Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • neversaynever
    • Dec 2011

Equol

Can anyone shed any light on this? Perhaps a equol fan like 2020?

I dont care about the price, if it works and is much safer than fin.

Link me to studies, and explain how its safer.

Fin stops the production of DHT, which can seriously damage your sex life (if youre unlucky).

Equol binds to DHT, so it cant bind to receptors. But how does that not give you sexual side effects??
    • Jan 2012

It's 100% safe since it does not inhibit 5AR or alter any of your hormones but instead just bind straight to DHT.
    Reduction of 5AR is what causes side effects with Fin/Dut:
    persistent finasteride propecia proscar 5 alpha reductase inhibitor side effects info & discussion forum

so far no studies have been done specifically on MPB, but from its prostate studies we know that equol is very effective at blocking DHT:

some guy on *** already bought a bunch of bottles of equol and will be taking it in 5x normal dose which should be enough to match the effectiveness of fin and maybe more so we'll see how it goes although I'm 99% sure that HE WILL get some positive results from it.

Comment

• neversaynever
      • Dec 2011

No human tests so far?

Im confused as to lack of side effects. I know how to use my dick, but i dont know the bio mechanisms behind it.

Essentially, we need DHT to get an erection? So if equol binds to DHT, basically making it not dht...how does that not effect our sex lives?

Equol has been talked about for YEARS now, screw the price, if it works im in!

Comment

• BaldinLikeBaldwin
        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by neversaynever
        Essentially, we need DHT to get an erection?
        [IMG]http://www.****************/interact/images/smilies/sad006.gif[/IMG]

Comment

• neversaynever
          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by BaldinLikeBaldwin
          [IMG]http://www.****************/interact/images/smilies/sad006.gif[/IMG]
          Hahaha. What? Explain....

Comment

• BaldinLikeBaldwin
            • Apr 2012

Hahaha. What? Explain....
            if DHT was needed to get an erection do you think Finasteride and Dutasteride would even exist?

Comment

• neversaynever
              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by BaldinLikeBaldwin
              if DHT was needed to get an erection do you think Finasteride and Dutasteride would even exist?
              Then explain it.....

I want to know why equol wont effect sexual activities but fin and dut can...

Comment

• Ted
                • May 2011

http://www.****************/interact...sed-on-S-equol

Comment

• Conpecia
                  • Sep 2011

Then explain it.....

I want to know why equol wont effect sexual activities but fin and dut can...
                  I think because instead of reducing levels of DHT like fin and dut do, equol just binds to existing DHT and somehow blocks it from messing with your hair. That's a pretty layman response, but I think that's the basic idea.

Comment

• neversaynever
                    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Conpecia
                    I think because instead of reducing levels of DHT like fin and dut do, equol just binds to existing DHT and somehow blocks it from messing with your hair. That's a pretty layman response, but I think that's the basic idea.
                    I understand that part, but that means both fin and equol technically drop the DHT serum numbers drastically. The end point is the same. Less DHT.

So ive yet to hear a scientific explaination as to why there would be such a big difference in sides. People are acting as if equol has no sides.

The only explaination ive seen is that 30% of people are producers, and they are not impotent because of dropped DHT. But maybe those people have other mechanisms to compensate for equol production...that we dont, because we dont produce it.

Would love someone to prove me wrong, because im very curious about it...

Comment

• Jan 2012

do you people realize that DHT is barely even relevant in erectile function?
                      For millions of men over 40 who suffer from ED, their problem is not the lack of DHT....
                      finasteride doesn't affect Testosterone levels so something else must be going probably due to fin indirectly altering a bunch of other hormones.

I'm sure the answer could be found here but I don't have time to go through all that:
                      persistent finasteride propecia proscar 5 alpha reductase inhibitor side effects info & discussion forum

Comment

• Dazza
                        • Jun 2012

Just a shame this stuff is not affordable for the amount you need on a daily basis.

If I got my hands on this stuff and it completely halted my hairloss I would only need a few grafts and my hairline is back.

Any company's working on this product? For either hairloss or another treatment?

Comment

• neversaynever
                          • Dec 2011

Hmm.

Well both fin and equol reduce dht levels, but you are suggesting that its the blocking of 5α-reductase that causes fins sides?

Ive read that 5α-reductase deficiancy causes major changes in a mans sex organs.

Does 5α-reductase convert other hormones?

Is DHT the ONLY androgen that attacks follicles? Ive read somewhere that in the lack of DHT, testosterone will make its way to hair follicles and be converted to DHT from within the follicle.

Im not so sure about equol. Its something id like to see put through proper human trials first.

Comment

• neversaynever
                            • Dec 2011

"Dutasteride and Finasteride work by inhibiting the action of 5AR so that its ability to convert T to DHT is hampered. These compounds work through a process of irreversible inhibition of the enzyme - they have the ability to modify the active region on the surface of 5AR, so the testosterone cannot use the enzyme. Thus the conversion becomes energetically unfavourable and less likely to occur. To be more precise, there are two types of 5AR. Finasteride targets type 2 while Dutasteride can inhibit type 1 in addition to type 2.

For some men this will be enough to halt hair loss or even regrow hair over time. There are some side effects to inhibiting 5AR because the testosterone that isn’t being converted to DHT can trigger other hormonal responses in the body, as part of the natural hormonal feedback loop that we all have. Some men report lack of libido, erectile dysfunction or other side effects due to the increase in female hormones that are produced to counteract the higher levels of testosterone."

Thats the only explanation I can find. Thats from a equol manufacture, talking on another forum

Comment

• Jan 2012

Well both fin and equol reduce dht levels, but you are suggesting that its the blocking of 5α-reductase that causes fins sides?
                              absolutely.

Ive read that 5α-reductase deficiancy causes major changes in a mans sex organs.

Does 5α-reductase convert other hormones?
                              not sure but it's a fact that 5ar blockers alter your other hormones besides DHT.

Is DHT the ONLY androgen that attacks follicles? Ive read somewhere that in the lack of DHT, testosterone will make its way to hair follicles and be converted to DHT from within the follicle.
                              100% false.

5ar deficient people NEVER EVER go bald despite having tons of T.

Im not so sure about equol. Its something id like to see put through proper human trials first.
                              it's already been put through trials it's just that none of them were about MPB.... mostly women problems and prostate issues.

We already know it's safe, it's just too bad that big pharma isn't interested in making it so we're stuck with a few small labs trying to produce it

Comment

Working...