Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dazza
    • Jun 2012

$8 bottle of shampoo?

There estimating it at around €90. Tho I agree, just seems a bit of a blag. Tho there is no results out yet, all done inhouse. it could be a better minoxidil for all we know.

Comment

• Kirby_
      • Jan 2012

I highly doubt that this product will work at all for MPB (it's cosmetics rather than medicine) but it should be tried to at least rule it out completely.

Comment

• Pate
        • Sep 2011

Because it's a cosmetic they don't even have to prove it works. They will publish a few snippets heavy on spin and short on proof, but that's it.

I have no doubt they have done a lot of research and come up with a model that should, in theory, have some effect on hair loss. It probably will show some efficacy, particularly in women and early NWs.

But I just think that once again MPB will prove too tough a nut to crack by this method. Once you have proper MPB-miniaturised hair (instead of very early stage) this will struggle.

As for the argument over whether it's permanent or not... who the f--k cares?! If this stuff grew back my hair fully I'd spend 90 Euros a month for the rest of my life and apply it twice a day if I had to. And I'm willing to bet most of the rest of you would too.

Comment

• 67mph
          • Mar 2010

Spencer had a tweet to this thread recently, not like him to do that but then again he's not a massive Tweeter, anyway, just wondering what people thought, do you think that he thinks there is some chance this can give some 'OK' results, enough to tweet it?

Comment

• Maradona
            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by 67mph
            Spencer had a tweet to this thread recently, not like him to do that but then again he's not a massive Tweeter, anyway, just wondering what people thought, do you think that he thinks there is some chance this can give some 'OK' results, enough to tweet it?
            Cosmetic product, no FDA trials, nothing from this.

I thought this site was better than that.

Comment

• 67mph
              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Maradona
              Cosmetic product, no FDA trials, nothing from this.

I thought this site was better than that.
              ...and with that ladies and gents, the hand of god has spoken!

Comment

• MrBlonde
                • Jul 2012

Wouldn't it be amazing if this product actually worked and with no sides.

I know I'm clutching at straws here and there is about as much chance of this working as there is a vegetarian pitbull but can you just imagine if it actually did what it says on the tin (or bottle). Awakening sleeping hair cells.

It would at least tide us over until Histogen or even better be a cure for early norwoods.

Comment

• jpm
                  • Nov 2011

Originally posted by MrBlonde
                  Wouldn't it be amazing if this product actually worked and with no sides.

I know I'm clutching at straws here and there is about as much chance of this working as there is a vegetarian pitbull but can you just imagine if it actually did what it says on the tin (or bottle). Awakening sleeping hair cells.

It would at least tide us over until Histogen or even better be a cure for early norwoods.
                  I doubt it works, but im hoping im wrong. Look forward to seeing some real life testing before we automatically chuck it in the snake oil category

Comment

• Dazza
                    • Jun 2012

I admit, I would laugh my ass of if loreal of all people made a product that actually worked for hairloss. There first hairloss treatment was terrible.

Even if you read the report there scientists don't sound convinced. Too many "hopefullys" and "if this works"

But like I said before you never know, highly unlikely but there is that 0.1%

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by jpm
                      I doubt it works, but im hoping im wrong. Look forward to seeing some real life testing before we automatically chuck it in the snake oil category
                      Won't it be released in September?

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                        • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Dazza
                        I admit, I would laugh my ass of if loreal of all people made a product that actually worked for hairloss. There first hairloss treatment was terrible.

Even if you read the report there scientists don't sound convinced. Too many "hopefullys" and "if this works"

But like I said before you never know, highly unlikely but there is that 0.1%
                        Well, not too far fetched either.

Loreal have not only the capital, but the resources behind them to create a viable hairloss product.

If however they were a small start up, then yeah, snake oil all the way.

Comment

• thechamp
                          • Jan 2011

Give it a chance

It might be better than nirozil

Comment

• Dazza
                            • Jun 2012

Estimated at €90 a bottle you would want it to be better than nizoral.

Hopefully more big name company's will jump on the balding market. There is alot of money to be made!!

Comment

• ferwin
                              • Jun 2012

Since I have my own theory: the price triggers the placebo effect.
                              And that is exactly what they intend - & nice side effect on their Balance Sheet.
                              f

Comment

• jpm
                                • Nov 2011

Originally posted by thechamp
                                It might be better than nirozil
                                Nizoral isn't great, but beacuse its so cheap and you only use it twice a week a 5 quid bottle can last 3 months.

But they are charging 90 a bottle then it better be significantly better than niz

Comment

Working...