Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yeahyeahyeah
    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by neversaynever
    Investment does not prove anything. Many many companies have had big financial backing and failed.

Also, the timeline posted is out of date. They are way behind that schedule. The last word from them is that they will conclude phase 2 next year.

I imagine, assuming phase 2 went well, they will take quite a while to arrange phase 3. Probably early 2014.

That will take more than a year (why would it not?)

After that, assuming they have a successful product, they will need time to discuss and plan what to do with it.

Sorry, no chance before 2016.
    No the last word from them was that they would conclude their phase 2 'BY' next year.

Can you see the difference?

Comment

• neversaynever
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by yeahyeahyeah
      No the last word from them was that they would conclude their phase 2 'BY' next year.

Can you see the difference?
      Ahhh yes. Jsut checked again, youre right. Im wrong, and im glad im wrong :P

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
        • Nov 2011

Originally posted by neversaynever
        Ahhh yes. Jsut checked again, youre right. Im wrong, and im glad im wrong :P
        Either way when phase 2 has ended everyone will find out the deal with aderans.

Phase 2 where was where intercytex failed.

Comment

• Maradona
          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by hairysituation
          "Practice makes it perfect" Your IQ must be at the same level as an extremely retarded monkey, at best. I agree that science/research will provide some useful information that possibly can benefit hair loss sufferers in the future. However, it's not like Aderans' research is like a game where they just can perfect their method until it's ideal, it simply dosen't work that way.

It would take decades to transfer the errors connected to Aderans' research and to actually be able to get a viable treatment to the mainstream, decades. It's also given that Aderans provide any useful research/information at all.
          Wow you make me look like a good guy.

But the guy is right that's what aderans is doing in essence: practicing.

Aderans goal right now and expectations are not to give you a brad pitt hairline.

It is impossible at this point because they are only using DHT resistant derma papilla and derma sheath cells. These cells only produce hair fiber when they are stimulated by other cells or "follicular stem cells" "progenitor cells" whatever you wanna call it. Also the hair thickness is proportional to the number of these cells.

So their ji-gami combinations are most likely made of different cultured cells from different parts of the follicles with different concentrations + DP cells to see which of these ji-gami series gives you a more consistent and better results on all stages of MPB.

They simply are picking up on the mistakes of intercytex and trying to improve their product. So it is expected that they will be better than them or at least more consistent.

Obviously (at least to me), they will not be able and they are aware they will not restore nw7s to nw1s with nice and fully functioning Brad pitt follicles especially with the discovery that those guys at Tokyo did. You need many things into play to achieve such result.

Their main goal is to make money and how? Well they already have Bosley or are Bosley.

So they will be satisfied to increase overall density along with transplants to give you a realistic non-balding look. For example transplanted hair can be put all over the scalp with really low density and these new follicles from aderans will fill in the gaps, assuming they are successful in increasing the shaft diameter of new and existing miniaturized follicles.

It can also increase shaft diameter of existing follicles. The main problem is consistency. Even if you have the miniaturized follicles it might not be possible to do this in practice and this is what they have been working on.

And yes these guys are testing on advanced stage pattern baldness, they are the only ones.

I am not sure which part of the scalp though.

I think aderans will be the first to come to market but it's not the cure we are all expecting, some will find this useful.

That's my opinion.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Maradona
            Wow you make me look like a good guy.

Aderans goal right now and expectations are not to give you a brad pitt hairline.

It is impossible at this point because they are only using DHT resistant derma papilla and derma sheath cells. These cells only produce hair fiber when they are stimulated by other cells or "follicular stem cells" "progenitor cells" whatever you wanna call it. Also the hair thickness is proportional to the number of these cells.

So their ji-gami combinations are most likely made of different cultured cells from different parts of the follicles with different concentrations + DP cells to see which of these ji-gami series gives you a more consistent and better results on all stages of MPB.

They simply are picking up on the mistakes of intercytex and trying to improve their product. So it is expected that they will be better than them or at least more consistent.

Obviously (at least to me), they will not be able and they are aware they will not restore nw7s to nw1s with nice and fully functioning Brad pitt follicles especially with the discovery that those guys at Tokyo did. You need many things into play to achieve such result.

Their main goal is to make money and how? Well they already have Bosley or are Bosley.

So they will be satisfied to increase overall density along with transplants to give you a realistic non-balding look. For example transplanted hair can be put all over the scalp with really low density and these new follicles from aderans will fill in the gaps, assuming they are successful in increasing the shaft diameter of new and existing miniaturized follicles.

It can also increase shaft diameter of existing follicles. The main problem is consistency. Even if you have the miniaturized follicles it might not be possible to do this in practice and this is what they have been working on.

And yes these guys are testing on advanced stage pattern baldness, they are the only ones.

I am not sure which part of the scalp though.

I think aderans will be the first to come to market but it's not the cure we are all expecting, some will find this useful.

That's my opinion.
            So its like getting a scalp tattoo to fill in the gaps?

Comment

• Maradona
              • Nov 2011

So its like getting a scalp tattoo to fill in the gaps?
              No that's just a guess what they can do. It will be better than a scalp tattoo. They can also increase your current hair diameter assuming you're still have good follicles.

I wouldn't worry so much if I were you yeahyeahyeah you have a mature hairline you won't be balding for a long time, you will find these treatments useful if they make it to market.

I'm talking about the ones that are screwed, soon to be nw4 horshoes.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                • Nov 2011

No that's just a guess what they can do. It will be better than a scalp tattoo. They can also increase your current hair diameter assuming you're still have good follicles.
                Sigh, I wish people would stop guessing on here.

I think part of the reason why this board is so negative, is because people freak out over speculation which is based on x person's opinion. Who for that point ironically has no idea what is really going on either.

If Aderans are in the game of regrowing hair, what good will microscopic hair do for anyone?...I may as well apply toppik. As far as I understand they are in the process of perfecting their treatment.

To add, spending over a 100 million for a treatment where there are no cosmetic significant hairs, is a failure.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                  • Nov 2011

I wouldn't worry so much if I were you yeahyeahyeah you have a mature hairline you won't be balding for a long time, you will find these treatments useful if they make it to market.
                  I have a feeling that you are right, but, how do we know that the mature hairline is not a myth?

Comment

• Maradona
                    • Nov 2011

I have a feeling that you are right, but, how do we know that the mature hairline is not a myth?
                    It is a myth. You're balding it's just that it is very slow or it has stopped there for the moment, you said you were shedding 10 hairs. That's nothing. You should be good for the next 5 years.

I'm shedding like a dog.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                      • Nov 2011

It is a myth. You're balding it's just that it is very slow or it has stopped there for the moment, you said you were shedding 10 hairs. That's nothing. You should be good for the next 5 years.

I'm shedding like a dog.
                      Depressing.

No gaurentee that it wont become aggressive

Comment

• hairysituation
                        • Feb 2012

Ok, Maradona. If Aderan's only can fill in bald gaps, without good quality hairs, wouldn't BHT (Body Hair Transplant) be a much better option?

Comment

• Davey Jones
                          • Apr 2012

I want everyone to keep in mind that any comment on the effectiveness of treatments in slick bald areas is purely speculative. Each treatment works in a different way, so each, totally independantly of the effectiveness of the others, may or may not work on these follicles, and only experimentation can reveal that.. Anyone who says they KNOW they don't work is talking out of their a**. And same thing to people who say they KNOW they will work on slick bald areas.

Comment

• Maradona
                            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by hairysituation
                            Ok, Maradona. If Aderan's only can fill in bald gaps, without good quality hairs, wouldn't BHT (Body Hair Transplant) be a much better option?
                            You do have a point. I hope they can produce brad pitt hairs, but it is clear as water (at least to me) that it will most likely never happen with aderans.

but who knows?

I also wonder if replicel's microscopic hairs were at the right angle or not, they never mentioned this.

Comment

• CVAZBAR
                              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by iHope
                              Thank you for being our guardian angel.

Amazing and trully inspiring statement.
                              Yes, his IQ is of a genius but yet he is here arguing with a dude who he claims has an IQ of a retarded monkey. He can also predict the future. I guess he really is here to save us ha. Speaking of idiots.

Comment

• WashedOut
                                • Dec 2011

I'm shedding like a dog.
                                Mature hairline is not a myth. There are 80 year old guys out there with V shaped hairlines and they die with hair. Maybe if they live to be 150 years old they will go bald but who knows/cares.

Comment

Working...