Progress of upcoming treatments

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HairTalk
    replied
    Originally posted by born
    And what's so special about histogen?It's the most discussed treatment thus far.
    I agree that a lot of the hype around Histogen's H.S.C. is unfounded. Everything anyone can say is based on a single pilot study, which was conducted in January of 2009. People often cite "impressive numbers," but the one before–after photograph Histogen has (as of Jan., 2012) shared is anything but remarkable.

    I believe, at the moment, Histogen, RepliCel, and Aderans are the three major companies exploring innovative hair-restoration techniques. Regaring which is farthest in the "race," I don't think any is ever so far ahead to let a person make a bold claim — and, as it is, the slightest stumble would quickly set the leader back a number of paces.

    Besides these three companies, I'm interested to hear how Dr. Robert Bernstein's research has come along, assuming he did begin mid-2011. Earlier, I was curious to learn what Dr. Cooley discovers plucking and ACell, but I believe that's fallen through (as almost everything in this field tends to).

    By ~April of 2012, I believe, if nothing else, we should have a sense from most, if not all, of the above four sources about their progress. Until then, as I said, I feel anyone making any strong claims about any is simply blowing hard.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sogeking
    replied
    Originally posted by ffar
    Yeah, follicia... can someone know what this treatmant will look like??
    Originally posted by KO from another forum
    In the intial trial they did at Harvard University, they only tested dermabrasion with no pharmaceutical intervention, and 2 out of 15 people grew hairs with that. In this trial they've added the lithium component, but for the next trial it may even be possible for them to add more drugs to the lithium. Remember, everything they are using is already FDA approved, they're just looking for another indication to get it approved for
    Basically there will be some wounding coupled with some lithium.

    In my own opinion Follica a marginal treatment at best. I don't expect much from them. But Cotsarelis is doing good research for later generations so that is a plus. Anyways I wouldn't hope too much for Follica but competition is always good.

    Leave a comment:


  • Reece
    replied
    Anyone still holding out hope for some type of replicel data q1 2012?

    Leave a comment:


  • ffar
    replied
    Yeah, follicia... can someone know what this treatmant will look like??

    Leave a comment:


  • born
    replied
    Originally posted by Kampung101
    Follica apparently finished phase 2 in the summer. So they should be heading into phase 3 in the near future.
    I didn't know follica was on human trials.I really don't expect anything from them.It's hard to find info for those treatments.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kampung101
    replied
    Originally posted by krewel
    They're all in Phase I and II
    Follica apparently finished phase 2 in the summer. So they should be heading into phase 3 in the near future.

    Leave a comment:


  • ffar
    replied
    krewel do you have links where I can see thos results of histogen be patients?

    Leave a comment:


  • Kirby_
    replied
    Originally posted by krewel
    I have seen many people on this forum counting the amount of new hair on these pictures and saying things like "Oh this won't be enough etc..."
    Still better than nowt. Those pictures look very promising. No miracle cure of course, but noticeably better than the existing treatments as far as I know.

    Leave a comment:


  • krewel
    replied
    Well their Phase I results have been pretty impressive, you can look at them here (you need to scroll down a bit) :

    In simple words, it's an injection which makes your hair grow again.

    But please consider that these are Phase I results. I have seen many people on this forum counting the amount of new hair on these pictures and saying things like "Oh this won't be enough etc..."
    Phase I is just there to ensure safety.

    Leave a comment:


  • born
    replied
    Originally posted by krewel
    They're all in Phase I and II, at least Replicel is in Phase I. No (new) pictures yet, we will see them this year.
    And what's so special about histogen?It's the most discussed treatment thus far.

    Leave a comment:


  • krewel
    replied
    They're all in Phase I and II, at least Replicel is in Phase I. No (new) pictures yet, we will see them this year.

    Leave a comment:


  • born
    started a topic Progress of upcoming treatments

    Progress of upcoming treatments

    Can someone inform briefly where the current 4 companies are ?Do we have an pictures that those treatments are working? I'm new to this forum ,i've read some threads but i'm confused.Thanks in advance.
Working...