Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • the_dude78
    • May 2011

Originally posted by ljpviper
    What I do is apply the rogaine foam first then spray on the neogenis only once at night.

Buy the little spray bottles it's much easier to empty a bunch of vials into it.
    But if you spray it on, won't most of it just end up in your hair rather than on the scalp?

Comment

• hippynerd
      • Nov 2012

hi, I've been using this for a few weeks. I havent seen any visual difference yet, but an interesting thing I have noticed is I am shedding way less hair than normal. Ive got weirdly thick hair (nearly every person who's cut my hair: "wow, you'll never go bald"..ha), and after a week or so normally the floor in my bathroom looks like a small animal has been moulting, but since Ive started this stuff It's very obviously reduced. I've taken before photos (~NW2) and will take update photos in 3 months, and will post if there's any difference.

Comment

• StayThick
        • Oct 2012

Originally posted by the_dude78
        But if you spray it on, won't most of it just end up in your hair rather than on the scalp?
        Agreed. Unless you have close cropped hair like me, spraying would be a waste IMHO. I personally use an old Spectral Dnc dropper that was never used. It works perfect and allows the product to hit the scalp directly.

I wouldn't recommend spraying it on.

Comment

• Cob984
          • Sep 2012

anyone else have an update on this stuff? its its worth a shot and free of sides im in to try it

btw where on eath to you buy this from?

Comment

• Mark86
            • Nov 2012

hi,
            Well my 3 months is up on Jan 6. i think for me, it has thickened areas where there was hair already(smallish part at the front), produced some hair where there wasn't any before (mostly close to the horseshoe area), and not done anything in areas where there was no hair or just vellus.
            So, it has done something but no miracles. No negative side effects at all. I may give it 6months and see if things get even better but i dont think i hold out a lot more hope..

I get mine from here, but i think there may be cheaper places...http://www.sweetcare.pt/EN/shipping.aspx

hope that helps,
            Mark 86

Comment

• maxhair
              • Oct 2011

Are there any senior members on here we can trust who have tried Neogenic?

Comment

• StayThick
                • Oct 2012

I'm not a senior member, but can chime in at my experience at this point. I have about a week left of doses until I hit my full 2 month on this product. As it stands right now, the product is what most assumed it was, nothing special.

I have yet to see any substantial improvement in my temple/hairline area where my hair is sparse and noticeably thinner. It looks to have thickened the crown/back area, but again, not earth shattering or something Id say is worth the price tag at this point.

As I mentioned, I'm going to try this product for 3 months per Loreals claim. But by looking at the progress, I am not expecting much.
                It's not looking good fellas'. Might want to save your cash.

Comment

• eqvist
                  • Aug 2011

I wonder if L’Oréal really made some money of this scam in the end. I was going to by a skin cream but i thought hell ****ing no! I will not by something from this company! And I think it´s alot more people thinking that!

Comment

• VictimOfDHT
                    • Apr 2011

NOT EVERYTHING THAT GLITTERS IS GOLD. Unfortunately desperate people still think otherwise.

Comment

• the_dude78
                      • May 2011

Originally posted by StayThick
                      I'm not a senior member, but can chime in at my experience at this point. I have about a week left of doses until I hit my full 2 month on this product. As it stands right now, the product is what most assumed it was, nothing special.

I have yet to see any substantial improvement in my temple/hairline area where my hair is sparse and noticeably thinner. It looks to have thickened the crown/back area, but again, not earth shattering or something Id say is worth the price tag at this point.

As I mentioned, I'm going to try this product for 3 months per Loreals claim. But by looking at the progress, I am not expecting much.
                      It's not looking good fellas'. Might want to save your cash.
                      Thank you for the update! So no real cosmetic results then. I think I'll pass on this one, unless, of course, the 3rd month suddenly shows some amazing results. One can dream, right?

Comment

• Kirby_
                        • Jan 2012

TBH, it seemed massively unlikely to be a working treatment all along, being classed as cosmetics rather than a medicine. I haven't yet read any positive user reports about it, and it's still unavailable in many countries. Best to write it off.

Comment

• Dan26
                          • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Kirby_
                          TBH, it seemed massively unlikely to be a working treatment all along, being classed as cosmetics rather than a medicine. I haven't yet read any positive user reports about it, and it's still unavailable in many countries. Best to write it off.
                          active ingrediant is decent, can benifit hair etc. actual product is overpriced and not worth it

Comment

• Kirby_
                            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Dan26
                            active ingrediant is decent, can benifit hair etc. actual product is overpriced and not worth it
                            Do we have any data that the active ingredient works though? Other than the manufacturers' claims in their marketing material? If you've read the book Bad Science by Ben Goldacre, you'll agree that how Neogenic is marketed, using pseudoscience based around current buzzwords (hypoxia), is exactly the same as how Goldacre describes the ways antiwrinkle creams and other cosmetics are sold to the public.

Comment

• Dan26
                              • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Kirby_
                              Do we have any data that the active ingredient works though? Other than the manufacturers' claims in their marketing material? If you've read the book Bad Science by Ben Goldacre, you'll agree that how Neogenic is marketed, using pseudoscience based around current buzzwords (hypoxia), is exactly the same as how Goldacre describes the ways antiwrinkle creams and other cosmetics are sold to the public.
                              The science/concept behind it is low oxygen enviornment(and by implication growth factors), the active ingredient is a well known H1F inducer....The product itself is a gimmick...not worth it...i wouldn't be shocked if some saw results, especially if they just got a hold of the active ingredient and used higher doses etc., but in reality it doesn't tackle a very important aspect of hairloss effectively, and there are way better alternatives

Comment

• jman91
                                • Jan 2012

bump 10 char

Comment

Working...