Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Alchemist
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Dazza
    But that's MPB making them loose hair, not there age or the follicles lifetime. I have not heard or even read anywhere follicles have a lifespan. There are hundreds of older chaps with full heads of hair, my grandad being one of those.
    The hairs having limited life cycles is a bogus theory. If it were true then eunuchs would go bald and as we all know, they don't. And as you've pointed out, there are plenty of old men with full heads of hair. Also, the horshoe rim of hair on bald guys usually doesn't fall out. So, not sure how that idea of limited cycles got started but, it's not anything more than internet chatter.

Comment

• Dazza
      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by thechamp
      Will this be the big 4 now
      Do you even read what people post, one of the most useless posters.

No it's not..

Comment

• Dazza
        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by The Alchemist
        The hairs having limited life cycles is a bogus theory. If it were true then eunuchs would go bald and as we all know, they don't. And as you've pointed out, there are plenty of old men with full heads of hair. Also, the horshoe rim of hair on bald guys usually doesn't fall out. So, not sure how that idea of limited cycles got started but, it's not anything more than internet chatter.
        Totally agree. Well put too.

Comment

• thechamp
          • Jan 2011

Maybe so

I agree but hey I think we are wasting our time on this forum for at least 3 years

Comment

• gmonasco
            Inactive
            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by The Alchemist
            The hairs having limited life cycles is a bogus theory. If it were true then eunuchs would go bald and as we all know, they don't.
            No, because even men who are not eunuchs don't necessarily go bald. MPB is not the only form of hair loss.

And as you've pointed out, there are plenty of old men with full heads of hair.
            No, I didn't say that. Some men reach advanced age without experiencing MPB or cosmetically significant hair loss, but they nonetheless have less hair than they did earlier in life.

Also, the horshoe rim of hair on bald guys usually doesn't fall out.
            Then clearly DHT isn't the culprit, because if it were, then those hairs would fall out too, right?

Obviously there's something different about the follicles in that area of the scalp. It might be that they're typically genetically programmed for a longer life cycle than follicles in other parts of the scalp.

Comment

• The Alchemist
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by gmonasco
              No, because even men who are not eunuchs don't necessarily go bald. MPB is not the only form of hair loss.

No, I didn't say that. Some men reach advanced age without experiencing MPB or cosmetically significant hair loss, but they nonetheless have less hair than they did earlier in life.

Then clearly DHT isn't the culprit, because if it were, then those hairs would fall out too, right?

Obviously there's something different about the follicles in that area of the scalp. It might be that they're typically genetically programmed for a longer life cycle than follicles in other parts of the scalp.
              This has been studied to death. The hairs, due to genetic polymorphism, are either susceptible, or not, to DHT induced damage. That is why the hairs on the horshoe remain -they have been proven to have different genetic expression then hairs from balding regions. That is why some men go bald and some don't. It also explains why some men dont lose hair until advanced ages and eunuchs don't go bald. There are libraries of evidence supporting and fully explaining the phenomenon.

If you have scientific literature supporting the "limited life cycle" hypothesis, please provide it. Otherwise, it's nothing more than internet chatter.

Comment

• Erick
                • Nov 2011

I want to let everyone know that I have received my package and applied it to my scalp for the first time today. Since I don't think it will make much sense to post pictures until I get a haircut I will only upload the product and then my hair for comparison.

What I am using:
                Propecia: have been on it for about 2 years now.
                Best MSM 1500 OptiMSM(good kind)

Unrelated but just for the sake for information:
                Iodoral - High Potency Iodine/Potassium Iodide
                Noopept - about 50mg a day or more.

Applying:
                Nizoral - once a week
                Sulfate free Shampoo daily
                Neogenic - going to apply it daily

Comment

• Kiwi
                  • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Erick
                  I want to let everyone know that I have received my package and applied it to my scalp for the first time today. Since I don't think it will make much sense to post pictures until I get a haircut I will only upload the product and then my hair for comparison.

What I am using:
                  Propecia: have been on it for about 2 years now.
                  Best MSM 1500 OptiMSM(good kind)

Unrelated but just for the sake for information:
                  Iodoral - High Potency Iodine/Potassium Iodide
                  Noopept - about 50mg a day or more.

Applying:
                  Nizoral - once a week
                  Sulfate free Shampoo daily
                  Neogenic - going to apply it daily

Dude you totally need to post before and after shots.

Comment

• Erick
                    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Kiwi
                    Dude you totally need to post before and after shots.
                    Yes I will, I do also have to say that the little tube used to apply the liquid is complete garbage. The first time I tried it, I wasted one little bottle because it dropped on the floor. So now I guess i'm going to have to use one of those little water sprayers used at the barber shops.

Comment

• dex89
                      • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Erick
                      Yes I will, I do also have to say that the little tube used to apply the liquid is complete garbage. The first time I tried it, I wasted one little bottle because it dropped on the floor. So now I guess i'm going to have to use one of those little water sprayers used at the barber shops.
                      what's your norwood mate?

Comment

• UK_
                        • Feb 2011

If someone can point me to a thread about the ISHRS meeting then please do so.

Has anyone here got any information on how we can view the presentations at the ISHRS Annual Scientific Meeting which started yesterday?

Histogen, Aderans, PGD2 will all be discussed there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

• Erick
                          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by dex89
                          what's your norwood mate?
                          I don't know exactly, it's not one of those traditional receding hair lines. I think it's what you call defuse thinning, I would probably have to say a 1 or 2 maybe. I grew a lot of hair back with finasteride.

Comment

• StayThick
                            • Oct 2012

I also purchased the Vichy Neogenic and will reporting my results through 3 months on this forum. Will it work? I say no, but at this point I am willing to try anything that might produce some sort of thickening. I'll gladly inform you all of my progress throughout the 3 month duration.

For those that call it snake oil, your probably right...but if your bald or balding, don't you think $124 is worth spending to "possibly" see some growth. I mean do any of you work? That's 2 1/2 months of Rogaine foam. I mean the complaining I see on here is amusing to me. YOU ARE BALD, work and try products that might have an effect..especially if you are already spending money on other products designed for your hairloss.

That being said, I purchase mine from EBAY and it is legit and looks like all the others I seen so far. The applicator by far is the worst of it's kind I have seen or used, especially when being compared to the backed up sprayer of the old Spectral DNC. I literally leaked less than half the bottle trying to use it. I guess with Loreal you shouldn't be surprised.

The scent isn't horrible, but it is noticable and last's a while. This product isn't the best if you use it in the AM before work, as it leaves your hair slightly greasy looking. I am one bottle in, so again, I'll let you all know my progress.

I am only taking Rogaine Foam 2x a day and a sulfate-free Regenepure DR and NT as a shampoo. I also just added EMU oil this week as a topical to try in the PM. As far as FIN goes, I will NEVER touch that again...I'll save that experience for another post. Good day everyone.

Comment

• Stanth
                              • Jul 2012

Thanks StayThick for saying about reporting results... I too am sceptical to say the least, but before writing something off, it'd be good to see any actual results, good or bad. Be interested to see how it goes!

Comment

• Buy The Ticket
                                • Oct 2012

Any updates from anyone?
                                Thanks.

Comment

Working...