X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dazza
    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by dex89
    God dammit, when are we going to have a cure? lol
    There are afew companies working hard on viable treatments but as far as a "cure" don't get your hopes up anytime soon.

Comment

• new bubble
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Dazza
      There are afew companies working hard on viable treatments but as far as a "cure" don't get your hopes up anytime soon.
      Agree with that, I don't think l'oreal has ever bought a product to the market that does what is says on there labels (lol) be it hair, skin or anything else. But the fear of one of these smaller companies bringing something has got them all shaken.
      Could you imagine the damage this will do to them especially if l'oreal product does nothing, years ago l'oreal did very little in male grooming so they could get away ith bit NOT these days and they know it.

Comment

• Dazza
        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by new bubble
        Could you imagine the damage this will do to them especially if l'oreal product does nothing
        there first hairloss product did nothing yet people are excited and willing to try this one. I don't think they care tbh. When/if this product fails They will just release a new mega ultra better improved version and people will jump onto that, then another after that one fails. People get desperate and companies take advantage.

Comment

• gutted
          • Jan 2011

They will just release a new mega ultra better improved version and people will jump onto that, then another after that one fails. People get desperate and companies take advantage.
          not in these times...they know a very very good viable treatment is literally around the corner, they wont gain anything by releaseing ineffective products, apart from being lablled as snake oil. This likley has some efficacy behind it, the question is how much?

A cure for mpb is not neccasary, what is required is a "good" treatment that -
          1)gives back pre mpb denisty
          2)convenient - doesnt need to be used forever, but periodically, when hair starts to thin again due to susceptibility after a few years, you use the treatment again for a few months until denisty is restored.
          3)available to everyone - if its not accessible to everyone due to financial constraints there is STILL room for innovation.

that is when you can consider mpb cured.

Comment

• new bubble
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by gutted
            not in these times...they know a very very good viable treatment is literally around the corner, they wont gain anything by releaseing ineffective products, apart from being lablled as snake oil. This likley has some efficacy behind it, the question is how much?

A cure for mpb is not neccasary, what is required is a "good" treatment that -
            1)gives back pre mpb denisty
            2)convenient - doesnt need to be used forever, but periodically, when hair starts to thin again due to susceptibility after a few years, you use the treatment again for a few months until denisty is restored.
            3)available to everyone - if its not accessible to everyone due to financial constraints there is STILL room for innovation.

that is when you can consider mpb cured.
            Gutted - I agree with your analysis, the only way l'oreal can manipulate a potential cure andkeep providing lotions and potions that don't work is if they hold the patent for the magic ingredient and large corporations are known to do this.

Comment

• gutted
              • Jan 2011

Gutted - I agree with your analysis, the only way l'oreal can manipulate a potential cure andkeep providing lotions and potions that don't work is if they hold the patent for the magic ingredient and large corporations are known to do this.

manufacturers of rogaine probably hold it.

Comment

• new bubble
                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by gutted
                manufacturers of rogaine probably hold it.
                If they do, eventually they will be forced to bring it out, NO ONE can stop the wheels of progression from turning.

This will be interesting to see how rogaine respond if l'oreal has some results no matter how small.

Comment

• Dazza
                  • Jun 2012

If they do, eventually they will be forced to bring it out.
                  they don't. It's something silly like under 7% of males try to treat mpb because of lack of knowledge and a viable treatment. If the people at rogain had a better product they would of released it to boost that under 7% to a much much higher % not only increasing there already big profits tho absolutly dominating the hairloss market.

I agree there is great treatments in the pipeline, but I can't see it being a mass market topical, esp from a company like loreal.

Comment

• new bubble
                    • Aug 2012

they don't. It's something silly like under 7% of males try to treat mpb because of lack of knowledge and a viable treatment. If the people at rogain had a better product they would of released it to boost that under 7% to a much much higher % not only increasing there already big profits tho absolutly dominating the hairloss market.

I agree there is great treatments in the pipeline, but I can't see it being a mass market topical, esp from a company like loreal.
                    That used to be the consensus but the market is much much bigger now, rogaine is readily available you can even buy it from the supermarkets now. Its advertised alot more even on primetime TV. These are the very reasons why we will see better solutions sooner than we think. I say again male grooming used to be small 15 years ago and now its huge It truly is a mass market

Comment

• thechamp
                      • Jan 2011

I'm excited about loreal

Loreal is not clamping miracles like trx2 4 percent increase and stop hair loss bring this treatment on I'm excited!!

Comment

• gutted
                        • Jan 2011

that is not the way a business would bring tehcnology to market...

new tehcnology is bought out in stages/cycles to milk it for what its worth.
                        Think of hdtv, it was available 10-20 years ago yet we still had SDTV tv's being marketed.

Comment

• thechamp
                          • Jan 2011

Loreal

Loreal will work and you guys will still complain

Comment

• Jan 2012

wow I'm a pretty optimistic person but I just can't see why would this product work... Loreal are trolls. I'm willing to bet all my money that this is even weaker than minoxidil if that.

Comment

• gutted
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by thechamp
                              Loreal will work and you guys will still complain
                              thats true champ...most people want FULL restoration...they dont want a THIRD, QUARTER or HALF restoration...

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
                                • Jul 2011

Comment

Working...