscope is scratching his head

Comment

Working...