General Replicel/Shiseido News

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TooMuchHairWontKillYou
    • Apr 2015

so you are saying they lied in their old video...

Comment

• FearTheLoss
      • Dec 2012

They didn't lie in any video. They are working on two different treatments, preventative first, and we will see if they continue to pursue the other one in the future. People are just misinformed and spread rumors they have no basis for.

Comment

• TooMuchHairWontKillYou
        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
        They didn't lie in any video. They are working on two different treatments, preventative first, and we will see if they continue to pursue the other one in the future. People are just misinformed and spread rumors they have no basis for.
        This is my basis https://youtu.be/cCe5mg7X6zg?t=1m30s

and this http://www.midasletter.com/2014/10/r...rview-podcast/

And I have never heard about their second treatment.

If they manage to create 100% preventative cure they will have muuuch less motivation for regrowth cure.

Comment

• JayM
          • Apr 2015

There have been people at nw6's and after transitioning to a women have gone to nw2. For me that just kicks all this 30 month rule in the gonads. The whole video shows a guy with severe NW gaining a lot of hair.

Comment

• Eric5
            • Jan 2015

It would have been really nice if they showed us the results from the first 16 patients. I know they aren't going to be the "best" examples for their product but still just showing us that it really works would get more people to start saving there money for this procedure. And why is everyone talking about flying out to Japan? Will this treatment not be available in other countries? Like say the states? Replicel is based in Canada or somewhere in North America. Why won't it be available over here?

Comment

• JayM
              • Apr 2015

Because of new laws in Japan. It means they can start offering the treatment after phase 2b. Where as in the states/Europe it's still needed to go through phase 3 trials so that adds a few years onto when it will be available.

Comment

• Eric5
                • Jan 2015

Oh ok cool! And they plan on having phaseIIb done in 2018?

Comment

• Trenblastoise
                  • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Eric5
                  Oh ok cool! And they plan on having phaseIIb done in 2018?
                  No, they plan on having it commercialized in 2018, as far as I understood.
                  They plan on their phase II to be starting this year, it will probably be done a while before 2018(hopefully).

Comment

• Eric5
                    • Jan 2015

That just made my day!! Now I need to see how much flights to Japan cost

Comment

• macbeth81
                      • Sep 2014

Be sure to save for two round trip flights, unless you can stay there for a few months. The first trip to get the biopsy, a few months to culture the DPC cells, then a second trip for the injections. Going to be spending about 3,000USD on flights alone. The treatment will not be worth it unless they can increase efficacy substantially. Would be nice if we could get the biopsy at our host country but I doubt it.

Comment

• Arieux
                        • Jun 2015

Yes, unfortunately, there will be a necessity to fly 2 times. But the cell cultivation will take 5-8 weeks according to the information from their recent presentation from june 2015: http://replicel.com/wp-content/uploa...-June-2015.pdf

Comment

• brocktherock
                          • Dec 2013

Originally posted by macbeth81
                          Be sure to save for two round trip flights, unless you can stay there for a few months. The first trip to get the biopsy, a few months to culture the DPC cells, then a second trip for the injections. Going to be spending about 3,000USD on flights alone. The treatment will not be worth it unless they can increase efficacy substantially. Would be nice if we could get the biopsy at our host country but I doubt it.
                          Even with zero regrowth it'd still be worth it if it stops further loss. But they got up to almost 19% regrowth after six months from one shot in the pilot study, I think we have a lot to be excited for.

Comment

• lacazette
                            • May 2015

There's a 3 injections trial, so Imagine just a 30% regrowth with nor further hair loss for many years. That with a top surgeon HT, it will literraly save my life haha! (nwd 4 at 27)

Comment

• Eric5
                              • Jan 2015

Does anyone know when their next presentation is?

Comment

• Arieux
                                • Jun 2015

Yesterday they replied on their Facebook to one of the desparate users' posts:

RepliCel has expanded its platform of technologies to include products for chronic tendon injuries & aging and sun damaged skin; however, this does not mean that we have abandoned our hair loss product. Please know that our doctors and scientists are working hard to move RCH-01 into the clinical trial stage. We anticipate starting the trial before the end of the year in Germany and even soon in Japan via Shiseido.
                                So they confirmed starting phase II this year again. Maybe they want to start it before World Hair Congress to avoid embarassing questions about their delays?

Comment

Working...