Hidden Gem -> MSM/Vit C & TRX2 - a fin alternative?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cob984
    • Sep 2012

I noticed hair loss 12 months ago but am noticing dramatic worsening over the last 2 months in tandem with when i dropped oral saw palmetto and started on this, i am sure this combo is not causing the worsening, its the saw palmetto but i was on a smallish dose to begin with anyway, i have dropped sp in the middle for 1 or 2 weeks before but this has been the longest time iv been off it and nothing in this combo is countering the hair thinning yet, no significant shed, just a bigtime thin

Comment

• Ginkosama
      • Nov 2012

Guys who are shedding for 2 months now: in which hemisphere do you live ?

I am from Europe and I was doing quite great in the summer and it turned to sh*t in fall. Same thing last year, I seem to lose 2NW a year and one and a half in fall/winter only.

Comment

• MrBlonde
        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Ginkosama
        Guys who are shedding for 2 months now: in which hemisphere do you live ?

I am from Europe and I was doing quite great in the summer and it turned to sh*t in fall. Same thing last year, I seem to lose 2NW a year and one and a half in fall/winter only.
        Yeah Europe too Mate. I was nice and thick in the summer too. I guess those seasonal sheds are something we will have to dread once we get older.

Comment

• Cob984
          • Sep 2012

lol no this isnt a seasonal shed, last fall i was at my peak of hair power because i introduced saw palmetto and my hair wound back the clock to its teenage glory,

Comment

• MrBlonde
            • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Cob984
            lol no this isnt a seasonal shed, last fall i was at my peak of hair power because i introduced saw palmetto and my hair wound back the clock to its teenage glory,
            Did SP bring your hair from thin to thick? and did you get any regrowth on it? Was you hair as bad as it is now before you took SP?

You say you got bad sides from SP, what exactly happened? and how long was it before SP lost its effectiveness?

Comment

• Cob984
              • Sep 2012

Did SP bring your hair from thin to thick - Yes
              did you get any regrowth on it - Not sure
              Was you hair as bad as it is now before you took SP - No but it was deteriorating rapidly and sp halted the slide

You say you got bad sides from SP, what exactly happened - I had gyno already, made it worse, lower libido,

and how long was it before SP lost its effectiveness - Id say about 3-4 months, but since I have experimented a lot with the dosage, with the max being 320 mg a day, i was trying to find that sweet spot to keep hair and avoid or lessen sides, but it was only slowing me down, its effectiveness as a hair loss preventer was gone for good

Though my hair was in far far far better condition that now, now its in freefall

Comment

• b0urna
                • Jul 2012

I too can vouch for other benefits from taking MSM, much faster nail growth, aswell as my joints feeling great. Iv also had a few physical injuries while on MSM and I seemed to heal faster than usual.
                In terms of SP, my hair seemed to stop shedding almost instantly after first taking it orally, but alike Cob, it became ineffective after a few months. We shall all see in a few months if MSMs promise of hairgrowth can really combat MBP.

Comment

• sizzlinghairs
                  • Apr 2011

out of responsibility i feel I should share my previous experience with sp and finasteride. Long story short, unnaceptable sexual sides. Even if you dont get them early on, you will at least have to stay on them 3+ years(thinking about cure time here). Those things really do havoc on your hormonal and just body systems in general. NOT EVER worth it IMO. That being said, some people do have really resistant dispositions to certain meds/herbals so maybe you are one of the lucky ones..

Comment

• b0urna
                    • Jul 2012

Not sure if I believe these photos, especially in such a short timeframe, but has anyone experimented with topical MSM?

Comment

• ammin
                      • Sep 2012

I was on Gutted's combination for two months. Yes it has been rough. My parents havent seen me in two years. I was a thick NW 1 when they last saw me , my father is a NW 3 at 58 and the pace at which I am going, I might be extremely diffuse NW 6, bald essentially when I see them next.

Thinking about future family pictures saddens me. However , I have just been recruited by the firm of my dreams, well almost so it has helped me cope with my dermatological deterioration.

Comment

• Jcm800
                        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by b0urna
                        Not sure if I believe these photos, especially in such a short timeframe, but has anyone experimented with topical MSM?

http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t...-this-pictures
                        Looks interesting, gutted what's your opinion? ?

Comment

• gutted
                          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Jcm800
                          Looks interesting, gutted what's your opinion? ?
                          the link to those pictures was posted in the first page of this thread.

and should be a motivation to those that are taking msm!

Comment

• gutted
                            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by ammin
                            Starting Finasteride tommorow. I have lost a lot of ground in the last 5 months from NW 1.5 with thick hair to NW 6 Diffuse. My parents, significant other, friends and supervisors have pointed out the same to me.

I cannot rely on gutted's theory anymore which remains unsubstantiated by clinical evidence; that is not to stay I am discrediting it. For those of you experiencing gradual hairloss stick to his recommended regimen and please report back
                            the following is what ammins regime consists of ->

FLuridil
                            Revivogen
                            TRX 2
                            Nizoral
                            MSM
                            Vit C
                            Vit D
                            B-Complex EOD

90 % of his regime consists of dht suppression yet he managed to thin out severley despite using stuff that supresses dht perfectly well...

anyway i did state dht suppression does not work with msm/C and trx2. Those that are doing this are not neccsarily wasting thier time/effort but will not achieve visbile/cosmetic benefits.
                            This case should indicate to you that msm/C does not stop whatever dht suppression does. MSM/C is best used alone.

Its lucky ammin, is using msm while taking those dht inhibiting substances, the fact that hes not experiencing an itch is a good sign that those hairs that shed should return i.e the msm prevented those hairs going into dormancy. This is the only invisible benefit hes just gained from msm.

Anyway finerstride may just worsen his condition in the long run, but good luck to him i hope he reports what happens to him on fin.

Comment

• gutted
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Jcm800
                              Gutted -how old are you again please? How long have you been suffering with mpb?
                              Have you actually visually seen regrowth since using this combo, or do you 'think' you're experiencing it?
                              Thanks, just curious.
                              Suffering for 3 years.
                              Yes ive seen visbile regrowth, Diffuse areas filling in.

Comment

• Jcm800
                                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by gutted
                                the link to those pictures was posted in the first page of this thread.

and should be a motivation to those that are taking msm!
                                But I'm asking about topical msm dude,think that's what gave that guy regrowth?

Comment

Working...