Gaz (Gc83uk) can you give us an update.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gc83uk
    • Nov 2011

Arashi - I replied straight back. I've asked to things...

1) Clarification that donor hairs/grafts can be re-extracted more than once (this I've heard Gho even admit to, but I've also heard second hand that he also acknowledges that they can sometimes grow back twisted making it more difficult for extraction in subsequent procedures)

2) What is the difference between the implanted grafts in the recipient area vs the re-grown grafts in the donor.

As I.M said, I think cocacola has given a pretty smart answer. In particular this: Depth and angle of implanted follicle may compromise the possibility of re extraction. Once again, something similar to what i mentioned in point 1. The follicle may not be placed properly to be extracted successfully with regeneration with current tools.

I think you missed the point here didi, we know everyone can rearrange fue/fut grafts and we also know that Hasci could easily rearrange the HST grafts, but what I was asking is if they could be transplanted and show regrowth (multiplication).

I also want to hear them tell me they can't extract single hair grafts from the donor area without compromising the regrowth. Something which I know I.M has always firmly believed, however I suspect it's possible, but might be hit and miss.

Comment

• Oct 2011

Originally posted by Arashi

I think IM's whole point rather is that the picture is an obvious fake (again). Scabs/crusts after 1 month is impossible.
      I didn't say that the photos itself are fake per se, I just said what I can see in the photos after 1 month (now Dr. Nigam claims "it's right after the procedure and that the photo is just wrong labled" - or crap whatever) ... BUT ...

... Tom (the french idiot) as well as this guy (post above), report basically the same: the implanted hairs simply still stuck in the skin and do nothing - in this case even after 3.5 month!

Comment

• Pentarou
        • Apr 2013

That's very worrying, Iron Man. Could it be that the follicle isn't actually implanted properly as an organ with a growth cycle?

Incidentally, I completely take back what I said a week or two ago when I said that there's no more evidence for Gho than there is Nigam; while admittedly there's not enough evidence for Gho's HST as I think is appropriate, or for me to get a HST, there's more numerous solid (and positive) user reports from Gho's procedures than Nigam's, as in we know that at least Gho can perform working hair transplants.

My attitude towards Dr Nigam is let him post as much as he can on forums - either he'll demonstrate his procedures work, or it'll give him enough rope.

Comment

• gc83uk
          • Nov 2011

Another update, I'm about 2 weeks after my HST.

There are 8 pics in this album, the first pic is before my 3rd HST, the 2nd picture is before any of my HST's. The last picture is about 8 weeks post my 1st HST.

The other 5 pics were taken today.

Comment

• Hair123
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by gc83uk
            Another update, I'm about 2 weeks after my HST.

There are 8 pics in this album, the first pic is before my 3rd HST, the 2nd picture is before any of my HST's. The last picture is about 8 weeks post my 1st HST.

The other 5 pics were taken today.
            wow, now the whole former bald spot is covered! and it looks VERY natural, congrats GC. Those results must be very encouraging for all the hairloss community. Even if its not perfect yet, its clear Gho is progressing and that is a sign that matters a lot.

Do you already have pics of the donor area?

Comment

• didi
              • Nov 2011

'its clear Gho is progressing and that is a sign that matters a lot.'

progressing is a big word

How is he progressing btw, splitting grafts since 2005 and still splitting them in 2013 can hardly be called progressing....steady at best

Comment

• Hair123
                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by didi
                'its clear Gho is progressing and that is a sign that matters a lot.'

progressing is a big word

How is he progressing btw, splitting grafts since 2005 and still splitting them in 2013 can hardly be called progressing....steady at best
                thats the first time I see a total coverage of a previously slick bald are by something claimed to be HM.

Comment

• Arashi
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Hair123
                  thats the first time I see a total coverage of a previously slick bald are by something claimed to be HM.
                  I'm really happy for Gaz. It looks SO much better than before. But to me it doesn't seem this is something that couldn't be done with FUE (apart from the lack of scarring of course). The bald part was way smaller than a NW6-7 would have. I don't think it was bigger than 200 cm, judging by this photo: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jo427zc28...246_image1.jpg

And how many hairs/cm2 does he have ? I doubt it are more than 15. So that's 3000 hairs, which would translate to 1200 FUE grafts (at 2.5 hairs/graft)

Again, his result is wonderful, but I think it could be done with FUE too. No need for hocus-pocus HST.

Then again, FUE would given him scars, so HST is superior on that basis. But not recipient-wise.

Comment

• Arashi
                    • Aug 2012

The area is probably a bit bigger than 200 cm2 though. Maybe 250. Which would also make sense since I think gaz had about 4000 hairs transplanted now ? I don't know exactly.

Maybe there was some regrowth. I don't know. What I do know is that IF their was regrowth, it was at least less than half of what HASCI says it is. Probably way less though. We can see in 9 months how much regrowth he had in his last procedure. But I'm sure it's at least going to be less than 40% and migh very well turn out to be 0%.

Comment

• didi
                      • Nov 2011

Gaz received 35 grafts per cm2 in first 3 procedures? 700+700+1600?

Comment

• gc83uk
                        • Nov 2011

What I'll do is put a cut out square cm on my head in various places. I'll shave the hair down of course first. But I'm expecting way more than 15 Arashi.

The bald area is closer to 100cm than 200cm, unless my maths is off, I'm pretty good at maths so I thought lol. Although admittedly I have spread out the grafts beyond the original border into the hairline, which does increase the overall area, but I'll come up with some figures on that too.

And thanks hair123, I am ecstatic with the result so far. I know for some this is still a bald person, but compared to before I feel great.

Arashi the fact that this couldn't be done without scarring as you say rules out that it could have been done with FUE, right there it's a dead end comment. No point having great recipient and a scarred donor in my opinion. You just don't know what the future holds for you and if you need to shave down in the years to come.

Comment

• TO YOUNG TO RETIRE
                          • Mar 2013

hi friends

gc i saw your pics..

congratulations your head looks perfect now....and the buzzed look suits you...

i am impressed i would like to have a head like that when my baldness progresses..

also you could have smp tat to shade it darker if you like..

either way it looks 100% natural already

nice work

Comment

• gc83uk
                            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by TO YOUNG TO RETIRE
                            hi friends

gc i saw your pics..

congratulations your head looks perfect now....and the buzzed look suits you...

i am impressed i would like to have a head like that when my baldness progresses..

also you could have smp tat to shade it darker if you like..

either way it looks 100% natural already

nice work
                            Cheers TYTR.

I don't know much about smp, but I think I would only consider that in my donor area because I have a very old scar there. I will probably get HST in my scar next year, we'll see what happens

Comment

• Hair123
                              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Arashi
                              I'm really happy for Gaz. It looks SO much better than before. But to me it doesn't seem this is something that couldn't be done with FUE (apart from the lack of scarring of course). The bald part was way smaller than a NW6-7 would have. I don't think it was bigger than 200 cm, judging by this photo: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jo427zc28...246_image1.jpg

And how many hairs/cm2 does he have ? I doubt it are more than 15. So that's 3000 hairs, which would translate to 1200 FUE grafts (at 2.5 hairs/graft)

Again, his result is wonderful, but I think it could be done with FUE too. No need for hocus-pocus HST.

Then again, FUE would given him scars, so HST is superior on that basis. But not recipient-wise.
                              The fact that he had a wonderful result with HM is itself great progress.

Remember the early 2000s, HM was something that only existed in the theory universe.

Mid 2000s, there were rumours some doctors were trying it, but there was no patients to talk to or any pictures to see, at all. (you guys being harsh on Gho, thank God we don't have to deal with total scammers like "dr." Bazan anymore, man... those were the dark ages of HM)

Late 2000s to early 2010s, pictures and real patients started showing up, HM went from concept to reality. But, pictures also showed that cosmetic results in recipient area were way weaker than traditional FUE.

Early 2010s to mid 2010s, HMs can now get you the same same results as traditional FUE plus no scarring and donor preservation to a certain degree.

See the trend? There is clearely progress going on here. Ive been lurking in the forums since late 1990s and you bet Im ****ing pissed we dont have a cure yet. BUT, I will not let my biterness make me blind to the fact that there is good evidence that we are getting closer and closer every year. And that cheers me up a lot because momentum is on our side now and unluess an unexpected plateu emerges from nowhere, the cure is right around the corner for us.

Comment

• TO YOUNG TO RETIRE
                                • Mar 2013

nice post hair123

Comment

Working...