Progress of upcoming treatments

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • born
    replied
    Originally posted by bigentries
    Did the guy from hairsite return or what?

    Because I remember him being disappointed at the results, and while he saw regrow, it wasn't cosmetically relevant.
    I do remember reading him about getting more injections. But something tells me they found out he was posting on the internet
    at the beginning he was dissapointed but after more injections he got good results.Results that will get better with more injections.They found out about him so he can't post photos.

    Leave a comment:


  • bigentries
    replied
    Did the guy from hairsite return or what?

    Because I remember him being disappointed at the results, and while he saw regrow, it wasn't cosmetically relevant.
    I do remember reading him about getting more injections. But something tells me they found out he was posting on the internet

    Leave a comment:


  • Pate
    replied
    Since Follica are a private, unlisted company... whenever they can be bothered telling us.

    Leave a comment:


  • born
    replied
    since follica completed phase 2 studies when are we going to know about the results?

    Leave a comment:


  • Follicle Death Row
    replied
    Originally posted by krewel
    Aderans will probably be the first company bringing a solution to the market. Their last Phase 2 trial will end this year.
    Yeah I still think they can have something on the market by 2014. Replicel's treatment sounds more promising but I don't think they'll make it by 2015.

    Leave a comment:


  • krewel
    replied
    Originally posted by born
    yeah people of hairsite doubted that he was telling the truth,but his real name was given and he proved that he was indeed in touch with aderans.He is in new york btw.
    Aderans will probably be the first company bringing a solution to the market. Their last Phase 2 trial will end this year.

    Leave a comment:


  • born
    replied
    Originally posted by Kampung101
    Interesting find. I have to admit, since this is from hairsite, I'm a little bit cautious, but if you trust this poster, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

    If what he says is true, and these results are the general norm for those in the experimental group, then things seem to be going pretty positive for Aderans.
    yeah people of hairsite doubted that he was telling the truth,but his real name was given and he proved that he was indeed in touch with aderans.He is in new york btw.

    Leave a comment:


  • DepressedByHairLoss
    replied
    I really have hope in all of the treatments/cures: Replicel, Histogen, Aderans, Follica. They all instill hope in me for different reasons. I think Replicel really offers us the best chance to restore our full heads of hair; their technique seems to be very innovative, concrete, and well-researched. I love how their procedure is supposed to create new follicles as well as repair damaged ones. I really like that Histogen's procedure is non-invasive and does not create any permanent scarring whatsoever. I think that testing has determined that HSC Complex can already create as much hair in a bald spot as your average transplant. I was not as confident in Aderans's results but since they recently received a $100 million investment, this may kick their procedure into high gear and they may be onto something. With regards to Follica, I think that Cotsarelis seems to be too much of a knowledgeable hair loss researcher to think that only micro-abrasion and lithium can lead to meaningful hair regrowth. I believe that lithium is only a very weak WNT agonist. And I don't think that Follica would market something that barely exceeds the expectations of today's shitbag options like Rogaine, Propecia, and regular hair transplants. Therefore, I think that Cotsarelis is developing a much more intricate and effective procedure than lithium + derm-abrasion. But I'm not a big fan of Cotsarelis's negativity, saying that hair loss won't be cured anytime soon. Having a full head of hair is so important to all of us so I don't see what the point is of being so damn negative. I really like the optimism of Replicel's founders who really believe they have found the cure to hair loss. That really just gives me a reason for living because I absolutely refuse to live the life of a bald man.
    What I really do not have confidence in are these applications that attempt to multiply hair using hair transplants. I know that Drs. Bernstein and Cooley are somehow attempting to transplant hair and then regrow the hair from where it was transplanted using Acell. As we know normal hair transplants don't even come close to achieving a full head of hair, and even if this Acell technique was effective, then Acell would regenerate plucked hair in the donor area, thereby creating hair for more and more hair transplants. So I guess this would then allow doctors to pluck hair, regenerate the plucked hair follicle using Acell which would then allow them to pluck the hair regenerated by Acell all over again. This just does not seem feasible in my eyes, would create massive scarring, and would not even come close to giving us the full head of hair that we all want. And even then, you'll still need to be on Rogaine and Propecia for life. I wish that these doctors would forget about these hair transplants already, since they are very limited, extremely invasive, and don't give us nearly the results that we want. But I don't think that they're going to do that, since these HT's are huge money making machines.

    Leave a comment:


  • Have Hope3
    replied
    RepliCel

    Originally posted by Reece
    Anyone still holding out hope for some type of replicel data q1 2012?
    Hello Everyone.. After having a small email conversation with the director of communications from RepliCel it is apparant that they are still planning on posting their phase 1 results sometime in late March. They are also hoping to start their phase 2b dosing trail in the Fall of 2012.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kampung101
    replied
    Originally posted by born
    There was a guy name bald halftruth from hair site saying ....

    Hi Shooter. As I reported earlier... I was moved to the New Hyde Park, Long Island location (only 3 miles from where I live). I experienced pretty good regrowth to the two "almost" bald areas ARI worked on. "Pretty good" meaning cosmetically significant, but not the density I have on the "healthy" sides of my head. I'd say I've tripled the amount of hairs in those two small patches (approx. 2.5 square cm) ARI tested on. Where there were about 9-10 hairs in one of the patches, there are about 26-30 now. Significant increase, but not the density of 70-75 hairs per similar area on the sides of my head. But I'm due for another round of injections. They say theoretically, it should improve the results. We'll see. The reason for the long delay in the second round of injections is because they wanted to see if the new hairs have proper growth cycles.

    Aderans method seams to work.The guy is indeed participant of aderans clinical trialts.
    Interesting find. I have to admit, since this is from hairsite, I'm a little bit cautious, but if you trust this poster, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

    If what he says is true, and these results are the general norm for those in the experimental group, then things seem to be going pretty positive for Aderans.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kampung101
    replied
    Originally posted by HairTalk
    but the one before–after photograph Histogen has (as of Jan., 2012) shared is anything but remarkable.
    Keep in mind that the area of injection that photographed was no larger than a dime. Obviously a tiny area with a zoomed in picture isn't going to look that impressive, but considering the hair count they got per cm squared on just the 1st trial, its pretty impressive.

    Leave a comment:


  • krewel
    replied
    Originally posted by ffar
    Hi. I have question. Does Aderans and Replicel method make rest of your hair on top save from DHT??
    Replicel yes but I'm not sure about Aderans. But I think so.

    Leave a comment:


  • ffar
    replied
    Hi. I have question. Does Aderans and Replicel method make rest of your hair on top save from DHT??

    Leave a comment:


  • born
    replied
    There was a guy name bald halftruth from hair site saying ....

    Hi Shooter. As I reported earlier... I was moved to the New Hyde Park, Long Island location (only 3 miles from where I live). I experienced pretty good regrowth to the two "almost" bald areas ARI worked on. "Pretty good" meaning cosmetically significant, but not the density I have on the "healthy" sides of my head. I'd say I've tripled the amount of hairs in those two small patches (approx. 2.5 square cm) ARI tested on. Where there were about 9-10 hairs in one of the patches, there are about 26-30 now. Significant increase, but not the density of 70-75 hairs per similar area on the sides of my head. But I'm due for another round of injections. They say theoretically, it should improve the results. We'll see. The reason for the long delay in the second round of injections is because they wanted to see if the new hairs have proper growth cycles.

    Aderans method seams to work.The guy is indeed participant of aderans clinical trialts.

    Leave a comment:


  • HairTalk
    replied
    Originally posted by Reece
    Anyone still holding out hope for some type of replicel data q1 2012?
    I see no reason why not. Enrolling subjects, then following through, are the most difficult parts of a study (unless you also count acquiring funding, etc.). RepliCel has successfully finished treating everyone it set out to; the only thing that could "go wrong," now, is subjects' not reporting for follow-up. If this happens, it'll be too bad, but the only real effect ought to be, RepliCel would publish results with a smaller-than-anticipated n; the data still ought to come in.

    Now, this study of RepliCel comprised only 19 subjects (down from the initially-planned 20, to save time). So, of course, no result ought to be considered "conclusive"; but, if all 19 persons come out with full heads of hair and showing no adverse effects — a long-shot, but nice to think about— I think everyone will have earned the right to be extremely happy.

    Leave a comment:

Working...