Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hellouser
    • May 2012

Originally posted by bibz
    Your pessimism is such a sadness, it will make your next days and years more and more darker..
    If we die before a cure comes out, he's going to have the last laugh. It's definitely possible.

Comment

• clandestine
      • Aug 2011

The last laugh?

Some fleeting moment along the lines of an "I Told You So!" Is entirely not worth years of pessimism and sadness. Hopelessness, despair and woeful outlook.

Comment

• hellouser
        • May 2012

Originally posted by clandestine
        The last laugh?

Some fleeting moment along the lines of an "I Told You So!" Is entirely not worth years of pessimism and sadness. Hopelessness, despair and woeful outlook.
        He doesnt have to live a life of pessimism and sadness to have the last laugh. He's more likely to not give a shit and go on with his life while us here are just clinging on for a cure. I'd rather live my life than be pessimistic or optimistic about this shit, I don't want to think about it AT ALL.

Comment

• clandestine
          • Aug 2011

True I agree with that.

Hard not to think about it when it's such a glaring cosmetic issue, though. Blah.

Comment

• john2399
            • Jan 2012

Your pessimism is such a sadness, it will make your next days and years more and more darker..
            There is no worse feeling of false hope. This forum has seen it all, thru histogen, replicel, aderans, etc. Its better to be pessimistic about a cure coming because it f*king sucks when you are let down by this so called cure that will come.

Comment

• bibz
              • Apr 2013

Don't give a shit about hairloss?? -_-
              Just tell me how to do it, cuz every morning when i wake up and i watch my hair on the mirror, i don't see a sexy dishevelled hair style, but a fvcking ugly haircut with two bald spot in the temples, and that shit make me think about hairloss ALL the day.
              Hope is our best weapon.

Comment

• hellouser
                • May 2012

Hope is our best weapon.
                No, research, development and FDA/other approval is our best weapon. Sitting around moping or being optimistic won't do anything.

You need to WORK for your results. Nobody except ourselves give a crap about our problem. And its glaringly obvious that nobody cares when society mocks us as some kind disadvantaged inferiors.

Comment

• marikeo
                  • Feb 2012

Originally posted by hellouser
                  No, research, development and FDA/other approval is our best weapon. Sitting around moping or being optimistic won't do anything.
                  I agree. And we are already seeing the results. I started losing my hair aggressively when I was 21. I got on Minox immediately, got on Proscar Immediately when that came out. On top of that I have tried every hair weapon I thought safe to try.

Today I am 47, many folks I know have seen there hair come and go during those years. I am far from a full head of hair, but I have enough to be cosmetically significant and 'somewhat' age appropriate. If you had told me that I would have any hair back when I was 21 by this time, I would have thought it a crazy hope.

So, do I want my hair back, yes. But I am thankful that I have already had the benefit of keeping my hair much longer than nature intended.

And for what it is worth, I am 1.5 weeks into RU now. If I am lucky, maybe I will keep some hair into my 50s!

Comment

• UK_
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by hellouser

You need to WORK for your results. Nobody except ourselves give a crap about our problem. And its glaringly obvious that nobody cares when society mocks us as some kind disadvantaged inferiors.
                    Exactly right.

Which was why I was quite pissed off when my thread regarding donating to research into follicular neogenesis using WNT (wound healing) compounds fell on deaf ears, especially when the CEO of the prime company working on such a method informed me and everyone else that donations WOULD help move things along faster.

I learned one thing which I can relate to in the above post, and that's that people would rather sit around and moap or just post some useless "optimism".

Comment

• garethbale
                      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by UK_
                      Exactly right.

Which was why I was quite pissed off when my thread regarding donating to research into follicular neogenesis using WNT (wound healing) compounds fell on deaf ears, especially when the CEO of the prime company working on such a method informed me and everyone else that donations WOULD help move things along faster.

I learned one thing which I can relate to in the above post, and that's that people would rather sit around and moap or just post some useless "optimism".
                      Yes but it requires Histogen to take the lead. They appeared willing to listen to us but not decisive enough to act themselves.

I don't think people would trust a donations site unless it was endorsed by Histogen

Comment

• Pentarou
                        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by garethbale
                        Yes but it requires Histogen to take the lead. They appeared willing to listen to us but not decisive enough to act themselves.

I don't think people would trust a donations site unless it was endorsed by Histogen
                        I'd still be willing to donate to a proper/legit fund if UK_ or whoever makes the moves.

Comment

• UK_
                          • Feb 2011

Guys we dont need donations we just need more optimism.

In-fact... let us pray now.

Comment

• clandestine
                            • Aug 2011

Originally posted by UK_
                            Guys we dont need donations we just need more optimism.

In-fact... let us pray now.
                            Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my hair to keep, If I shall die before I wake, I pray the Lord my hair to take.

Amen.

Comment

• Vox
                              • Jan 2013

Well, it seems that long before we treat hair loss, we will have a drastic "head loss" therapy; in just two years.

Comment

• Desmond84
                                • Oct 2012

OK guys, this thread has been really depressing lately so I thought its time to give ppl some real indication of what is our treatments going to look like in the next 10 years. Here's a report published by "Transparent Market Research" in New York:

In 2011, the "stem cell market" which consists of adult and embryonic Stem Cells, Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells, Natural Rosette Cells, and Very Small Embryonic-Like Stem Cells was valued at: US $26.23 billion

Using Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast they estimated the stem cell market to reach somewhere around: US $119.51 billion by 2018.

That is a 'compound annual growth rate' of 24.2%!

Stem cell research is where computers where in the late 90s! Expect exponential growth and mind blowing breakthroughs in the coming years. If stem cells are the answer to growing human hair, you can be more than certain that we will be growing hair like no tomorrow by the end of this decade!

__________________________________________________ _____________

Here's a summary of the report if you guys want to read it:

Comment

Working...