Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dazza
    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Dazza
    Did a quick google search and came up with nothing, only thing to out of that meeting on the 5th I could find was the announcement of the u.s patent.
    The present invention is directed to a method of producing compositions including embryonic proteins. The method includes culturing cells under hypoxic conditions on a biocompatible

Said patent.

Comment

• rdawg
      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by UK_
      Speaking of showing impressive results - has anyone had a chance to see the presentation by Dr Mansbridge that was held on 5th September?
      I dont think histogen was actually there. Looked through the list of presenters at that convention and Histogen wasnt on the list.

pretty weird, but the main update is still coming in october so yea.

Comment

• Person
        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by rdawg
        I dont think histogen was actually there. Looked through the list of presenters at that convention and Histogen wasnt on the list.

what stage are they in and at how many months in will they be when they announce results in OCT?

Comment

• rdawg
          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Person
          what stage are they in and at how many months in will they be when they announce results in OCT?
          They started Phase II in January 2012. Ends in December.

From what I can tell they either go into Phase II part 2 in January 2013 or Phase III.

they'll be about 10 months in when they announce results in October.

Comment

• UK_
            • Feb 2011

Thanks for checking rdawg I couldnt find anything - it is strange being that the presentation is advertised on Histogens 'upcoming events' section of their website - I only ask because mid-October still feels far away lol.

Comment

• Dazza
              • Jun 2012

Current trial

Comment

• rdawg
                • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Dazza
                Hmm I think that clarifies that the actual hair stimulating complex is going to be heading into phase I/II part 2 in January, not Phase III. Still we'll see how positive the results were for this phase.

Comment

• UK_
                  • Feb 2011

Hmm I think that clarifies that the actual hair stimulating complex is going to be heading into phase I/II part 2 in January, not Phase III. Still we'll see how positive the results were for this phase.
                  I dont know, maybe they will maybe they'll go straight to Phase III. You know I remember Gail stating way back in 2010 that the product could be due for pan-Asian release as early as late 2013, but who knows.

Comment

• Pate
                    • Sep 2011

Sorry, how does it clarify that? I must be missing something.

I suspect they will do a proper Phase IIb before a Phase III, much as I hope they go straight to Phase III. But I don't see anything in that clinicaltrials.gov record that clarifies they're doing Phase I/II part 2?

If anything, this is Phase I/II part 2, because the original study was I/II part 1.

Comment

• rdawg
                      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Pate
                      Sorry, how does it clarify that? I must be missing something.

I suspect they will do a proper Phase IIb before a Phase III, much as I hope they go straight to Phase III. But I don't see anything in that clinicaltrials.gov record that clarifies they're doing Phase I/II part 2?

If anything, this is Phase I/II part 2, because the original study was I/II part 1.
                      Well it's not a for sure, but according to that link, the actual hair product/hair solution(HSC) is only phase I, the technology/device is phase II, telling me the product will be going into phase II now. I could be wrong though.

either way if it passes this phase, it's ONLY good news, and depending on the results we could know it already works whether it's going into phase IIb or phase III.

this is only for europe though, NA is going to be behind a year or two even after approval of this in europe(if it gets that far.)

if this passes in december to the next phase, we're looking at a late 2014 launch in Europe/Asia and late 2015-2016 launch in NA.

Comment

• Pate
                        • Sep 2011

Well it's not a for sure, but according to that link, the actual hair product/hair solution(HSC) is only phase I, the technology/device is phase II, telling me the product will be going into phase II now. I could be wrong though.
                        I don't think that's what it means. I think you are supposed to read them in columns, not rows.

ie the formulation tested contains both HSC and DMEM (which is the cell conditioning serum that grows the fibroblasts), and the formulation is being tested in both Phase I and Phase II.

But yeah, no matter what it is, the 3 month results were fantastic. I'm waiting impatiently for the next results. One of the subjects nearly doubled his total and terminal hair counts at 3 months - his results at 12 months will be very interesting. Subject S1027 in the previous trial only had 5% more total hair at 3 months, but 50% more at 12 months.

Comment

• UK_
                          • Feb 2011

The great question is whether this will grow hair in slick bald areas - if it doesnt we can always concentrate 100% of HT grafts on the hair line then use HSC in the crown area to get density back

Comment

• rdawg
                            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by UK_
                            The great question is whether this will grow hair in slick bald areas - if it doesnt we can always concentrate 100% of HT grafts on the hair line then use HSC in the crown area to get density back
                            The guy from histogen interviewed in june said they had JUST injected a slick bald area on a new test patient. so it's been about 3-4 months. Undoubtedly we'll find out in October.

If it only adds density or reverses vellus hairs, that's still great for thinning or moderate hair sufferers.

Comment

• UK_
                              • Feb 2011

The guy from histogen interviewed in june said they had JUST injected a slick bald area on a new test patient. so it's been about 3-4 months. Undoubtedly we'll find out in October.

If it only adds density or reverses vellus hairs, that's still great for thinning or moderate hair sufferers.
                              Definitely, so long as its better than propecia and minox its a successful treatment, people with higher norwoods would benefit from having this treatment combined with a HT. And continued injections into recipient and donor areas AFTER the treatment too.

They could actually distribute this product as a treatment to have every 6 months after a HT to ensure continued hair growth on top of transplanted grafts.

Comment

• Conpecia
                                • Sep 2011

Anyone know when in October to expect the update?

Comment

Working...